AFLW Round 5 - Geelong v Richmond at GMHBA Stadium, Friday 7.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrapt in this nomination for Ellie and its been an amazing few days for the girls, our womens footy dept and the club. Have now watched the replay and knowing the result had a grin from ear to ear. Its amazing how some confidence and belief can have a huge impact the way as individuals, and as a team, they played. So sweet to get our first win by smashing the cats, makes up for last year when we were right in the game and then Brennan got KO'd, so was hoping for some Karma to come our way Friday. It should be a great game v North, have a feeling we will take it right up to them with having a win and home crowd right behind them. Go Tiger girls.

Gonna be a fine player Ellie, has got it all, moves well, handles the ball clean , booming kick and very good mark . Love watching her having a dash , go well kiddo
Yep. In time there will be more and more watchable players like Elle and Monique... standard is improving.

The girls have improved out of sight , credit to them . Looking forward to Friday , a great test where they’re at

The form line coming into last weeks game indicated that we should have spanked the Cats and that's exactly what we did so our form is true.

Kearney, Bruton, Riddell and Garner had the ball on a string and accounted for around 35% of the team disposals against the Blues. Hope we can replicate the same pressure as last week. It was telling. Didn't give those Cats an inch. Looks like a familiar style. Wonder where I've seen it.

AFLW Team of the Week, round five
Sarah Black

DEFENDERS
Lauren Ahrens (Gold Coast), Maddy Collier (West Coast), Aileen Gilroy (North Melbourne), Stacey Livingstone (Collingwood), Kate Lutkins (Brisbane)

MIDFIELDERS
Lauren Bella (Gold Coast, ruck), Emily Bates (Brisbane), Monique Conti (Richmond), Brianna Davey (Collingwood), Jasmine Garner (North Melbourne) Ebony Marinoff (Adelaide)

FORWARDS
Katie Brennan (Richmond)
, Isabel Huntington (Western Bulldogs), Chloe Molloy (Collingwood), Bonnie Toogood (Western Bulldogs), Darcy Vescio (Carlton)

INTERCHANGE
Greta Bodey (Brisbane), Kiara Bowers (Fremantle), Mikayla Bowen (West Coast), Sarah D'Arcy (Richmond), Kirsty Lamb (Western Bulldogs)

AFLW Team of the Week, round five
Sarah Black

DEFENDERS
Lauren Ahrens (Gold Coast), Maddy Collier (West Coast), Aileen Gilroy (North Melbourne), Stacey Livingstone (Collingwood), Kate Lutkins (Brisbane)

MIDFIELDERS
Lauren Bella (Gold Coast, ruck), Emily Bates (Brisbane), Monique Conti (Richmond), Brianna Davey (Collingwood), Jasmine Garner (North Melbourne) Ebony Marinoff (Adelaide)

FORWARDS
Katie Brennan (Richmond)
, Isabel Huntington (Western Bulldogs), Chloe Molloy (Collingwood), Bonnie Toogood (Western Bulldogs), Darcy Vescio (Carlton)

INTERCHANGE
Greta Bodey (Brisbane), Kiara Bowers (Fremantle), Mikayla Bowen (West Coast), Sarah D'Arcy (Richmond), Kirsty Lamb (Western Bulldogs)
Well done darcy thought she played well

Well done darcy thought she played well

Loved hearing Ash Brazill say that while Sarah D'Arcy was playing at the Pies she was telling them all that she was a Tiger.

Don't care if she doesn't get another kick. Instantly into the favs column.

Loved hearing Ash Brazill say that while Sarah D'Arcy was playing at the Pies she was telling them all that she was a Tiger.

Don't care if she doesn't get another kick. Instantly into the favs column.
Was talking to her parents at the season launch before round 1. They hated having to support Collingwood. They were really nice people to have a chat to.

My mum and I travelled to the game. We were extremely happy that we did. It was very exciting especially after the game. I was so proud of the players and the club. I did get a little emotionally. It's a shame there wasn't many people there cause of cvoid.
Got tickets for Tigerland on Friday and I'm looking foward to it. Go Tigers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mum and I travelled to the game. We were extremely happy that we did. It was very exciting especially after the game. I was so proud of the players and the club. I did get a little emotionally. It's a shame there wasn't many people there cause of cvoid.
It was real hard not to get emotionally invested on Friday night.
I don’t blame you as I was too

It was real hard not to get emotionally invested on Friday night.
I don’t blame you as I was too

Think all of us here have been invested well before Friday night. :)

Last edited:
Bloody rapt for the girls it’s a sellout , I know it’s only 1600 or so, but it will be a great lift to see the terraces filling up

Bloody rapt for the girls it’s a sellout , I know it’s only 1600 or so, but it will be a great lift to see the terraces filling up

Agree, can't do much more than sell what's allowed and available........

Hopefully mostly Tigers.

Think the R1 game at Punt Rd was capped at 1300 and despite being a "sellout" the crowd was 988. Should def be a bigger crowd tomorrow.

I know we live in cautious times but I really can't understand how you can get 8000 to an indoor tennis final yet an outdoor footy game has a cap of 1300.

Last edited:
Hopefully mostly Tigers.

Think the R1 game at Punt Rd was capped at 1300 and despite being a "sellout" the crowd was 988. Should def be a bigger crowd tomorrow.

I know we live in cautious times but I really can't understand how you can get 8000 to an indoor tennis final yet an outdoor footy game has a cap of 1300.
Don’t get me started on restrictions to outdoor events

Remove this Banner Ad

Back