Autopsy Round 5 Giant Away Win

Remove this Banner Ad

Super effort from the Fremantle Football Club yesterday in Canberra.. We thought the Dockers were a serious chance after a very credible effort against the reigning premiers in West Coast last week..just the finishing needed to be better...also the inclusion of Nat Fyfe was a massive help to the cause. The Dockers still made plenty of errors, but to their full credit they adjusted really, really well especially in the final term. Nat Fyfe was unbelievable in the centre and at the contest..Taberner, Hogan have plenty to offer. Lobb was competitive in the ruck..and he clearly relished the win against his old side after the game in the sheds..and there is still heaps of improvment with this team.looking pretty damn good for 2019....anyhow we got some snaps yesterday arvo..and had a chat with David Mundy who is such a cool, pro footy person..always a pleasure to speak with him..love his insight into the game..hey enjoy..

roomff4.jpg

roomff5.jpg

roomff2.jpg

roomff3.jpg

roomff1.jpg

Last edited:
I have been an advocate of needing to score more for some time and I am really glad to see it. Funnily enough, though, I am super pleased to see our defensive mechanisms to negate the opposition ball movement coming together quite well, last week and this week. This is something we have really struggled with, I think, since mid 2015.

We are really seeing a step up in coaching nous at the moment, so well done to the coaching panel. I wonder if Montagna had input into how to play GWS. If so, he could be quite an asset.

It seems to be only me, but I thought Ed had a great game. The most effective disposals on the ground by a margin of 5, going at a de over 90%. Clean hands, enormous work rate, tough, only 2 turnovers, equal second highest score involvements, with Tabs, behind Sonson. I could go on. I thought when GWS were on top at the start of the first and in the third, he just doubled down and worked harder. A really complete game.

Totally with you there, I was amazed at how clean his disposal was, particularly after that comedy of errors with Cam Mac at the saints game.

Super effort from the Fremantle Football Club yesterday in Canberra.. We thought the Dockers were a serious chance after a very credible effort against the reigning premiers in West Coast last week..just the finishing needed to be better...also the inclusion of Nat Fyfe was a massive help to the cause. The Dockers still made plenty of errors, but to their full credit they adjusted really, really well especially in the final term. Nat Fyfe was unbelievable in the centre and at the contest..Taberner, Hogan have plenty to offer. Lobb was competitive in the ruck..and he clearly relished the win against his old side after the game in the sheds..and there is still heaps of improvment with this team.looking pretty damn good for 2019....anyhow we got some snaps yesterday arvo..and had a chat with David Mundy who is such a cool, pro footy person..always a pleasure to speak with him..love his insight into the game..hey enjoy..

View attachment 658851

View attachment 658852

View attachment 658854

View attachment 658855

View attachment 658856

Did you personally take those pics? They are really good

Check out the look on the Lobster's face - it's like holy s**t baby something's cooking here!

1555805554391.png

And I didn't mention it earlier but that pack mark that Tab's took in the last quarter was HUGE. Lynch, Brown and Dixon spoke a lot about him during the coverage and it was interesting that Brown and Lynch both admitted that they'd had the goal kicking yips. Brown said it got so bad he was taking advice from a bloke in the front row of the crowd. With all the love he gets from his team mates Tabs will be just fine.

They also waxed lyrical about Fyfe in the coverage. He always draws a crowd in the crushes which allows the guys on the outside space to operate. You really can't measure what he brings to the ream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I really loved seeing how happy all the boys were after that. Going through all the social medias and stuff, I can't remember when everyone was evidently looking and feeling THIS positive. Then seeing the new boys in Hogan and Lobb look over the moon made it even better.

Replay is on FOX right now BTW! :thumbsu:

Loving that spread of goalkickers atm.

Walters:11
Tabs:10
McCarthy:10
Matera:7
Lobb:5
Colyer & Hogan:4

As of 2019 we’ve never had 6 players in a season kick more than 20 goals. We’ve had a few seasons with 5 players kicking over 20( most of them we played finals)

If we keep going the way we are, I can see that record easily breaking by the end of the season.

Considering Bell was close to moving him on last year, does anyone honestly see him NOT moving him on next month? Surely his requirement was to be playing AFL football before the bye.

Such an enigma isn't he? He's had periods in the past where he couldn't hold a mark but was a dead eye dick in front of goal when he did, but now he's playing like a superstar except for kicking at goal like a donkey with an anxiety disorder.

Still been our best forward of the season though. Surely one day he'll put the two together and kick a huge bag.
To further add to his enigma status. It was only a few years ago when he played an extended run at Peel there was an article that said he kicked something like 18 goals 3 behinds over a six week period (from memory). I used to think Clive Waterhouse was the biggest confidence player in our history. I now think Tabs is the player who's confidence goes up and down more than any player in our history as his belief even seems to go up and down for individual skills. If he kicks a few straight early on in a game then look out. Ditto though if he starts dropping marks and still hasnt ironed out the kicking he could drop back to the pack in terms of performance. To be honest its pretty entertaining to watch either way. Obviously hoping the whole confidence thing builds as the year goes on.

Honourable mention to Cam McCarthy as a contender to be the greatest confidence player in our history. He's not far behind Clive and Tabs.

I have been an advocate of needing to score more for some time and I am really glad to see it. Funnily enough, though, I am super pleased to see our defensive mechanisms to negate the opposition ball movement coming together quite well, last week and this week. This is something we have really struggled with, I think, since mid 2015.

We are really seeing a step up in coaching nous at the moment, so well done to the coaching panel. I wonder if Montagna had input into how to play GWS. If so, he could be quite an asset.

It seems to be only me, but I thought Ed had a great game. The most effective disposals on the ground by a margin of 5, going at a de over 90%. Clean hands, enormous work rate, tough, only 2 turnovers, equal second highest score involvements, with Tabs, behind Sonson. I could go on. I thought when GWS were on top at the start of the first and in the third, he just doubled down and worked harder. A really complete game.

Ed did have a great game. He played scoreboard side all day so i had a good view. Work rate is phenomenal and he always gives our defence an out. He was sometimes burned the other way but that's the way it goes sometimes when you work so hard to make space.

As an aside from the actual game,to all those supporters who were there,well done.I watched and listend on TV to the game.The noise and support was constant.Your voices came across loud and clear. I am sure the players enjoyed hearing support for them as well.
Well done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back