Game Day Round 5 Matchday Discussion - dedicated to Gutsroy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing of beauty, Wayno, outstanding work. :hearteyes:
Reckon it's past time I passed the baton on, anyway, there are others out there like yourself and Loose at HB who do it better and it stops things going stale.
Many hands make light work.
Happy going out with the trade thread write-up for big Roughy this week (hope poor old Mateyman isn't lost to us - that's why I chucked in the TLDR bit :tearsofjoy:).
View attachment 1102591
Whilst I strongly disagree with the suggestion that I do it better, I really did have a lot of fun with those couple of preview threads I wrote up a couple of seasons back. Full time work and the footy frenzy that was last year cut my time down significantly in terms of this sort of stuff and even the short turnarounds between rounds to start this year off has left me time poor but given we're going back to Fri-Sun basically as of next week I'd be more than happy to chip in with a few attempts at humour - I will say the only thing I probably do better than you is melt :tearsofjoy:

WaynesWorld19 if you'd like me to do a couple and the board are happy - let me know :moustache:

No,
Rory Lobb back from injury.

Tracey most useful when trading Flynn me feels.

Waterman or Berg are the wookies this week.i thinks

Have Bergman already thankfully (if he plays).

Do you not think Lobb could come in for Meek? Hasn't set the world on fire, and I daresay Darcy ruck + Treacy forward with Lobb pinch hitting is better than Meek ruck + Darcy forward.

Seems a bit promising for his short term security.

2016: 31d (20k, 11hb), no score
2017: 19d (13k, 6hb) + 1.0, 36d (20k, 11hb) + 2.0
2018: 26d (14k, 12hb) + 2.2, 30d (20k, 10hb) + 1.0
2019: 36d (25k, 11hb) + 0.1
2020: 18d (7k, 11hb) + no score, 25d (16k, 9hb) + 1.0

Couple of quiet games in there including one at Dusty's absolute peak in 2017 but history would largely suggest "not really". Steele has been good at shutting down bigger body mids in the past (ie Cripps) but he's a jet in his own right these days so I don't think he'd go to him directly. Not sure Brouch has the defensive nous to tag - the one that looks likely is maybe Seb Ross?
Can Ross defend? Surely, Dusty will drag him fwd and the Tigers will use this match up to their advantage

Have Bergman already thankfully (if he plays).

Do you not think Lobb could come in for Meek? Hasn't set the world on fire, and I daresay Darcy ruck + Treacy forward with Lobb pinch hitting is better than Meek ruck + Darcy forward.

Seems a bit promising for his short term security.

I doubt freo want .
Tracy.
Tabs.
LOBB.
All in the same team.
Plus Fyfe goes forward .

Go with ya gut.
Advice is free .

I honestly reckon Highmore is a dead rookie. He was marginally ahead of Carlisle, but Carlisle has wrestled back his spot and is superior. To push Highmore even further back is that Frawley is returning via the VFL this week and he was ahead of Carlisle and Highmore before he got injured. To add even more, Saints have been selecting Joyce, a tall defender as an emergency the past couple weeks ahead of Highmore... so Highmore could honestly be 3rd in line for a position...

I honestly reckon Highmore is a dead rookie. He was marginally ahead of Carlisle, but Carlisle has wrestled back his spot and is superior. To push Highmore even further back is that Frawley is returning via the VFL this week and he was ahead of Carlisle and Highmore before he got injured. To add even more, Saints have been selecting Joyce, a tall defender as an emergency the past couple weeks ahead of Highmore... so Highmore could honestly be 3rd in line for a position...

Plus they dropped Long .
Who prob a head of him.
Even tho I think long a dead set spud ( my thoughts ).
Greay to come back at same stage .

Pity Highmore could give us one or two priced raises...grrrrr

Whilst I strongly disagree with the suggestion that I do it better, I really did have a lot of fun with those couple of preview threads I wrote up a couple of seasons back. Full time work and the footy frenzy that was last year cut my time down significantly in terms of this sort of stuff and even the short turnarounds between rounds to start this year off has left me time poor but given we're going back to Fri-Sun basically as of next week I'd be more than happy to chip in with a few attempts at humour - I will say the only thing I probably do better than you is melt :tearsofjoy:

WaynesWorld19 if you'd like me to do a couple and the board are happy - let me know :moustache:
Absolutely, this board is for everyone's contributions :)....and for everyones enjoyment

Can Ross defend? Surely, Dusty will drag him fwd and the Tigers will use this match up to their advantage
Yeah I don't feel like Ross would follow him deep forward - maybe Wilkie takes him when he's resting assuming Lynch and Riewoldt are taken by Howard + whichever of Carlisle/Battle plays down back. Tiges would definitely aim to isolate him although I rate Wilkie

ED; Ninja'd by Phoenix_9

Ralphsmith named as an Emergency. That's the way, make him the Injury Sub and ruin his Cash Gen right from the very start. :rolleyes:

I suspect we'll use Ross again rather than make Ralphsmith or Rioli a sub for their debut.

But then again, I thought Ralphsmith was a near certainty this week (though I can understand giving Mansell a 2nd bite), so my track record is blemished this week. :blush:

Good to see Rioli as an emg putting Aarts on notice, I had him pencilled in for a Dreamtime debut. :thumbsu:

Who's the OP?

I was reading about injuries but didn't see Hurn mentioned so I hit ignore and now I can't find anything
I made special mention of injured players that were SC relevant .....who's this Hurn bloke you allude to ?

Last edited:
Thing of beauty, Wayno, outstanding work. :hearteyes:
Reckon it's past time I passed the baton on, anyway, there are others out there like yourself and Loose at HB who do it better and it stops things going stale.
Many hands make light work.
Happy going out with the trade thread write-up for big Roughy this week (hope poor old Mateyman isn't lost to us - that's why I chucked in the TLDR bit :tearsofjoy:).
View attachment 1102591
I'll do one. Not this week though.

Prepare your anoos Kents :moustache:

HODL

You boys are too up and down and you have horrid luck with injuries, I reckon Highmore gets a game soon. Really hard to see the Tigers losing 3 games in a row, I can see a big Tigers win coming up.

It's inevitable Carlisle and Frawley will get injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll do one. Not this week though.

Prepare your anoos Kents :moustache:
My God .....the censors will be crawling all over this one .....might have to give the thread a "R" rating

I maide special mention of injured players that were SC relevant .....who's this Hurn bloke you allude to ?
Feck me. Do we have to play the rank game again mate*

*Not sure if I have this ghost poster covered.

shouldnt they be in the kitchen where they belong ?

Statler and Waldorf1.gif

3 Girls in my family .....none can cook, or are really interested ...the boys though are the kitchen wiz's and love cooking

Move with the times ......stereotypes of yesteryear don't exist

HODL

You boys are too up and down and you have horrid luck with injuries, I reckon Highmore gets a game soon. Really hard to see the Tigers losing 3 games in a row, I can see a big Tigers win coming up.

His best chance is Coffield continues to be out form and gets dropped.

Lol ban. Stupid phone
Oh ....you want a moratorium on bans for 24 hours .....that sounds a reasonably request

tenor.gif

HODL

Saw some vision tonight of Saints players just having a bit of an easy session, coming in to tomorrow night with a 5 day turn around. Didn't look good I must say. Maybe I was fixated too much on Hill who looked very proppy, but any team facing the Tigers off a 5 day break is gonna do it tough. Tigers by 10 goals. Hopefully no injuries for either team

View attachment 1102686

3 Girls in my family .....none can cook, or are really interested ...the boys though are the kitchen wiz's and love cooking

Move with the times ......stereotypes of yesteryear don't exist
Unfortunately!
Im married to a beautiful Thai lady who hates cooking. What are the odds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back