Game Day ROUND 5: MELBOURNE v WEST COAST SUN 8th MARCH 12.10WST @ CASEY FIELDS

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to the day when this...

The Eagles will be without dogged defender Chantella Perera, who will miss the contest at Casey Fields due to work commitments.

is no longer an issue.....

Caulfied is a good inclusion but I cannot say she is like for like for Perera (massive loss HoneyBadger35 ) She is 7 cms shorter and IIRC she was a forward for Freo? Perhaps they will look to swing Emily McGuire back or even Bea Devlyn (shudders at the thought)

As I said in the podcast- I do hope last weeks win has given them some belief and they come out fired up for this game v a very good Dees outfit.

Cant wait to see how they back it up!!

Go Eagles!

1583393779316.png

I look forward to the day when this...

is no longer an issue.....

Caulfied is a good inclusion but I cannot say she is like for like for Perera (massive loss HoneyBadger35 ) She is 7 cms shorter and IIRC she was a forward for Freo? Perhaps they will look to swing Emily McGuire back or even Bea Devlyn (shudders at the thought)

As I said in the podcast- I do hope last weeks win has given them some belief and they come out fired up for this game v a very good Dees outfit.

Cant wait to see how they back it up!!

Go Eagles!

View attachment 834179
Carter to the backline?

Missing a game due to work commitments is an indictment on where the league is at right now. It’s not Perera’s fault, I’m sure she’d be moving heaven and earth to play if she could. The league refused to lengthen the season this year, so you think they could come up with eight weeks of financial cover to ensure players don’t need to miss games due to work.

On to the game, it’d be great to get this win but Melbourne are a fairly tidy outfit. More prolonged periods of ball use and continued improvement (especially the Irish girls and the kids) will be just fine. Take it up to them ladies.

I've always felt a sense of awe watching Daisy play, because no matter what you know she will manage to find a way to get involved and shape the game. But now we have our own team coming up against her, that awe is expressing itself as dread... :grimacing:

Would be nice to sit Bowen on her when she gets to stoppages. Bowen would learn a lot about how the best go about it, and has the defensive nous to curtail Daisey's influence a little.

Going to be a big test for the gals this afternoon.
Melbourne are a very competent side and have been playing some good football of late.

Perra is a massive out for us, as she has IMO been our most consistent defender and also our best rebounding defender.

That said it will be interesting to see if some of the structures and running patters hold up against a better team.

For me if the structures are more like last week rather than the previous games, then that will be a real plus and a step forward.
Looking to see how we play the game and that, for me, will be more telling for me than the scoreboard at games end.

Like bUCKET__ 's idea of playing Bowen on Daisy agree it would be a marvellous learning experience for her.

Ali the best to the gals. 🍀 :thumbsu:

Fly East and its time to hunt.

download.jpg

images-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back