FB Saad Hooker Ambrose
HB Redman Hurley Mckenna
C Merrett Heppell Zaharakis
HF Smith Daniher Fantasia
FF Tippa Brown Package
FOLL Clarke Shiel Parish
INT Bags McGrath Myers Guelfi

Ridley and Tbell injured/rested

Big part of North’s win against the Crows was Goldstein’s dominance over young Crows ruck. Neutralise his influence and go a long way to beating them. Hooker will play on Brown. Francis will miss again unless Ridley is injured

Is Brad Scott the most unlikeable person in football?
So in his answer to try and defend the amazingly obvious flopping of Brown (an action which he would have derided as a player mind you) he actually came out and said it was a formulated plan to get free kicks in the ruck. So Brown is basically encouraged to act the fool.

So in his answer to try and defend the amazingly obvious flopping of Brown (an action which he would have derided as a player mind you) he actually came out and said it was a formulated plan to get free kicks in the ruck. So Brown is basically encouraged to act the fool.

Are you saying Sideshow Bob 'FLIP FLOPS??'

Then told BJ to not do his job properly and stop pointing out players s**t diving antics.

Classic Brad, always somone elses fault

Highly doubt Bellchambers plays 2 games in 7 days, considering the way he has been moving. I expect him to be rested for this game either for Daniher or Draper will get a run.

A few things. I watched the roos/crows game. The crows were worse than us in round 1 and they only just got done. We are a better team than the roos and should expect to win. But that can be our undoing. I reckon last years game could have gone either way and maybe it's the same here.

As far as the ruck goes, I think whatever we go with we will lose in this area. Stefan Martin was the better ruck last week but obviously it wasn't a factor in the result so let's try for that again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few things. I watched the roos/crows game. The crows were worse than us in round 1 and they only just got done. We are a better team than the roos and should expect to win. But that can be our undoing. I reckon last years game could have gone either way and maybe it's the same here.

As far as the ruck goes, I think whatever we go with we will lose in this area. Stefan Martin was the better ruck last week but obviously it wasn't a factor in the result so let's try for that again.
This is the game that will let us know if we have matured and are becoming the team we want to become.

We all know North lift to another level against us due to something that happened 300 years ago, but if we want to start to be taken seriously and considered a threat then this match should be easily accounted for. Other than Goldstein we are better in every part of the ground.

Daniher is fit and its a big call this week whether to bring him in. The issue is if he plays limited minutes in the VFL then Anzac Day, there's a 5 day turnaround for him to get fit so its less than if he plays Good Friday in the seniors. However I worry about a full AFL game for him then backing up onto Anzac Day again off a 6 day break. Could be a scenario like Hooker's where he could be given an extra week of training and then comes back Anzac Day, therefore he doesn't have to worry about short breaks. Reckon we can beat North easily without him and Collingwood is the worry so that game should be prioritised

So a 29 year old journey man has a good game and all of a sudden he's an automatic selection. At some stage, against the better sides we are going to need someone to take some contested marks.

In the past 2 weeks he's probably scored 1 of his goals via a mark. Serious imbalance for a big man only average at ground level. Doesn't have enough weapons to trouble the better sides.

If our good players are not injured they play.

His 'weapon' is he runs 15km a game. On big ovals like the G he runs his opponent in to the ground. It's not always apparent on the tv, but as games wear on he finds more and more space on his leads. Yes, we need contested marks in the forward line, and that's where Joey/Smack/Stringer/Resting ruck come into it. Our best forward combo is Daniher, Stringer, Brown, Fantasia, Walla, Baguley/Begley/resting mids.
What must happen when Joey returns is we continue to 'lower the eyes' and hit up leads in the f50 and not just kick it to Joe even when he has 3 blokes hanging off him. We have done this too much in the past and we play so much better when we don't do it. Brown is important because of his work rate and forward leading patterns, as well as his leads up past the wing to give the defenders an outlet.

His 'weapon' is he runs 15km a game. On big ovals like the G he runs his opponent in to the ground. It's not always apparent on the tv, but as games wear on he finds more and more space on his leads. Yes, we need contested marks in the forward line, and that's where Joey/Smack/Stringer/Resting ruck come into it. Our best forward combo is Daniher, Stringer, Brown, Fantasia, Walla, Baguley/Begley/resting mids.
What must happen when Joey returns is we continue to 'lower the eyes' and hit up leads in the f50 and not just kick it to Joe even when he has 3 blokes hanging off him. We have done this too much in the past and we play so much better when we don't do it. Brown is important because of his work rate and forward leading patterns, as well as his leads up past the wing to give the defenders an outlet.

shhhhh don't use facts, itll upset the haters... dontya know you have to have all the starz out there every single week? there are no roles, just pack the stars in there, wedge them in on every line

its not about wins, its about getting more starz out there

North will try and play this game on their own terms and turn this into a slog/contested game. Marvel stadiums shape will help them close down the space we were able to exploit at the MCG.

I imagine they will condense the field like they did against Adelaide and minimise the amount of ball that reaches the outside.

Provided we stay in the game until half time, i expect we will be able to run away with it as the second half rolls on and their lack of runners other than Hall, Higgins and Polec catch up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back