Preview Round 5: Port Adelaide vs Carlton, Adelaide Oval, 21/04/17

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Remember when Sam Gray finished 2015 with a string of very good games in the midfield Ken was asked in a presser what he thought of Sam & he said something along the lines of "I've learn't playing him in his best position works" and yet here we are with him back as a failing small forward.

I agree with someone who posted earlier in the week if he's not good enough to crack our midfield then too bad it's back to the Sanfl.

*lock him in for a blinder lel

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sam Grays been fine playing the most difficult role in the comp. Small forward tall forward with PAFC slingshit delivery. If he kicked that goal v Adelaide there wouldn't be a problem.

No point writing him or Impey off till we see them under a real coach. On paper they are very handy as the last 2 players picked in the best 22.

How long can Houston hold his spot for?
Is he one bad game away from being dropped?
It's possible that in 2 weeks time when Hombsch comes back that he could drop down. But he's been pretty good for us so it would be stiff to drop him.

Feeling was that once Pittard returned, he'd be gone. Obviously that wasn't the case, so was wondering if he was warming anyone else's spot. Bringing him in in Fantasy this week...
I think Byrne-Jones might be more of a chance to get dropped if the backline was fully fit.

Muunky Tuunk Man

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAMFC, 36ers
Yeah but we hadn't won at the SCG since Kojak had hair, so I can't see why we can't put another hoodoo to bed. Given the relatively light winds and mostly fine conditions predicted, I'll be bitterly disappointed if we lose this one!!!

Don't get me wrong I'd love to smash them but I don't like the "certainty" tag that others have given us. I will be ropeable if we lose.

GreyPower

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2014
PAFC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Houston dont have no problem!

But seriously I couldnt give 2 shits about Fantasy Footy crap..in any case Im fairly sure theres a designated thread for that nonsense.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Actually have asked a SA sports journo over the past weeks and even he has admitted that it was "tough to say" how long he'd remain. Regardless, the longer he stays the better for me, and apparently your team:)

See yous later tonight.
Lol - SA sports journalist. Random homeless person rifling through a bin for cigarette buts would have more of a clue

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Houston. (2017 averages)
1st in rebound 50s per game. (4.5)
1st in marks per game (7.5)
3rd in kicks per game. (13)
4th in intercepts per game (5.3)
6th in disposal efficiency per game. (80.3)
8th in metres gained (299.8)
= last in clangers per game. (1)
= last for frees against (0)

I think he's pretty safe.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
How long can Houston hold his spot for?
Is he one bad game away from being dropped?
Questionable. Someone is going to have to go out for Hombsch in a week or two and at the moment it's likely that player will be either DBJ or Houston. So he'll need to keep performing.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to smash them but I don't like the "certainty" tag that others have given us. I will be ropeable if we lose.
Mate I'm a firm believer in the old adage about respecting the opposition. But with all due respect to Carlton, we'll face FAR sterner tests this season. If we lose this game, it'll prove to the football world that Port doesn't deserve to play finals footy in 2017. Losing is not an option!!!

beej12

Senior List
Feb 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Good Luck tonight guys,
Have no doubt you will win tonight just a matter of by how much?

From my point of view i'll be pleased if we can get within 7-8 goals as i think there are a lot of signs that point to a blow out.

What are your expectations of tonight? What margin of a win would you be "disappointed" with?

Good Luck tonight guys,

From my point of view i'll be pleased if we can get within 7-8 goals as i think there are a lot of signs that point to a blow out.

What are your expectations of tonight? What margin of a win would you be "disappointed" with?
I'd be happy with just a win but if we are serious about playing finals then it needs to be by at least 10 goals.

We rarely put our foot in the other teams throat when we are ahead by a bit. Most times we put our foot off the pedal and the other side scores late goals.

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Questionable. Someone is going to have to go out for Hombsch in a week or two and at the moment it's likely that player will be either DBJ or Houston. So he'll need to keep performing.

Its a good problem to have, they will all be on their toes

beej12

Senior List
Feb 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd be happy with just a win but if we are serious about playing finals then it needs to be by at least 10 goals.

We rarely put our foot in the other teams throat when we are ahead by a bit. Most times we put our foot off the pedal and the other side scores late goals.

Completely agree! If you guys want to really be taken seriously then you're right you need to be beating us by an absolute minimum of 10 goals

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
Feeling was that once Pittard returned, he'd be gone. Obviously that wasn't the case, so was wondering if he was warming anyone else's spot. Bringing him in in Fantasy this week...
I'd push broady or hammer up the ground to Amons spot and keep Houston where he is. Looks a gem.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Good Luck tonight guys,

80+ = happy
60- = unhappy

Back