Preview Round 5 Port vs Carlton @ MCG 6.55pm Sat 17/4/21

Can’t wait for the salty Carlton fans to boo Robbie Gray 😂😂
Hopefully he doesn't handball the ball through for a point in the dying seconds this week - with the crowd baying for blood, I doubt the decision will be the same as last Friday night.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Had to chuckle at this pic from training today. Body perfect vs Dad bod.

Now which one is the elite AFL player? :think:

Really.JPG

Gold Rozee

Senior List
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we are true premiership contenders this year this will be a walk in the park. No offence intended but our team is so much better on paper than the blues. Richmond form is looking real good after tonight’s game.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we are true premiership contenders this year this will be a walk in the park. No offence intended but our team is so much better on paper than the blues. Richmond form is looking real good after tonight’s game.
Absolutely. We are heaps better than them, and should win this easily .... on paper! Thats what I thought prior to the West Coast game too, and still do. But the team has to come to play. If they relax against Carlton, esp after last weeks's game, anything can happen.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not many games are won on paper unfortunately.
For mine Bergman for Xman is a must give him a go on the wing.
Woodcock for butters
Possibly Marshall for lahdams.
Obviously if Cluery doesn't come up McKenzie I would make that change anyway if we didn't have so many outs.
Hopefully Raz and Connor come up otherwise might need to shuffle the team around abit and any of Mayes . Farrell. Leinart or mead to come in.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I'd like to see that early season and preseason form come back, where we looked like we would absolutely be in the top tier of teams this year, and dominating in games like these.

But realistically I just want a win. Get through this game with the W and it'd be a good result. The tough fixture we face in coming weeks means we can't afford a blip.

Imhotep

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Absolutely. We are heaps better than them, and should win this easily .... on paper! Thats what I thought prior to the West Coast game too, and still do. But the team has to come to play. If they relax against Carlton, esp after last weeks's game, anything can happen.
Nah West Coast are a top tier team especially at home, it was always a danger game they match up on us extremely well. They beat us for quality down back and match us up forward and let's not forget Nic Natainui, beating them at home is the hardest task in footy.

Beating Carlton on the other hand shouldn't be anywhere near as daunting, Pittonet is out of form, Cripps is the walking dead, the shadow of Eddie Betts is their best small forward and the only shots they've fired all year are against cripples Freo and gc.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah West Coast are a top tier team especially at home, it was always a danger game they match up on us extremely well. They beat us for quality down back and match us up forward and let's not forget Nic Natainui, beating them at home is the hardest task in footy.

Beating Carlton on the other hand shouldn't be anywhere near as daunting, Pittonet is out of form, Cripps is the walking dead, the shadow of Eddie Betts is their best small forward and the only shots they've fired all year are against cripples Freo and gc.
You just know Betts will kick minimum 4 on us though if not him , some other spud.
Get the spuds that tear us apart thread ready.

Yeah but the way we've been kicking for goal, there's no such thing as a lay down misere.

Gold Rozee

Senior List
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
West coast and Carlton are miles apart. Expect west coast to be around mark pointy end of season and very hard to beat on home deck. Just can’t see Carlton even making finals.

Back