Preview Round 5 - Richmond vs eeny, meeny, miny, Melbourne: Channel 7, Sunday July 5, 3:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolton dropped? Get stuffed. If any small was going to be dropped, it should have been Castagna. Bolton has been our most composed ball user in the front half all season and every time he has had the ball has created something. Disgraceful decision!

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Bolton is probably second in our Coleman medal race. I’m really not happy with that selection. Do they want to dry up our scoring further or something?

I feel like he’s held to a higher standard than our other small forwards. He’s our best small forward and honestly one of my favourites because he works so hard whenever he’s dropped to get back in our team unlike some others.

Bolton is probably second in our Coleman medal race. I’m really not happy with that selection.

I feel like he’s held to a higher standard than our other small forwards. He’s our best small forward

Is so dangerous through the niddle with his feints and sidesteps.

Castagna: 9 disposals, 1 mark, 1 goal, 2 tackles. Stays.

Bolton: 10 disposals, 3 marks, 2 goals, 4 tackles. Dropped.

There's got to be more to this... Bolton has been close to our best player this year. Rioli, on the other hand, hasn't impacted a game for years.

Yep. Bolton and Vlastuin should be top w for the JDM at this point. Clearly our best 2 players so far this year.

docko911

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Got no problem with Castagna or Bolton. Both have worked hard in a dysfunctional forward line that has been getting very poor service. This week should have been better with an extra tall to bring the ball to ground BUT no instead we are going to play a man short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
As far as our forwards are going, I thought Bolton had been better than any of Castagna, Higgins, Rioli, Lambert. Maybe not Edwards.
He is still at that stage of his career where he will be a bit inconsistent.
I can only assume that with Chol in as a third tall they are backing Rioli and Aarts to apply the pressure needed for the structure better than Bolton.

OhhDeledio

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely bolton broke a team rule during the week or some sh*t?

No way he deserved to he dropped
has to be. maybe the club dont like releasing stuff like that like last year when we were coming up against geelong, astbury got injured, no rance then we dropped broad aswell for apparently being on the piss during the week

Compare the pair

Screenshot_20200703-172147_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200703-171540_Chrome.jpg

If you must play Rioli, you drop Castagna, not Bolton.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200703-171612_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200703-171612_Chrome.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back