Preview Round 5 - Richmond vs eeny, meeny, miny, Melbourne: Channel 7, Sunday July 5, 3:35 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously good preview
If chol doesnt play there’s something wrong, kicked 5 in the scratch and gives us another legit ruck option

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
What position has Balta been playing in the ressies?

I suspect Garth will come in as most like-for-like

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Kane Lambert's 100th game if he plays.

1593515587356.png

Rasha

2017🏆 2019🏆 2020🏆
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Having Rance right now would be massive. He was a juggernaught when we were a middle of the ladder team, compensated for us when the team was playing avg.

Rance is the GOAT defender.
No team can cover a loss that big no matter how good the team is.
We're feeling the impact of his loss to the team now more than ever.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Put Balta in for Arse and leave him there for the next 5 weeks. Time to turn him into the Rance heir he was destined to be
Balta for Dave for 5 games sounds like a perfect test run. And bring in Naish for Caddy at least. Lambert needs a break too. Maybe Dow?

What position has Balta been playing in the ressies?

I suspect Garth will come in as most like-for-like

Balta has been playing KPD. Both he and Garthy are smaller than Dave. We rarely do well without Dave, but if there was a good week for him to go down, this is it. Tom McDonald was the only KPF playing for Melbourne last week.

I really don't mind which comes in, as long as they get a solid 4 to 5 week block of games.

Pretty important, Astbury. He missed 4 games last year, all loses.

Rnd 7 vs Dogs – Naughton, 5 goals, 3 Brownlow votes, 9 contested marks
Rnd 11 vs Norf – Ben Brown, 5 goals, 2 Brownlow votes
Rnd 12 vs Cats – Hawkins, 4 goals
Rnd 13 vs Crows – Jenkins, 4 goals (FFS, Jenkins!)

We'll need the midfield on top to stop the pressure on the backline.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Balta has been playing KPD. Both he and Garthy are smaller than Dave. We rarely do well without Dave, but if there was a good week for him to go down, this is it. Tom McDonald was the only KPF playing for Melbourne last week.

I really don't mind which comes in, as long as they get a solid 4 to 5 week block of games.
Balta is the same size.

I'd say dees will bring in either Weideman or that spud from Essendon this week to try take advantage. It'd be nice if they played Preuss again :cool:

I think we have to bring in Garth and Balta. Especially if we continue to use Broad up the ground. Our medium defenders all do pretty well on the taller types but with no real big defender we need some height down there

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
Pretty important, Astbury. He missed 4 games last year, all loses.

Rnd 7 vs Dogs – Naughton, 5 goals, 3 Brownlow votes, 9 contested marks
Rnd 11 vs Norf – Ben Brown, 5 goals, 2 Brownlow votes
Rnd 12 vs Cats – Hawkins, 4 goals
Rnd 13 vs Crows – Jenkins, 4 goals (FFS, Jenkins!)

We'll need the midfield on top to stop the pressure on the backline.

That one is burnt in my mind, Garth getting outmarked comfortably by JJ. Hopefully the lad has improved they say he's been doing well in the scratch matches. But that Crows game was awful.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
That one is burnt in my mind, Garth getting outmarked comfortably by JJ. Hopefully the lad has improved they say he's been doing well in the scratch matches. But that Crows game was awful.

Don’t forget Garth was coming off a very poor preparation there and was only playing due to necessity. At the same time you expect natural improvement at this stage of his career, one year to the next. Not sure he has the size to be suited to Astbury’s role though and Balta may be used instead. If that is the case hopefully Balta has improved on his positioning.

sportshow

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Balta's ability to play Astbury's roll in defense and also pinch hit in ruck will see him picked over Garth IMO.

Footspeed required so think both Dow and Aarts (what happened with his suspension?) will be looked at, Caddy (speed), Castagna (missing), Lambert (can't believe i said that/missing/rested) could be in gun.

Wouldn't be against looking at Naish either.

If we are to hang about this year this game is a must ....

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Would augment the defence.
Like Balta across half back.
Would like Aarts to rough up Brayshaw.
Even give RCD a role too.
Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
Team is jaded at the moment, everyone is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back