U18 Champs Round 5 - SA vs Allies

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the spuddiest allies team of all time.

Yet knocked over Vic Metro a game ago :drunk:

I'd imagine it must be like trying to manage West Indian cricket encountering all the parochial bitterness from those regions whose "boys" didn't make the cut. Those Swans academy hangers on haven't been round lately.

Good game for SA's big names...

LEADING DISPOSALS – SA: Stephens 33, Schoenberg 27, Gould, McNeil 25, Pickett 22, Mead, Taheny, Shute 21, Day 20.

GOALS – SA: Burrows 2, Morris, Mead, Pickett, Taheny, Durdin, Schoenberg, Hilder.

And Schoenberg got the MVP nod.

Good game for SA's big names...

LEADING DISPOSALS – SA: Stephens 33, Schoenberg 27, Gould, McNeil 25, Pickett 22, Mead, Taheny, Shute 21, Day 20.

GOALS – SA: Burrows 2, Morris, Mead, Pickett, Taheny, Durdin, Schoenberg, Hilder.

And Schoenberg got the MVP nod.

Chris, is Taheny injured enough to affect him today?. He looked hobbled and they mentioned a knee which was heavily strapped. He looked every bit a better than average AFL talent. Really nice size. Good intent and knowledge and really dangerous skills.

Like him.

To my eye, Taheny, Schoenburg and Pickett look good AFL types.

It was always too easy to hinder the Allies. SA had someone on Green all game (stoppages & around the ground)
If you limited him they lost. No one else stood up in the middle.
I didn’t think you could tag at U/18 level...?

Chris, is Taheny injured enough to affect him today?. He looked hobbled and they mentioned a knee which was heavily strapped. He looked every bit a better than average AFL talent. Really nice size. Good intent and knowledge and really dangerous skills.

Like him.

To my eye, Taheny, Schoenburg and Pickett look good AFL types.

I haven’t watched the game yet, but yeah Taheny isn’t at full fitness. Knee strapped heavily and has had a corkie lingering. Super talent though.

Great to see some of the better SA names stand up in the last game. Gould a beast again, the man is such a specimen and has a command about him that will allow him to go a long way in the AFL.

Schoenberg ultra consistent, well deserved MVP

Stephens pulled his best game out which was great to see but unsure if it will be enough to get him into the AA side

Pickett was due for that as well

Taheny very hampered but nice to see he won some ball

Schoenberg and Gould locks for AA side with Mead, Stephens, Day in the discussions.

Absolutely enormous fan of Will Day, he will be a star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back