Preview Round 5, 2018: St.Kilda v GWS - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 21st April, 1:45PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watters had every single person at the club off side and was rightly sacked. Brereton may have been the only person in Victoria on side. Love to know how you word something in round 4 that a coach is on notice. Talk about front page media news.
The senior players said if he’s there next year, we aren’t. About 7 of them were being dead serious about walking out of the club if he was still there.

Longer was clearly carrying an injury over the first 2 weeks. He didnt perform to a good standard, had a week off and recovered, then played well in the VFL. His performance at the back end of 2017 would suggest he is a AFL ruckman and showed he was improving his game weekly.

Yes, we did win the clearances this week. Great observation.

Well that seemed to be what people held their hat on with longer. By the way if you play you are fit. Hickey deserves to hold his spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an idea..how about we out number the opposition in the forward line when going forward then we out number them in the backline when going back..build a game plan around that.

Agreed. Fingers crossed he can turn things around, no one likes seeing a coach sacked.

He really needs to start owning his mistakes though, it’s going to be a long couple of years if he just continues to blame the players for our performances.
I remember when Port were struggling and Hinkley kept having to provide answers every week. He said in the end he thought he was over-coaching them. Maybe thats whats happening at our club. It would explain alot seeing as it looks like gameplan problems more than players.

Flying over for this game - first one I've seen live in years!

Same for me mate. Im flying back after a decade overseas. Looking forward to getting to as many games as i can. I've sat through(and survived) some cold dark days at moorabin and waverly park. Good preparation for what lies ahead. :wink:

Out: newnes lonie Roberton savage Marshall (inj)

In: Clark weller rice Webster membrey

B: geary Brown Webster
Hb: coffield Carlisle white
C: Clark dunstan Sinclair
Hf: Billings membrey weller
F: Gresham McCartin long
Foll: hickey acres Steven
Int: rice gilbert Ross Steele

I actually think we can beat the Giants this week
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: newnes lonie Roberton savage Marshall (inj)

In: Clark weller rice Webster membrey

B: geary Brown Webster
Hb: coffield Carlisle white
C: Clark dunstan Sinclair
Hf: Billings membrey weller
F: Gresham McCartin long
Foll: hickey acres Steven
Int: rice gilbert Ross Steele
Why in hell Rice? WTF has he done to be included?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought I had been transported back to 07-11 this was always said about Ross.

Don't need a boycott.

What we need is the club to come out and do 1 of 3 things.

1. Put Richo on notice.
2. Back Richo in
3. Full review of coaching team.

Regardless of what people think. We need to the club to spell out the expectations for the rest of the season.

I reckon we have a lack of a brand. The Roos have that Shin boner crap, the Swans have their bloods culture etc. It's a set of expectations that are simple and can be thought of quickly to refocus ourselves and the kids know that they must play to to stay in the seniors. Our last few years we played serious team footy with a focus on 100% effort to overcome the list being on the poorer side. We need to get some old boys in to state the expectations and draw them up. "Saints footy" is just too vague.

Some numbers in the VFL on the weekend from some boys looking for a recall;

David Armitage 34 disposals (22 contested), 9 clearances and 7 tackles
Mav Weller 25 disposals, 5 tackles and a goal
Billy Longer 53 hit-outs

Some food for thought...could be three that come in.

Longer hasn't earned a recall yet, his 2018 footy has been on the more terrible side of awful.

He was clearly the best player for the seconds. If our aim is to win then how is it going backwards to bring in Armo? We need good players right now.

It is if he goes into the midfield and a younger player has to play elsewhere that they aren’t really suited too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 hitouts from Longer doesn't excite me at all. Until he gets his possessions up wouldn't even consider him for the team.
Absolutely, 53 hitouts big whoop how many of those are to advantage? If his presence around the ground is basically non-existent he's no good to us, it's pretty clear that your ruckman these days has to have an impact after the center bounce or stoppage, Marshall showed more in one quarter of footy around the ground vs the Crows than Longer has in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back