Game Day Round 5 St Kilda V Sydney Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god we won that, s**t opponents,s**t grounds, s**t handballs, but we beat the scum. That game should be cased aside and we move on, because if we play like that we'll finish 9th

Spot on Bedford.
Everything about this whole game was crap. That it was taken from us Vic based supporters for one less game to see live. That is was played in a sh.t hole that was so damp, coming off a 6 day break our ball handling was always destined to be suspect.
Thank god we got away with a win because I had that down as a danger game against a team that got us last year when we weren't in terrific form. I would have been happy to win by a point.

How was McGlynn not paid around the neck right in front of goal summed up the whole night for me. He would have kicked that & we were away with a big win. Poor kicking for goal (3 posters) just gave the pricks a sniff & then Watters tries to deflect things towards our "interesting tactics".

On a hiding to nothing we were. I say grab the 4 points & run. At least our defensive style made a reappearance again.
Geelong's 1st Q score last week would have beaten the Saints. I don't like us the way we played in the first Q against Geelong.

Bring back the boring defensive crap that all the other teams hate! Attack then starts from there. Refer to 2013 finals series!

Spot on Bedford.
Everything about this whole game was crap. That it was taken from us Vic based supporters for one less game to see live. That is was played in a sh.t hole that was so damp, coming off a 6 day break our ball handling was always destined to be suspect.
Thank god we got away with a win because I had that down as a danger game against a team that got us last year when we weren't in terrific form. I would have been happy to win by a point.

How was McGlynn not paid around the neck right in front of goal summed up the whole night for me. He would have kicked that & we were away with a big win. Poor kicking for goal (3 posters) just gave the pricks a sniff & then Watters tries to deflect things towards our "interesting tactics".

On a hiding to nothing we were. I say grab the 4 points & run. At least our defensive style made a reappearance again.
Geelong's 1st Q score last week would have beaten the Saints. I don't like us the way we played in the first Q against Geelong.

Bring back the boring defensive crap that all the other teams hate! Attack then starts from there. Refer to 2013 finals series!
Jumping the gun a bit aren't ya?;)

Had a look at the Trade Targets thread on the Aints board today.

A couple reckon that they can give us Simpkin (noit in their best 22) for Luke Parker!!

So deluded ovber there I thought I'd stumbled on to the North board by accident!! :D

Give us simpkin? sounds like a disease.

St Kilda are there to breed forwards for us and take our left over rubbish, occasionally we chuck them a dempster thats it

Give us simpkin? sounds like a disease.

St Kilda are there to breed forwards for us and take our left over rubbish, occasionally we chuck them a dempster thats it

After the last forward they gave us I think we've moved on to Adelaide.

Im surprised no one has brought this up yet and I was half expecting its own thread here or on the mainboard..

Both clubs running through the same banner, never seen it ever my whole life.. I understand what they were trying to achieve but youd think in showcasing our game they would try and keep it authentic as possible?

Im surprised no one has brought this up yet and I was half expecting its own thread here or on the mainboard..

Both clubs running through the same banner, never seen it ever my whole life.. I understand what they were trying to achieve but youd think in showcasing our game they would try and keep it authentic as possible?

Collingwood and essendon always do it anzac day

With all the griping about the venue, maybe we should dump the SCG and ANZ as well as they have been damp and slippery when it's rained too.

I am a proud kiwi, a proud Sydney based Swans fan who is happy to travel (and not judging those that can't/won't/don't) who had an excellent time in Wellington (and from the 1500 that went, it sounds like a majority also had a great time). Can we just move on from this game that is now over? If it upsets you this much, write to the club and AFL head office because whinging about it hear isn't going to change anything.

Yes the game wasn't the stunning spectacle it can be but that cannot be predicted by round, venue or club that frequently.

If this is the genesis of an NZ-based team then it has been well worth it, by the looks of things it's going I be different teams there next year.

May I also remind you that VIC based fans also get a lot of the blockbuster games too, Hawthorn, Collingwood are playing at the MCG in April which are going to be awesome games that I'll be coming down to because I want to and can be there. And don't forget you don't have to travel if Swans make the Grand Final :p

With all the griping about the venue, maybe we should dump the SCG and ANZ as well as they have been damp and slippery when it's rained too.

I am a proud kiwi, a proud Sydney based Swans fan who is happy to travel (and not judging those that can't/won't/don't) who had an excellent time in Wellington (and from the 1500 that went, it sounds like a majority also had a great time). Can we just move on from this game that is now over? If it upsets you this much, write to the club and AFL head office because whinging about it hear isn't going to change anything.

Yes the game wasn't the stunning spectacle it can be but that cannot be predicted by round, venue or club that frequently.

If this is the genesis of an NZ-based team then it has been well worth it, by the looks of things it's going I be different teams there next year.

May I also remind you that VIC based fans also get a lot of the blockbuster games too, Hawthorn, Collingwood are playing at the MCG in April which are going to be awesome games that I'll be coming down to because I want to and can be there. And don't forget you don't have to travel if Swans make the Grand Final :p

whats your point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats your point?

I ******* loved going to Wellington and sharing the game with kiwis and I'd happily do it again and I am so glad the AFL has whored the game out to NZ as someone so eloquently put it.

That's my point you troll, now build a bridge and get over the fact the game was played this week in NZ and look forward to Brisbane next week or the Hawthorn game the week after which you are very welcome to attend, but I pray to The Lord above that you are seated as far away from me as possible because your facetious attitude and the way you can't make a point without shitting on someone or putting them down is tiresome and very boring. Grow the * up and argue your points like a grown up instead of a schoolyard bully/prick.

And like I said earlier, it's about time you went and told someone who cared, gather up some signatures and present to the club because your sour attitude is really grating now.

If you have a problem with the venue, ask them to move the games to one of your liking.

I am sure you're the kind of member that votes or makes suggestions to the club. If not, think about doing it cos it is obviously very important to you.

Have I made my point clear, or would you like me to create a Venn diagram?

I ******* loved going to Wellington and sharing the game with kiwis and I'd happily do it again and I am so glad the AFL has whored the game out to NZ as someone so eloquently put it.

That's my point you troll, now build a bridge and get over the fact the game was played this week in NZ and look forward to Brisbane next week or the Hawthorn game the week after which you are very welcome to attend, but I pray to The Lord above that you are seated as far away from me as possible because your facetious attitude and the way you can't make a point without shitting on someone or putting them down is tiresome and very boring. Grow the **** up and argue your points like a grown up instead of a schoolyard bully/prick.

And like I said earlier, it's about time you went and told someone who cared, gather up some signatures and present to the club because your sour attitude is really grating now.

If you have a problem with the venue, ask them to move the games to one of your liking.

I am sure you're the kind of member that votes or makes suggestions to the club. If not, think about doing it cos it is obviously very important to you.

Have I made my point clear, or would you like me to create a Venn diagram?

both you and baja cull this one. This argument did not belong in this thread or any game day thread. We had already asked for this prior to the game so lets not see it now afterwards.

Move on.

both you and baja cull this one. This argument did not belong in this thread or any game day thread. We had already asked for this prior to the game so lets not see it now afterwards.

Move on.
I did move on that's why I asked sour puss what his point was then I got personally attacked for it? I wont pretend to like the Wellington concept from a fans point of view but I haven't attacked the poster and I have kept my comments in the appropriate thread. Not that I have a problem with him personally insulting me its water off a ducks back.
It would be nice to talk about the subject as its an important one for our club.

And so he should the pissweak prick. What a way to try and protect your own job by blaming others, which is essentially what he was doing. Blow me Watters you weak scab.
Couldn't agree more. Says a lot about the sort of character he's bringing to St Kilda. You reep what you sow.

Finally watched the replay. Didn't mind the scrappy contest, but I guess it's easier to watch when you know the result. It made the rare clean handballs and quick feet all the more impressive when they actually came off.

Swans seemed to be in control the whole game, just needed the polish to put it on the scoreboard. That will come in a couple of rounds I hope. (checks draw, yup Hawks up soon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back