Review Round 5: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Course not. I'm not bagging Tom, I wanted him in as much as anyone and I was glad to see him play so well. Except his kicking. It's atrocious, and at present is a liability. There's plenty of stuff he brings to the table, it's just a shame his kicking isn't one of them.

Well it isn't as if any midfielder of ours bar Issac Heeney can kick anyway. It is why I have said time and time again, we need blokes that can kick. Mitchell has deficiencies but I'd be dropping a few others before him.

Thing that impressed me late was how confident the dogs were

Led well by murphy

Stringer smart with clock use

They didnt give a toss who they were playing

If you were neutral you would be all over them like cherry cola

They absorbed about 10mins of pressure from us and hit back with a goal of their own and stopped us scoring in the last 5mins.

Very very impressive from a young side especially in the wet!

Well it isn't as if any midfielder of ours bar Issac Heeney can kick anyway. It is why I have said time and time again, we need blokes that can kick. Mitchell has deficiencies but I'd be dropping a few others before him.

Every one of our midfielders is a better kick than Mitchell. Hell, every single player on our team, Pyke included, is a better kick than Mitchell. I'd also be dropping a few others before him. Doesn't mean it's not a very big weakness, and one he has to address, one way or the other.

Bad luck today guys, you guys are still one of the benchmarks of this comp. Absolutely outstanding effort from both sides. Wish you all the very best for the year ahead.

I know why Mitchell doesn't get a lot of games in the firsts. He may get heaps of possessions but he isn't efficient.
Can't agree with this. Worked his butt off on the bottom of contests and was the only one that seemed to be able handball to a player in space.

3 mins to go in the 3rd, 5 points down - Rampe takes a mark in Back Pocket - total disrespect to kick across the face to 1 Swan with 3 Doggies around. Dumb decision. One of the many gambles that took all day that are living off past glories and not in the moment of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not throwing it all in about tonight. Despite the defensive fears creeping in.

Played s**t and didn't want it. Got out coached and continued a HORSE s**t reputation in the wet.

Kinda exciting. At least we might see Hewett and Jones.

Every one of our midfielders is a better kick than Mitchell. Hell, every single player on our team, Pyke included, is a better kick than Mitchell. I'd also be dropping a few others before him. Doesn't mean it's not a very big weakness, and one he has to address, one way or the other.

You must deplore Buddy, his kicking is atrocious at times.

Mitche'll kicking isn't great but the rest of them are no better than average at best, and that is generous. We better hope it doesn't rain again, the wet really shows how shocking our basic skills are. Honestly if it were me I'd be playing Hewett for one, don't care that he may only get it 20 times, he is known for his ball use. Jones is a better user of the ball than Shaw. Those changes straight away improve our efficiency.

Mitchell can be in and under the packs dishing handballs, he knows his limitations with his kicking.

I'm not throwing it all in about tonight. Despite the defensive fears creeping in.

Played s**t and didn't want it. Got out coached and continued a HORSE s**t reputation in the wet.

Kinda exciting. At least we might see Hewett and Jones.

I think you are vastly overrating Longmire's ability to change.

Mitche'll kicking isn't great but the rest of them are no better than average at best, and that is generous. We better hope it doesn't rain again, the wet really shows how shocking our basic skills are. Honestly if it were me I'd be playing Hewett for one, don't care that he may only get it 20 times, he is known for his ball use. Jones is a better user of the ball than Shaw. Those changes straight away improve our efficiency.

Mitchell can be in and under the packs dishing handballs, he knows his limitations with his kicking.

Yep, I'll take Hewitt over any of the overrated Cunningham or Towers...both muppets!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back