Unofficial Preview Round 5 Sydney v Gold Cost Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I knew injury status it would be easier to make a guess as to who to bring in but assuming full fitness Id go big changes.
Out:
1. Naismith (ACL)
2. Fox (dogged it early not laying a tackle and led to a goal, inexcusible cowardice)
3. Hayward (completely out of form producing less than Rohan did which was **** all)
4. Cunningham (staggering, lost for words, we have seen the absolute best of him, he isnt going to get any better and is a firm 22 clogger)
5. Blakey (just to get some confidence in the scratch matches, barely contributing at the moment).
6. Hewitt (dont need a pure tagger in a developing side, if not released to do an attacking role, drop that role from the side)
7. Ronke (needs to find form in scratch matches, provides great pressure but is in a big form slump)

In:
1. Gould (Adds toughness to defence, excellent line breaking kicks, has some pace off the mark)
2. Warner (Adds toughness to midfield and intense hunting pressure, would inspire others like Libba does for Dogs)
3. Stephens (Can kick the ball accurately, have Florent get the ball and handball it to him. He's a gut runner)
4. Brand (Is our FB, build defence around him)
5. Mccartin (Plays CHF leads and contests, Mclean is now FF)
6. Ling (Can kick and has pace)

Play Mills as an exclusive midfielder now, has plateaud for years, Longmire has ignored this far too long.

Play Florent as an exclusive inside midfield, no wing, he's the worst kick bar none in the AFL, make him Tom Mitchell 2.0.

Set up side like:
FB: Aliir Brand Gould
HB: Dawson Rampe Lloyd
C: Stephens Heeney Rowbottom
HF: Parker Mccartin Taylor
FF Papely Mclean Kennedy
R: Sinclair Warner Mills
Int: Ling, Florent, McInerney,

1 spot left for Buddy/Reid whenever either are fit to play a game. Till that happens give it to Blakey to come off the bench and rotate on the wing.
Drop Hewitt?!?!

Methinks you speak in jest sir.

I don't know who I'd like to see come in or if there needs to be mass changes or whatever. All I know is

OUT - HAYWARD AND BLAKEY.

(It's for their own good - 'dropped' is not a dirty word in a developing side!)
Hayward stays. He played OK in defence and was at elast a bit physical. Dump Aliir or make him ruck. He's not a defender's a-hole. Bring in Gould

May 10,000 of you cheer loud and proud
bloods 2020.jpg

Last edited:
If I knew injury status it would be easier to make a guess as to who to bring in but assuming full fitness Id go big changes.
Out:
1. Naismith (ACL)
2. Fox (dogged it early not laying a tackle and led to a goal, inexcusible cowardice)
3. Hayward (completely out of form producing less than Rohan did which was **** all)
4. Cunningham (staggering, lost for words, we have seen the absolute best of him, he isnt going to get any better and is a firm 22 clogger)
5. Blakey (just to get some confidence in the scratch matches, barely contributing at the moment).
6. Hewitt (dont need a pure tagger in a developing side, if not released to do an attacking role, drop that role from the side)
7. Ronke (needs to find form in scratch matches, provides great pressure but is in a big form slump)

In:
1. Gould (Adds toughness to defence, excellent line breaking kicks, has some pace off the mark)
2. Warner (Adds toughness to midfield and intense hunting pressure, would inspire others like Libba does for Dogs)
3. Stephens (Can kick the ball accurately, have Florent get the ball and handball it to him. He's a gut runner)
4. Brand (Is our FB, build defence around him)
5. Mccartin (Plays CHF leads and contests, Mclean is now FF)
6. Ling (Can kick and has pace)

Play Mills as an exclusive midfielder now, has plateaud for years, Longmire has ignored this far too long.

Play Florent as an exclusive inside midfield, no wing, he's the worst kick bar none in the AFL, make him Tom Mitchell 2.0.

Set up side like:
FB: Aliir Brand Gould
HB: Dawson Rampe Lloyd
C: Stephens Heeney Rowbottom
HF: Parker Mccartin Taylor
FF Papely Mclean Kennedy
R: Sinclair Warner Mills
Int: Ling, Florent, McInerney,

1 spot left for Buddy/Reid whenever either are fit to play a game. Till that happens give it to Blakey to come off the bench and rotate on the wing.
Totally agree putting Brand, Gould and Warner in and dropping Blakey.
Appreciate the passion and the inclusion of youth but....has Ling played more than 2 games of park footy in the last 3 years? Has there been any form this year? Mills and Warner in the midfield??
Did Stephens spud it up in his first ressies game? Any word on further games? If not hardly the form you want for a debut. Will take a year to acclimatize (no shame in that) if he makes it at all IMHO. Swans fan Serong to debut for Freo this weekend ITMT with coach saying it was impossible to leave him out :(

I'd def keep Hewett though and mix him up forward with Parker/JPK. Hewett is hard as nails and does a lot of hard work keeping us in games. Would probably play Warner as the tagger and give Hewett a chance to get the ball myself - see how it goes.

What has McCartin done up forward lately? I think KPD is his best spot right now though in time...
Someone mentioned our defending of smalls left a bit to be desired - agreed. COR back in.

Plenty of scope to mix up the team this year and look to the future...but we know Horse is in charge.

This team is tough, flexible and enough youth to develop too.

COR Brand/Mcartin Gould
Mills AA Rampe
Lloyd JPK McInerney
Gray Dawson Heeney
Papley McLean Ronke/Taylor
Foll: Sinkers, Parker, Florent

Bench: Warner, Haywood, Hewett, McCartin

Last edited:
Oh, really? You don't say...

You mean like a pandemic, or ongoing isolation, or the lack of being touched for those who are single and haven't had a hug in three bloody months... or perhaps its that the twos aren't playing and so the practice games aren't up to scratch, or maybe its the fact that every week we add someone to the injury list.
Or maybe it's because a large percentage of the staff that they knew and loved have been sacked... with no known date of return, if they every do...

I'm sure you're right... something is amiss!

ROFLMAO

The pandemic is only happening to the Swans who need a hug? Is that it apart from we are the only ones with injuries or something?

Glad you are sure I am right though. Appreciate the affirmation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if fans are allowed at Swans v WC on the Gold Coast?
IIRC Queensland games are allowed to be quarter full so yes. And the attendance of the Port/WC game was tiny so it should be easy to get tickets if you live up there (my condolences)

IIRC Queensland games are allowed to be quarter full so yes. And the attendance of the Port/WC game was tiny so it should be easy to get tickets if you live up there (my condolences)
Theres a gentle offshore breeze, clear skies, blue water, peeling waves which are being enjoyed by humans and dolphins alike.. Just south of the QLD border is a good place to be today.. So thanks for the condolences, but no need.

I think the borders open up in a few days, will try and get up there.

Theres a gentle offshore breeze, clear skies, blue water, peeling waves which are being enjoyed by humans and dolphins alike.. Just south of the QLD border is a good place to be today.. So thanks for the condolences, but no need.

I think the borders open up in a few days, will try and get up there.
Ha I admit objectively the Gold Coast/Northern NSW has a heap going for it. I just have a dislike for how fake and tacky the Gold Coast is.

If Northern NSW, then that would be really cool yeah.

EDIT: Plus * Queensland.

Is this the first time in BF history where our opponent has changed AFTER starting the preview thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back