Game Day Round 5: Sydney v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha... I'd love to hear what he was thinking right at the moment before impact though... :p

A bit like that joke...

What's the last thing that goes through a fly's mind when he hits the windscreen of a speeding car ?

His arse

Having watched the game again in more detail we really weren't as bad in Q1 as the score board indicated. We had our chances but there was a lapse of about 6 or 7 minutes when the Hawks scored multiple goals. Thought Horse kept a cool head not to panic but to make just a few positional changes.

Agree Bungee, was actually going to mention this. Our forward pressure was very good. And as I said at the time, focus on Jetta's efforts throughout the match, his pressure and harassment off the ball is absolutely outstanding, I particularly noticed it in the first quarter.

I think people are overplaying this tale of two halves angle on the match. We had a poor first quarter but only lost the second by a point, and were far more competitive.

Totally agree with you. I only got to see the game from about the last ten minutes of the first quarter. When I saw the score board I was shocked. The second quarter was fine as Sydney stopped the rot during this quarter, then proceeded to over-run the Hawks in the third and final quarters.

The only bad quarter was the first!

The remarkable thing was we scored 6 goals in the next 12 minutes while keeping the Hawks to just one more point. That's a facet to our game that is so vastly improved. We have the talent to turn it on big time with fast run and carry but can still switch back to the dour miserly Swans of old when we need to stem the tide. Longmire has really taken tempo football to a new beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back