Game Day Round 5: Sydney v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very harsh on Reid guys.

Well our backline is getting exposed because it's coming out of our forward line to quickly. Johnston can't play lose man in defence because he is struggling to kill contest/stand in right space. Grundy is struggling and now Roughead is killing us.

Seems really familar to last year.

We are giving the Hawks too much space.

They use the ball very well so stand shoulder to shoulder to the likely receiver. We are standing off far too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Sam Reid just then his shoulder is definitely hampering him. I have no idea why he was selected over White. He can't tackle or mark at the moment so he's pretty useless up front for us. He's not even bringing the ball down.
It would be great if White was our sub because we could sub Reid off.

His last attempt at a mark was probably the worst attempt I've ever seen him make the at ball.

One attempt? Really we're saying he's being absolutely pathetic based off on attempt? He hasn't been flash I agree but he's 20 years old he's going to take time he isn't going to be a 3-4 goal consistent forward ATM.

Very s**t half, we went in with the same s**t as we did in the semi final.

Bleh 20 points down but looking a lot better. Need to shove a stick up Grundys ass and educate him on proper defending. He's had a good season so far but has been absolute dross today. Richards is good but is being worked over way too easily in 1 on 1 contests.

Woeful half of football. Feels like the Hawks should be further in front. O'Keefe and Kennedy and Hanners have had good patches. Richards probably the only defender who seems to be competing well.

One attempt? Really we're saying he's being absolutely pathetic based off on attempt? He hasn't been flash I agree but he's 20 years old he's going to take time he isn't going to be a 3-4 goal consistent forward ATM.

Nah, I'm basing it on his crappy game last week and his current Folau-esque game at the moment. He's a totally passenger at the moment. Even Everitt is outplaying him, which should be an embarrassment for anyone.

Obviously I'm not expecting him to be a 60-goal season player yet, but I am expecting him to lead hard, attack the ball and provide forward pressure. He's doing none of that this game.

Some blame has to go on the match committee for basing our entire forward line around what appears to be an injured 20 year old CHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back