Trades Round 5 Trades, A.K.A - 'This round is already over for me, so let's focus on rage trades now...thread'

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how bad the rain will be in perth tonight. I want to keep sheed one more week but if the rains real bad that means a shocker from him and a must trade now. Very much appreciated.

So I have the following options for firing out of a cannon, into the sun:

Clarke, Burgess - Def
Constable (unlikely), Atkins, Ross - Mid
Fort, Flynn - Ruck
Setterfield, Rozee, Drew, Powell, Parker - Forward

I only have 1k left, after grabbing Whitfield last weekend. Forwards are weakest, so ideally upgrade there.

If I go to Baker (Rich) - I will only get a max $184K, plus my $1K - to upgrade. If I use Powell - my second highest value forward on the list, I only have $563K to pick someone.... Which is from Worpel down....

If I pick Stengle - that allows me to get Newnes….

But then that would potentially lock in a trade next week - either Stengle or Setterfield would need to go out if the former is dropped.....

Thoughts ??????

The other option is to look at downgrading one forward - picking up cash to then upgrade Fort to RO'B ???

Comments appreciated.

I'm having 2nd thoughts on trading Hore in, thinking of going with Ross instead. This leaves me with 4 Richmond rookies though, which isn't ideal. Although I've basically written off Markov and Balta as luxury trades when I ever get the chance to sideways them, just need Stack and Ross to play the next month and I'll be happy.

Also, struggling to decide between Daniel, Newnes and Billings for my upgrade target from Setterfield :think:
I'd go Billings mate, he was awesome last weekend and definitely spending a lot of time around the ball. Playing that role we expected him to be last year, and with the way hes playing and results they are getting itd be stupid to move him.

I'd go Billings mate, he was awesome last weekend and definitely spending a lot of time around the ball. Playing that role we expected him to be last year, and with the way hes playing and results they are getting itd be stupid to move him.

Agree there, got him in at the moment I'm just a bit gun shy after what he did to me last year.

Newnes 80k cheaper was the only reason I was considering him and also Daniel's DPP could be handy somewhere down the line. But think I'll go with Billings who's probably more of a keeper than the other 2 :thumbsu:

Shadow89 Thoughts on offloading Clark? How many more weeks do you think he has?

He'll get a rest at some point. Shouldn't be this week as it's Constable's turn and Tuohy isn't back in yet, but I would imagine it would be next week or the week after (either him or Miers). If you hold him this week, you'd be getting rid of him next week, as he's got a 42 BE and will probably only make another 10-20K or so. If you have a good trade, then I'd do it. Constable would be the first point of order though, with a move to offloading Clark next week or the following one

Last edited:
He'll get a rest at some point. Shouldn't be this week as it's Constable's turn, but I would imagine it would be next week or the week after (either him or Miers). If you hold him this week, you'd be getting rid of him next week, as he's got a 42 BE and will probably only make another 10-20K or so. If you have a good trade, then I'd do it. Constable would be the first point of order though, with a move to offloading Clark next week or the following one
Clark will probably last 2 more weeks until Tuohy returns you would think

He'll get a rest at some point. Shouldn't be this week as it's Constable's turn, but I would imagine it would be next week or the week after (either him or Miers). If you hold him this week, you'd be getting rid of him next week, as he's got a 42 BE and will probably only make another 10-20K or so. If you have a good trade, then I'd do it. Constable would be the first point of order though, with a move to offloading Clark next week or the following one
Its a tough one for me, its Lockhart or Clark, Lockhart has much more cash to be made its just unknown to when he will return

Its a tough one for me, its Lockhart or Clark, Lockhart has much more cash to be made its just unknown to when he will return

Do you have to field either of them? Because if not, then I'd just be looking at other trades and sorting out Clarky next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you have to field either of them? Because if not, then I'd just be looking at other trades and sorting out Clarky next week
Neither are being fielded, although their replacement probably will be. Two of Ross and Shepperd/Newnes. Holding Balta in the hope he pulls something off this week and has decent JS.

A bit scared of Newnes as I've got Billings, so nervous about when/if the wheels fall off down at Saint Kilda. Newnes does appear to be floating off the back a little bit though.

Could leave Lockhart/Clark and upgrade Fort to ROB, but miss and onfield upgrade, although my two options arent amazing..

You've made me change my mind. I was dead set on Williams and Clark out at the start of the week and now it looks like I'm holding both. :drunk:

Lockhart -> Hore (Clark on Bench)
Rozee -> Billings

Happy with my forward line of Danger, Boak, Billings, Worpel, Drew and Miers.

Back line will need to be sorted next week, but Clark with a BE of 42 should at the very least hold value on my bench, whereas Lockhart won't make anything and no guarantee to return next week. If he does, I can then trade Clark to Lockhart (or maybe Young) and go Williams (BE of 66 this week) to Sheppard next week. Though, I might need Clark to make 10-20k to make that work.

So think I've settled with:

Z. Clarke > O'Brien
Sheed > C. Daniel

I'll have enough cash next week to trade up someone like Clarke to Sheppard (if he performs again this week) or Laird.

Okay I'm locked.
Almost brought Libba or Daniel cause there is value there but holding out one week is going to bring in an uber who will stay in the team for the rest of the year, Gaff?
Gibbons -> Hayes. (Feel Gibbons is probably going to rise this week but not much more)
Setterfield -> Ham. (Pure cash grab, leaves petruccelle on the field but I was hoping for a basement forward so not going to say no to it now it's here.
380k in the bank for anything.

Ham vs Young vs Baker. I'm going to get this wrong whichever way I go so I'm tempted just to back in the 170k defender and hope for a +6 fest around the backline.

For those that are thinking of trading Zac Williams

Fremantle giving up scores to defenders so far
R1: MacMillan 118 (+31 on avg)
R2: Harbrow 105 (+26)
R3: Geary 91 (+16)
R4: Hurn 124 (+30), Sheppard 113 (+17)

Why you do dis?

All that being said, I'm ok with my trade of him as it has allowed me to get Cripps into my mids

I also have kept him in RDT, so if he cores well, i still get some benefit! ;)

You've made me change my mind. I was dead set on Williams and Clark out at the start of the week and now it looks like I'm holding both. :drunk:

Lockhart -> Hore (Clark on Bench)
Rozee -> Billings

Happy with my forward line of Danger, Boak, Billings, Worpel, Drew and Miers.

Back line will need to be sorted next week, but Clark with a BE of 42 should at the very least hold value on my bench, whereas Lockhart won't make anything and no guarantee to return next week. If he does, I can then trade Clark to Lockhart (or maybe Young) and go Williams (BE of 66 this week) to Sheppard next week. Though, I might need Clark to make 10-20k to make that work.
Getting Billings in for Rozee is definitely very good trading

Forgive me for my team being a bit scrambled in its ordering. Usually organise it nicely :p

Currently have a nice 365k to work with and have thought of a couple trade options for you guys to critic for me ;)

Am thinking of trading Setterfield out this week and using him as a downgrade option in two weeks time for someone like Rozee, at least I will know JS is there for him, and dont have a spot stagnated for cash gen. Think the way things are going I'll give Balta one more week, and hope he can somehow get an acceptable score to lower his BE, will save some cash to fix him next week. Is Lockhart worth holding? He seemed like his JS was nice and safe until his back injury, can any melbourne fans shed some light? Is it worth chasing O'brien for the cash gen for 4-6 weeks?

Current team is below; open to any other ideas or suggestions!

Leaning towards Shepperd over Newnes. just feel as though he is more likely to be top 6 for some reason

Option 1:
Setterfield to Ross via Lockhart/Rozee DPP
Clark/Lockhart to Shepperd
220k/94k left over

Option 2:
Clark/Lockhart to Ross
Setterfield to Newnes
244k/118k left over

Option 3:
Setterfield to Ross
Fort to O'Brien
642k left over

View attachment 657718
Bump

So undecided, starting to learn towards option 3, allows me to give all my rookies another week and a war chest to take a look at things and easily bring in a gun in one of my lines next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back