Trades Round 5 Trades, A.K.A - 'This round is already over for me, so let's focus on rage trades now...thread'

Remove this Banner Ad

I never do this, but just made a last minute trade and got rid of Crisp instead of Sheed to Laird... Hopefully this doesn't royally bite me in the ass, haha

I hope he stays in, I really like him. The other guys/girls have it right I think: Menadue probably goes out for Houli and Graham is the worst performing guy in the team at the moment - seems totally devoid of confidence. Comes down to whether he (Baker) survives the cut when Cotchin is back.

I'd love him to last because he is clever with ball in hand unlike Castagna who has more athletic tools but fumbles and makes ordinary decisions. Baker is cool under pressure and puts teammates in better positions.
Quoting oneself is probably not good form but I'm rapt the Tigers made the Graham change. Last week, although seemingly drastic to make six changes, it was always the right call, and the changes this week are spot on.

Nah that's fair enough. I got Dahl in last week and was highly disappointed (should've got Billings, haha). Boak is a must have, just reckon Dahl might bounce back this week in a high intensity (likely high tackling game)
I wanted Boak last week but just didn't have the cash I got Dahl in thinking he could make me some cash but with a break even of 110 and a next month of Hawks, Eagles, Essendon & North and only one game in Geelong over the next month I'm not sure how much money there now is to make reasonably quick.

I just should've gone with Billings but was still scared from last year. I though about rectifying that and getting in Billings in this week but I was to scared of something similar happening. I just feel really safe with Boak, he can come in and sit there all season.

Just really hoping Hutchings goes to Robbie Gray!

Clark -> Hore

Then I've got the dilemma of what to do with Setterfield. Baker/Bolton don't interest me a lot. But there is bugger all else and no rookie forwards at 170k look likely. Other option I've got is hold for a week then use Atkins DPP to switch Setterfield to Ross/Hayes/Hately next week. Which sounds a lot better. But not sure what I'd do for my other trade this week, don't really have much else to do.

I need a forward rookie to trade Schultz to. Have i missed the boat on miers? Better off going bolton/baker?

Quoting oneself is probably not good form but I'm rapt the Tigers made the Graham change. Last week, although seemingly drastic to make six changes, it was always the right call, and the changes this week are spot on.
Bakers job security any good?

I need a forward rookie to trade Schultz to. Have i missed the boat on miers? Better off going bolton/baker?
In the exact same boat. Was all for the Miers trade but with the Geelong game being on the Monday and him being named on the extended bench I'm not willing to take the risk in case he is dropped

Really stuck with Setterfield. There's now fwd downgrade options. Sooooo FK it, taking a risk for the $$$

Brayshaw > Libba
Setters > Newnes/Daniels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone want to check off
Setterfield -> Baker, Gibbons -> Hayes leaving 311k in the bank but fielding Petrucelle...
Or just go for Billings/Daniel now

Which of these 4 options do

1. Setterfield --> Baker, Z.Williams --> Liberatore ($21k leftover)

2. Setterfield --> Hayes, Goldstein --> Gawn ($48k leftover)

3. Goldstein --> O'Brien, Setterfield --> Merrett ($0k leftover)

4. Setterfield --> J.Ross, Gibbons --> Hayes ($212k leftover)

3 all the way. 1 a close-ish second

If all rooks are playing (first trade is Clark -> Hore) would you prefer to trade Gibbons to Hayes (prefer the extra cash over Ross) or go Fort -> O’Brien to generate ruck cash and have Bye coverage?

Thinking is that if Gibbons gets DPP next week I can swing him forward to downgrade one of the horrible rookies on that line (Balta / Burgess) to Hayes (should he perform decently this week)

Or am I overthinking this and should just go Clarke -> Hore and Gibbons -> Hayes to bank the $212k for next week?

Cheers

Sc
I really can't field Petrucelle or Parker, so need to trade Setterfield. Also keen on Clark to Hore. Think I'll back in Billings over Boak, Heeney or Daniel.

Who would you field out of Scrimshaw and Hore? And Stack or Atkins or Gibbons (yuck)?

Scrim and Stack for mine.

Any advice on mine above, noticed I’ve got Parker on field....

I really can't field Petrucelle or Parker, so need to trade Setterfield. Also keen on Clark to Hore. Think I'll back in Billings over Boak, Heeney or Daniel.

Who would you field out of Scrimshaw and Hore? And Stack or Atkins or Gibbons (yuck)?
Exactly the reason I used my cash to upgrade Setterfield to Heeney. Couldn’t trust Drew or Parker on field.

I’m tossing up between Scrimshaw and Duursma in my backline. Should we both go Scrimshaw, or both bench him??

If all rooks are playing (first trade is Clark -> Hore) would you prefer to trade Gibbons to Hayes (prefer the extra cash over Ross) or go Fort -> O’Brien to generate ruck cash and have Bye coverage?

Thinking is that if Gibbons gets DPP next week I can swing him forward to downgrade one of the horrible rookies on that line (Balta / Burgess) to Hayes (should he perform decently this week)

Or am I overthinking this and should just go Clarke -> Hore and Gibbons -> Hayes to bank the $212k for next week?

Cheers
I like the idea of grabbing ROB while he still has plenty of cash. If I had another spare trade, that's what I'd be doing. I'm also holding out on when I can move Gibbons forward.

Cheers
If you can afford Fort to O’Brien, I reckon he’s a good option

Remove this Banner Ad

Back