Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downgrading one Mid Pricer to a rookie, in order to upgrade one Mid Pricer to a premium is a move that doesn't really change your net position in terms of upgrades

Yeah, I get that.

But they are underperforming, need 90+ scores to move their price and justify their current price.

Williamson will at least go up in price.
Murphy will at least score more than 70!

Newman dropped, but Hayward kept on... wtf?

Hayward has actually played really well over his first 3 games with impact. Granted if I was a selector I would not have dropped Newman as he has been one of the better players back in defense.

Hayward has actually played really well over his first 3 games with impact. Granted if I was a selector I would not have dropped Newman as he has been one of the better players back in defense.
From an outsiders perspective, I'm surprised that Foote stayed in the side ahead of guys like Newman and Florent

From an outsiders perspective, I'm surprised that Foote stayed in the side ahead of guys like Newman and Florent

Florent I could see getting dropped, to be honest I think he would be better off for a run in reserves.

Foote/Cunningham I think they offer us less than Newman. Personally, I like our ins (Aliir was dropped for Melican which on his form that was appropriate) but Newman offers more than both Foote and Cunningham.... K. Jack is on a fine line as well.

What's Williamson's story? I have 7 of 8 bench players out this week.

Smith --> Williamson just looks so lame

Ouch. He seems the best defence rookie coming through. There is Long on his second game this week, but Stewart is absolutely maxed so could still be relevant next week if he performs.

Florent I could see getting dropped, to be honest I think he would be better off for a run in reserves.

Foote/Cunningham I think they offer us less than Newman. Personally, I like our ins (Aliir was dropped for Melican which on his form that was appropriate) but Newman offers more than both Foote and Cunningham.... K. Jack is on a fine line as well.

Didn't Foote tag last week? Maybe that's why he is keeping his spot for now. McVeigh for Newman was always a big chance unfortunately.

Didn't Foote tag last week? Maybe that's why he is keeping his spot for now. McVeigh for Newman was always a big chance unfortunately.

1. All Swans supporters wished McVeigh retired
2. McVeigh is not playing this week
3. I doubt there is a Swans supporter that thinks McVeigh will finish the regular season in the seniors. He will fall off a cliff like ROK.

What's Williamson's story? I have 7 of 8 bench players out this week.

Smith --> Williamson just looks so lame

Was a lil surprised when he went as late as 61 in the draft tbh, read a bit about him last yr & from memory he finished top 10 in a lot of the fitness tests at the AFL nationals. Your medium defender type player & from what I saw in his 1st game got a bit a talent, did some nice things against the bombers.

You would think at the blues these Williamson/Fisher type players have decent job security for the next few weeks, they keep playing Pickett!! & both Williamson & Fisher (for me) showed a lot more in there first games, are much better ball winners then him, play there positions better & both have shown skills of afl standard... there a good a chance as any rookie to stay in the side atm

I'm going through with my trades just going Fisher instead of Balic, I can't justify changing my trade strategy just on one m/f rookie being out & the next best only playing one game....

1. All Swans supporters wished McVeigh retired
2. McVeigh is not playing this week
3. I doubt there is a Swans supporter that thinks McVeigh will finish the regular season in the seniors. He will fall off a cliff like ROK.

Oops i read the AFL story on the teams and it mentioned McVeigh. I think they actually said him instead of Rohan..

So then who goes back? A fwd/ruck, a hff/fwd and a mid/fwd for a half back and 2 hff/fwds.. Could Lloyd lose some of his time up the ground?

Oops i read the AFL story on the teams and it mentioned McVeigh. I think they actually said him instead of Rohan..

So then who goes back? A fwd/ruck, a hff/fwd and a mid/fwd for a half back and 2 hff/fwds.. Could Lloyd lose some of his time up the ground?

All of last season Lloyd was mainly playing on the wing. Lloyds role won't change and his scoring output will remain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think that would be a higher chance of happening as we have a lot more players who can cover his position atm rather then us leaving another "taller" option in Otten out. Although I wouldn't understand that decision either, as we want game time into players like Hampton & I would of thought his skills he brings to the side are perfect for a fast exciting match that will be played against GC, I'm thinking we get atleast another week out of both.. just

Robertson could be worth a look if going down that route?? Quite a bit cheaper & averaging a lil more, although I have no idea of his role or anything as haven't paid him any attention
Can't trust a Roberton type

He and Gilbert has shown glimpses of decent scoring in the past, but never put it together over a season. It would be a bold move, but one I wouldn't want to do.

Salem would be the better risky type imo. He's had a few preseasons now and he has very good pedigree/high draft pick etc, so the time is ripe for him to breakout.

Strongly considering Yeo this week. Florent > Balic frees up enough cash for me to upgrade Taranto to Yeo. Taranto might still have a bit of money to make but waiting on him to max probably puts this trade out of reach.

Well that went up in flames pretty quick.

I'm actually tempted to do the same thing but with Parsons. I know he's out for two weeks but he ought to be straight back in after. Dunno if Balic's one week, two weeks, ten weeks or Rossed. And none of the other rookies interest me.

Changed my trades after working out how to get me out of a bad situation:

JOM > Williamson
Roughy > T. Adams

This ups my on field points but I know it is 2 mid pricers not getting upgraded. A mistake I am fixing and it is brought on by my bench that is killing me.

Well that went up in flames pretty quick.

I'm actually tempted to do the same thing but with Parsons. I know he's out for two weeks but he ought to be straight back in after. Dunno if Balic's one week, two weeks, ten weeks or Rossed. And none of the other rookies interest me.

Word from a friend of mine who has a tendency to know these kinds of things suggest he's been Rossed.

Can't trust a Roberton type

He and Gilbert has shown glimpses of decent scoring in the past, but never put it together over a season. It would be a bold move, but one I wouldn't want to do.

Salem would be the better risky type imo. He's had a few preseasons now and he has very good pedigree/high draft pick etc, so the time is ripe for him to breakout.

Can totally understand that :) All have there risks attached - Roberton,Koldashnj(wateva!),Salem was my thoughts from a "very lil" bit of reasearch before, I certainly don't know enough about any of them to comment further haha

Although my back 8 at years end is - Adams,Laird,Docherty,Lloyd,Montagna,K.Simpson,H.Shaw,J.J 6 of those is all's I'm after

All of last season Lloyd was mainly playing on the wing. Lloyds role won't change and his scoring output will remain.

Smith, Grundy, Marsh and Melican will obviously stay down back then that leaves Lloyd, Mills and Jones to cover the other spots. Seems a bit light on if they are planning to still play Lloyd up on the wing (Mills has actually been named on the wing atm, not that it means much).

Anyone know much about Mcluggage from Brisbabe who is on the bubble and has a BE of -9? DPP (FWD/Mid) but at $210,800 is a bit pricey. Can go Taranto>Mcluggage which means I can switch Pickett to the mid E (he's currently F6)and play Mcluggage on ground.

What's his JS like?

Am I crazy for even considering this?

Anyone know much about Mcluggage from Brisbabe who is on the bubble and has a BE of -9? DPP (FWD/Mid) but at $210,800 is a bit pricey. Can go Taranto>Mcluggage which means I can switch Pickett to the mid E (he's currently F6)and play Mcluggage on ground.

What's his JS like?

His JS is rock solid apart from perhaps the odd rest here and there. He would've played round 1 but he had a niggling injury from either the JLT series or training.

I'm not sure his output will quite justify his price tag but he'll only get better with time for the Lions. He was every chance to go number 1 pick for most of last year and the Lions couldn't believe their luck when they got him.

He also has an incredible surname which I'm sure you'll love saying every time he gets the ball.

What's his JS like?

Mcluggage I would assume has good JS and does look good but 60 scores from a 210K rookie I am not sure he is worth the extra cash. I would think the extra cash would be better off for an upgrade.

Surprisingly, I reckon I might end up not trading this week, and just gamble on fielding Stewart.

Not overly keen on bringing Williamson in because of potential bye problems (though, I'd hope to at least somewhat avoid the issue with upgrades by that stage).

Any thoughts?
Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 09.58.50.png

Last edited:

What's his JS like?

I'm with doona - at his price and expected scoring capacity Suitcase doesn't really suit the limited trading format of RDT.

I'm with doona - at his price and expected scoring capacity Suitcase doesn't really suit the limited trading format of RDT.
Parsons in a few weeks for the same scoring output is who we should be looking at

Even Fisher next week

Both are 125kers = 85k saved there going them instead of McLuggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back