Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
parfitt Or Taranto? Will they score enough to be keepers? Got around 400 to spend and they seem like the best options

Very happy with Taranto in my side.
The 50'ish score was worrying, but backed up last week with a nice ton.
Not playing forward at all, despite what some in here say. Plenty of midfield minutes.

I'll stick my neck out and predict he'll be a top 10 FWD this year (there's new players in it every year, why not Taranto!)

Grundy looking uber sexy right now, provides another C option and you've got trades to burn.
...still depends on what else you could do with that $120k though

That’s true. I will have 270k after I trade Brayshaw > Coff. I can trade Bonner > DEF/MID/FWD under 587k. Also have Billings and Hibb but wanting to hold.

Might as well make an actual contribution, here's some projected price movements for a few players of interest (approximations, assumes $430/pt):

View attachment 485673
Very helpful. Just as I'd decided to give Billings and Goldy another chance this post points out just how costly that could be. Then I see that last time Goldy played the Hawks he scored just 32 and although Billings scored 114 last time against the Giants that was in a winning side. The previous time he played them the Saint lost badly and he scored just 34 points. On current form St Kilda look headed for a similar loss today so that 34 seems the more relevant score. Neither Billings or Goldy were injured in those poor scoring games. History doesn't always repeat but in footy it very often does. Food for thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

parfitt Or Taranto? Will they score enough to be keepers? Got around 400 to spend and they seem like the best options

Taranto. Got him in last week despite the masses in here suggesting otherwise. With Kelly out indef & Scully long term there’s plenty of opps for him on ball/HB.

3/4 tons & handy draw coming up means the giants will hammer plenty of sides too.

Leave Parfitt though.

This Anzac Day round is s**t for trading. Really wanna know if Fritsch is dropped.
I’d rather trade out Fritsch than Brayshaw if I knew he was going to be dropped.
I have this feeling that Brayshaw is ready to start pumping out 70-80’s.

I did Kreuz>Grundy with my first trade. Can't decide what to do with the second trade (upgrade or downgrade?) 409k available. Red asterisked players are trade out candidates. Wouldn't mind a fresh set of eyes to review it and give some suggestions. I've been looking at it too long and have bamboozeled myself with all the options for this week as well as what's best going forward.

I've considered all the following options so far
Bonner > Gray (via sicily) leaves bank at 193k
Bonner > Coffield (takes my upgrading kitty to 555k)
Bonner > Mirra a week early 9takes my upgrading kitty to 624k) for 2 mid upgrades next week
Brayshaw > Oliver (bank gone)
Brayshaw > Gray (bank 94K) (McLean to M6 for now)
Fritzl > Gray (bank 75k)
Venables > Gray (bank 50k) McLean to M6 vis Garlett DP
Venables > Max Lynch (takes bank to 460k) for loopholing purposes & flexibility with English
Other?

rd5 hmm.JPG

Worth going Billings to Gray?

Feel being high in the rankings i need to trade aggressively, but his round 10 bye annoys me.

do a back of the envelope to see if it stacks up in theory.

lets say billings averages 75 per game until the end of round 10.
6 x 75 = 450

lets say gray averages 100
5 x 100 = 500

Is the extra potential 50 points worth it? Would you gamble they average differently than the above?

** i did not include a rookie playing for the 6th game in round 10, as I wouldn't know if you will still play a rookie or trade up.

Billings. To trade or not to trade. Really torn. It's either Billings> Sicily (sideways I know but Billings has been poo) or Brayshaw> Coffield, which will help generate cash.
I held Billings. I think it had to be done last week. Just going to ride it out and hope his form can change. Last week I thought was more promising, missing two shots effected a decent score.

I'm having the same problem with Billings > Gray.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back