Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade in Boak or Whitfield this week?
By the end of the year will probably want them both. Thinking Whitfield as he plays in the same side as the in form tagger of the competition and boak might be up against hutchings this week

Don't know if I would be downgrading Williams to be honest.

I see him more as an upgrade to premo option if anything.

Rotham also queries on if he will even string more than 2 games in a row together.....

Williams could be a nice sideways trade to Blakely in a few weeks :think:

If there's one under performing Premo I wouldn't trade out yet, it's Oliver. He's getting the ball, and he's generally a good user, have faith and the scores will follow sooner rather than later. Piggy was robbed of a ton last week, CD f***** him over big time.
Olivers kick to handball has definitely changed ....which has impacted his DE, but ultimately will strengthen his scoring as a SC player

I agree, I would definitely be holding Oliver

Olivers kick to handball has definitely changed ....which has impacted his DE, but ultimately will strengthen his scoring as a SC player

I agree, I would definitely be holding Oliver
I'm holding piggy too, but not expecting a great score from him this week. Likely to cop the Steele treatment.

I'm saving trades this week ...unless Setterfield and Parker are both out :eek: .....I refuse to put Balta on-field

But if Parker plays ....no trades this week
yeah similar here
tho i'm currently trying to find a way swing a busted arse rook up to Jacob Hopper as a POD using Butters.
been expecting Hopper to breakout for a cpl of yrs and this is it I reckon. Still scoring with Kelly back.
1% ownership. sweet
Super secret squirrel stuff though, so don't tell anyone.

yeah similar here
tho i'm currently trying to find a way swing a busted arse rook up to Jacob Hopper as a POD using Butters.
been expecting Hopper to breakout for a cpl of yrs and this is it I reckon. Still scoring with Kelly back.
1% ownership. sweet
Super secret squirrel stuff though, so don't tell anyone.
Your secret is safe here ;)

If anyone should trade out Piggy its me.
Name anyone else that would be dumb enough to captain him in Rnd 1 :rolleyes: Still recovering from it.
He's a hold for me. Had heaps of it against my mob on Friday..he's just a tad off with his radar and decision making which will return with each game.

Ugliest man i've seen since the great Shaun McAnus. Surely that must count for something.

Already thinking about next week's trades being the trading mystro that I am. LOL.

Does Williams to Rocky via Duursma sound dumb?

I figure Williams and Duursma will score similar anyways and it allows me to bring in a cheap mid premo for under $500,000.

Will just have Walsh and Constable at M7 and M8 then who I am quite happy to hold for a while.

Mids - Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Oliver, M.Crouch, Rocky, Walsh, Constable (Ross, Atkins, Scott)

My backs will be Whitfield, Smith, Duursma, Scrimshaw, Wilkie, Hore (Clark, Burgess) so would just wait 3-4 weeks till they have mooed.

Forwards will be - Dangerfield, Boak, Heeney, Marshall, Moore, Drew (Petro, Faulta)

Team will really be taking shape then and I will upgrade Moore to T.Kelly once he bottoms out.

Thoughts kentlemen? 😎

Last edited:
Am tempted to do something ridiculously epic by going Williams > Rotham along with Scott > Stack (Hore/Wilkie on field). This would give me 400k in the bank this week.

Double down again next week to Ross and Baker/Bolton/Rookie. Giving me around 600-650k.

Can then upgrade in Round 7 Drew(300k)/Atkins(280k) to Telly(450k)/Macrae(600k). Still have about 200k left.

The following week (RD 8) I can go one of Scrimshaw/Duursma/Clark to Lloyd/Laird. Can also cash out another rookie if I need funds.

It does cost 7-8 trades over the next few rounds but I do get 2 Super Premos and a likely Top 6 Forward Keeper. Will only have 6 more spots on field to fill with premos with 18-19 trades left, but I'd finally have the 'must-have' players that aren't currently in my team, which would allow me to cool my jets for a bit and wait for other premos to drop in Price.

Already thinking about next week's trades being the trading mystro that I am. LOL.

I figure Williams and Duursma will score similar anyways and it allows me to bring in a cheap mid premo for under $500,000.

Will just have Walsh and Constable at M7 and M8 then who I am quite happy to hold for a while.

Mids - Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Oliver, Rocky, Walsh, Constable (Ross, Atkins, Scott)

My backs will be Whitfield, Smith, Duursma, Scrimshaw, Wilkie, Hore (Clark, Burgess) so would just wait 3-4 weeks till they have mooed.

Forwards will be - Dangerfield, Boak, Heeney, Marshall, Moore, Drew (Petro, Faulta)

Team will really be taking shape then and I will upgrade Moore to T.Kelly once he bottoms out.

Thoughts kentlemen? 😎
not dumb at all. Williams was always going to be a stepping stone and as far as i'm concerned trading him for Rocky is upgrading to a premo.
my only concern would be starting 4 rookie defenders, both in terms of scoring and JS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone should trade out Piggy its me.
Name anyone else that would be dumb enough to captain him in Rnd 1 :rolleyes: Still recovering from it.
He's a hold for me. Had heaps of it against my mob on Friday..he's just a tad off with his radar and decision making which will return with each game.

Ugliest man i've seen since the great Shaun McAnus. Surely that must count for something.

Am tempted to do something ridiculously epic by going Williams > Rotham along with Scott > Stack (Hore/Wilkie on field). This would give me 400k in the bank this week.

Double down again next week to Ross and Baker/Bolton/Rookie. Giving me around 600-650k.

Can then upgrade in Round 7 Drew(300k)/Atkins(280k) to Telly(450k)/Macrae(600k). Still have about 200k left.

The following week (RD 8) I can go one of Scrimshaw/Duursma/Clark to Lloyd/Laird. Can also cash out another rookie if I need funds.

It does cost 7-8 trades over the next few rounds but I do get 2 Super Premos and a likely Top 6 Forward Keeper. Will only have 6 more spots on field to fill with premos with 18-19 trades left, but I'd finally have the 'must-have' players that aren't currently in my team, which would allow me to cool my jets for a bit and wait for other premos to drop in Price.
Whilst i admire the effort that has gone into it (and it does sound wonderful), of course you do realise none of it will ever happen.
What did Napoleon say was always the first casualty in battle ? THE PLAN :thumbsu:
I'll be happy if I get THIS week right.

not dumb at all. Williams was always going to be a stepping stone and as far as i'm concerned trading him for Rocky is upgrading to a premo.
my only concern would be starting 4 rookie defenders, both in terms of scoring and JS.

Yeah could be a bit dangerous.

I'm probably better off upgrading Williams to Lloyd down the track instead.

Mids - Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Oliver, M.Crouch, Rocky, Walsh, Constable (Ross, Atkins, Scott)

Thoughts kentlemen? 😎

My initial thoughts were yeah I'm trading Williams out, he won't be a keeper. But on closer inspection he was averaging 93 after the first 3 rounds (which would make him a keeper) and that 60 against Geelong last week was playing on one GAJ. He won't be required to shut down a player of that quality every week. If he bounces back this week he's a hold for me. Duursma will average nowhere near Williams.

Not me. I purchased expecting a D5/D6 keeper.
His career has gone 59, 65, 69, 88, 94, before a year off with injury. If he was a mid I'd agree but as a def I was assuming a cheap set and forget hopefully 95 avge.
So far 82, 95, 101, 60. (One crap game in 4).
What did we expect him to do ? Tons every week the moment he got back ? Probably still regaining a bit of confidence.
He's way way down on my worry list. Was avging 90+ till this week. I'll back him in to get better and finish with a 95-100 avge. He's in a mob that wins which doesn't hurt either. Just a thought.

Not me. I purchased expecting a D5/D6 keeper.
His career has gone 59, 65, 69, 88, 94, before a year off with injury. If he was a mid I'd agree but as a def I was assuming a cheap set and forget hopefully 95 avge.
So far 82, 95, 101, 60. (One crap game in 4).
What did we expect him to do ? Tons every week the moment he got back ? Probably still regaining a bit of confidence.
He's way way down on my worry list. Was avging 90 till this week. I'll back him in to get better and finish with a 95-100 avge. He's in a mob that wins which doesn't hurt either. Just a thought.

Even if he only ends up averaging 90-92 that's still a D6 keeper in my books and great value at his starting price.

149EF796-1C44-488D-8108-A3E6B8032650.jpeg
EA9A58E9-FA4C-4C16-99AA-B38F59736ACE.jpeg
Not sure where to go with my team. I was thinking of downgrading Martin to a rookie and fielding Contsable at M8 to generate cash. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Even if he only ends up averaging 90-92 that's still a D6 keeper in my books and great value at his starting price.
Same here.
Personally I'd be scared for him if he;d been running around like a headless chook on that knee to start with.
He's probably on a gradual program and so far has been pretty good.

Its all about the lure of Gull I reckon :p Even if its at the expense of a likely keeper. This place will go off the charts with rage when he scores an 80 soon.

giphy333.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back