Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As TheRednWhite regularly reminds us his round 1 trade of Cripps to Rocky was probably one of the worse trades of all time. Probably fair to say that this trade will go down as RDT history folklore.
With this in mind it may be that any future ridiculous trade will merely be referred to simply as an RnW.
Maybe we should have a special thread simply for the biggest RnW of the year where we can all nominate our worst trade of the year. Let's see who wins.
Goes without saying that the winner (loser) will be the second worse trade as no-one will be worse than the infamous Cripps to Rocky.
:) o_O :p

Last edited:
As TheRednWhite regularly reminds us his round 1 trade of Cripps to Rocky was probably one of the worse trades of all time. Probably fair to say that this trade will go down in RDT history folklore.
With this in mind it may be that any future ridiculous trade will merely be referred to simply as an RnW.
Maybe we should have a special thread simply for the biggest RnW of the year where we can all nominate our worst trade of the year. Let's see who wins.
Goes without saying that the winner (loser) will be the second worse trade as no-one will be worse than the infamous Cripps to Rocky.
:) ;). o_O
There was a thread on the Supercoach board called stupid idiotic goddam burnman trades

Was great but got locked for some reason

Could do similar here

How many trades has everyone used
I feel like with my ranking I should be using more trades early on, but luckily I am pleased with most of my premiums and the rookies are still going "for now"
I've used just the two and am ranked 63rd

Have had solid scores 3 out of the 4 weeks, would be well inside the top 50 had I fielded Constable not Scott in round 2 which was my only below par round (fell from 370th to 593rd that week, but went up to 138th and 63rd last two weeks)

Will use two this week and bring back in Heeney for Butters (going early here, but eh, gets a rookie off the field)

I'm not convinced on Stacks scoring, he might be ok in Supercoach to take though

We also have very similar sides, as evidenced by our Kliq league matchup last round, basically came down to captain choice with who won (Lloyd vs Treloar), haven't had the need to trade too, aside from Dunkley (Heeney was a mistake, so he's coming back in before he gets too expensive)

As TheRednWhite regularly reminds us his round 1 trade of Cripps to Rocky was probably one of the worse trades of all time. Probably fair to say that this trade will go down as RDT history folklore.

Add trading Taranto last week to the list. This was actually a calculated move whereas getting Rocky was more emotional, getting caught up in all the “Pig” Jazz after his 160. Knew Ward coming back in would affect Taranto like last year. What happens? Ward injured in first quarter, Taranto 110+ again. Just not fair. Another 110+ avg guy I traded after Cripps. Got Libba in so not bad this week but Libba destined to get injured soon, just a matter of when.

Actually been cursed this year, not just in fantasy but in other parts of my life. I don’t even mind some trades backfiring but the punishment so far is just next level. Rocky knocked out the week I get him and Cripps goes 160 the very next week. Even just the way it happened with Cripps 10 pts in Q1 getting my hopes up. Just cursed.

Only trade that hasn’t backfired so far is Dunks to Boak, let’s see what happens this week.

Punishment continues this week. Danger guaranteed to go big and I can never captain him because of last week...

Scared to make another trade. As soon as I get rid of Smith or Williams they will ton up the spuds. Same story with Crisp, can’t win.

How many trades has everyone used
I feel like with my ranking I should be using more trades early on, but luckily I am pleased with most of my premiums and the rookies are still going "for now"

Used 1 but not using two last week on sheed to libba and crisp to Whitfield will haunt me for the rest of the year. I would have scored 2270 and would be ranked top 25. I now have no Whitfield, neale, macrae, libba, heeney and boak. Have no cash, so can’t bring any in and have to field 3 forward rookies. If parker doesn’t play and drew gets dropped I’ll be fielding balta and will need to bring in a spud like shai Bolton to avoid a doughnut. Thanks setterfield.

Add trading Taranto last week to the list. This was actually a calculated move whereas getting Rocky was more emotional, getting caught up in all the “Pig” Jazz after his 160. Knew Ward coming back in would affect Taranto like last year. What happens? Ward injured in first quarter, Taranto 110+ again. Just not fair. Another 110+ avg guy I traded after Cripps. Got Libba in so not bad this week but Libba destined to get injured soon, just a matter of when.

Actually been cursed this year, not just in fantasy but in other parts of my life. I don’t even mind some trades backfiring but the punishment so far is just next level. Rocky knocked out the week I get him and Cripps goes 160 the very next week. Even just the way it happened with Cripps 10 pts in Q1 getting my hopes up. Just cursed.

Only trade that hasn’t backfired so far is Dunks to Boak, let’s see what happens this week.

Punishment continues this week. Danger guaranteed to go big and I can never captain him because of last week...

Scared to make another trade. As soon as I get rid of Smith or Williams they will ton up the spuds. Same story with Crisp, can’t win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can match it i traded Gawn to Hoff after round 1 and forgot to reverse before the bounce and now im stuck with hoffs 40s while Gawn tonnes up everyweek

This sounds better than " Home and Away " (must be honest, never watched a episode ) , but i'm a glass empty type. We all have $hit luck. Btw, i went Heeney to Kelly haha. That's not $hit luck, that's more than likely $hitting my pant's and breaking the age old rule

Used 1 but not using two last week on sheed to libba and crisp to Whitfield will haunt me for the rest of the year. I would have scored 2270 and would be ranked top 25. I now have no Whitfield, neale, macrae, libba, heeney and boak. Have no cash, so can’t bring any in and have to field 3 forward rookies. If parker doesn’t play and drew gets dropped I’ll be fielding balta and will need to bring in a spud like shai Bolton to avoid a doughnut. Thanks setterfield.
Just checked and Neale is in a lot more teams than I expected. Wouldn't stress too much about him though, surely he gets back to having those 30+ possession games and barely tonning up...although he doesn't seem to want to do that anymore this year.
Also, Heeney in doubt for this week so we could be kissed if he misses.
Just realised that if Drew gets dropped and Parker doesn't play... I get my first donut, has to be some record getting a donut that early.

Just checked and Neale is in a lot more teams than I expected. Wouldn't stress too much about him though, surely he gets back to having those 30+ possession games and barely tonning up...although he doesn't seem to want to do that anymore this year.
Also, Heeney in doubt for this week so we could be kissed if he misses.
Just realised that if Drew gets dropped and Parker doesn't play... I get my first donut, has to be some record getting a donut that early.

I would have done treloar to Neale this week had I did those trades last week...then I would just need Whitfield and Boak for team to be set for next 4-6 weeks...beams will be back this week, which will affect treloar...treloar is spending too much time on the bench and seems to be the mid bucks will play forward...terrible role.

1555412987795.png

Goes without saying, but I need your help guys. I'm hoping this team can now be some sort of group project where we all work together to get it into the top 1000. Will be challenging no doubt.
I know we can't really do much right now with so much doubt on a number of players but any ideas would be helpful. Will choose the most popular options as my trades for this week.
Thanks in advance

View attachment 656044

Goes without saying, but I need your help guys. I'm hoping this team can now be some sort of group project where we all work together to get it into the top 1000. Will be challenging no doubt.
I know we can't really do much right now with so much doubt on a number of players but any ideas would be helpful. Will choose the most popular options as my trades for this week.
Thanks in advance

Maybe Setterfield>Newnes and Williams>T.Stew.

Maybe Setterfield>Newnes and Williams>T.Stew.
Not bad

I reckon Setterfield will make more cash than Butters though plus has DPP

Reckon chuck Setterfield in the mids as a loopholer, and yep stay with Newnes and Stewart trades, but just trade Butters instead of Setterfield

Plenty of midfield rookies who'll be popping up soon, so Balta/Drew/Parker can go for a midfield rookie in a week or two, then move Setters back forward

This sounds better than " Home and Away " (must be honest, never watched a episode ) , but i'm a glass empty type. We all have $hit luck. Btw, i went Heeney to Kelly haha. That's not $hit luck, that's more than likely $hitting my pant's and breaking the age old rule
Afraid to say I did the same. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back