Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Basically all my rooks have negative breakeven, they all seem to be playing this week too (except maybe Pickett and Bennell)

I won't be able to make changes after teams on thursday, so If I want some blues/saints then I need to make a call

Whats everyones thoughts on
Pickett, Bennell, Vandemeer, Budarick, Mcinerny

Who would everyone field and who would everyone drop

Noone is really cashed up yet as well as all being in negative breakeven but I need to get rooks off the field sooner rather than later.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Basically all my rooks have negative breakeven, they all seem to be playing this week too (except maybe Pickett and Bennell)

I won't be able to make changes after teams on thursday, so If I want some blues/saints then I need to make a call

Whats everyones thoughts on
Pickett, Bennell, Vandemeer, Budarick, Mcinerny

Who would everyone field and who would everyone drop

Noone is really cashed up yet as well as all being in negative breakeven but I need to get rooks off the field sooner rather than later.

Drop pickett/bennell. Even if they're back this week they were the first dropped and therefore the least likely to play further games (in the absence of any other information thats all we can logically guess).
Out of those 2 id be dropping pickett first. He had enough games to satisfy me he isn't a big scorer.
Bennell could still be anything. And I can only assume you've spent the 1 trade to get him in.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
AFL Fantasy 2018 Team 18.png

What trades should I do

Attachments

• 26A83C85-5411-49F9-B542-7B0CC92F8E38.png
    26A83C85-5411-49F9-B542-7B0CC92F8E38.png
    917.2 KB · Views: 40
  • EC8DC2D6-3CDD-499E-AAE7-FA5864BE8E4E.png
    EC8DC2D6-3CDD-499E-AAE7-FA5864BE8E4E.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 7386D4A4-3DFE-46CD-8252-4B92BA06B15E.png
    7386D4A4-3DFE-46CD-8252-4B92BA06B15E.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 92E7D07B-523C-4CC2-844C-7CC72CAC103C.jpeg
    92E7D07B-523C-4CC2-844C-7CC72CAC103C.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 73B770AA-E5ED-43BE-81E0-0BB28C5ACAA8.png
    73B770AA-E5ED-43BE-81E0-0BB28C5ACAA8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Thoughts on Jack Steele?

Jack Steele anyone? 748k, averaging 110 in the old numbers, 3/4 carona hundreds

always scored well when played as a ball winner and Ratten has finally released the shackles with him. Ticks a lot of boxes. Finds the footy, tackles, marks and can kick goals. Honestly feel like he could be a top 8 mid this year

Had him since the start
Very happy - nice player to own.

Lachie Neale has two pretty tough games coming up, so you'd expect some lower scores. Brisbane have had a good run playing weaker teams in Qld the whole time. Much better off picking up players like Dangerfield or Whitfield that have bottomed out than paying stupid amounts of $$ for Neale.

Fair point - Lloyd has bottomed out too. Macrae?
Whitfield probably down one more wk but still good value this wk.

View attachment 903659
What trades should I do

Don't trade out Brander! Georgiades/Brown/Davis instead?

happyCrowie

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tyler Brown likely to be dropped also this week if Treloar is back, unless Sidebottom gets suspended for Covid breach. If not, that means my rookies on bench could have Pickett, Bennell, Tyler Brown and potentially McAsey all not playing FML.

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
I am hating the look of my team more and more each week and can't really find too many ways of improving it without culling rookies too early.

DEF: Doch, Crisp, Houston, Starcevich, Brander, Rivers (Butler, Hamill)
MID: Macrae, Oliver, Cogs, Yeo, Mitchell, Rowell, McInerney, Buderick (Bennell, Brown)
RUC: Grundy, Pitt (Xerri)
FWD: Whit, Petracca, Simpkin, Ceglar, Brayshaw, Bewley (Taylor, McAdam)
UTE: Pickett

Am thinking about going:
Bewley > Corr
Brayshaw > Parfitt
Brown > Serong

Unsure how much better that makes my team other than making some extra $$$ instead of my mid pricers stinking it up....

Other option is to throw this week and try and triple downgrade to bank some $$$ for next week
What would I do with that team (decent team by the way!)

Brayshaw > Serong (via Buderick and play Taylor)
Brown/Pickett > Green
Houston/Crisp > Ridley

With those 3 trades you have not lost any points scoring ability but given yourself about $500k to do a double upgrade next week

mullpig88

Piggy
Feb 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
What would I do with that team (decent team by the way!)

Brayshaw > Serong (via Buderick and play Taylor)
Brown/Pickett > Green
Houston/Crisp > Ridley

With those 3 trades you have not lost any points scoring ability but given yourself about $500k to do a double upgrade next week

Firstly thanks.... beginning to think my team was getting worse as I've dropped 3000 places in 2 weeks!
Have just done it now and it gives me $305k for next week, still not too bad and I do like the look of Rowell/Green/Serong on ground in the mids.
Also like the thought of watching a Port or Freo game without wondering where the hell Houston or Brayshaw are!

Petracca

Senior List
Jun 16, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone thinking of jumping on Yeo at his price? If I bring him in I can do the following (rooks are good besides not having Serong):

1) Cerra / Howe / Ceglar —> Young / Whitfield / Yeo.

Other options are:

2)Cerra / Howe / Ceglar —> Parfitt / young / Danger

3) Cerra / Howe / king (if dropped) —> Serong / Young / Whit

I like 1 (if rooks hold) but what are others thoughts?

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
View attachment 903659
What trades should I do
No way at all, ever, would I bring in Sicdog!!

Maynard, Ridley and even Casboult are better option!!
With your team I would go Ridley then fix up rookies.
Howe > Ridley
Williams > Butler
One of your fwd rooks > a playing fwd rook!!

So many teams in the top 1000 have lots of non-playing rookies and in the back half of the season $$ generated early is going to be an issue.
To give you an idea, I'm ranked 9200 but making $80-120k a round more than you from rookies. In 4 weeks that is a free upgrade I've got over you!

Currently looking at the following team. Is it bad that I still have 8 rookies fielded... (7 techincally, Rowell plays like a 200 gamer)
Trades this week at this moment looking like this:
Noble -> Hayden Young
Greenwood -> Dangerfield
Darcy Cameron -> Poholke

View attachment 903068
No midfield emergency there. Bit risky.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Tyler Brown likely to be dropped also this week if Treloar is back, unless Sidebottom gets suspended for Covid breach. If not, that means my rookies on bench could have Pickett, Bennell, Tyler Brown and potentially McAsey all not playing FML.
You'd have to think Sidey is gone for at least 1

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ive gone off trading Merrett to Gaff, because Gaffs history against Sydney isnt great. Saving some $$ and looking at eithet Parfitt or Wingard. But now im worried about Parfitts late out a couplf of weeks back, and Wingard spending a whole game forward :/
The risk with Parfitt is he has a poor injury record. And with Geelongs decent mid depth there's always the chance he could get thrown forward as he's a great forward. High risk high reward type

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Harry Jones one to keep an eye on for a debut this week, 170k mid and could be a chance to come in as an extra mid with Breust coming out.

had 39 disposals and 16 clearances LOL against the Tigers in the scratch match 2 weeks ago. Could be a handy bench option to save some cash from the mids closer to 300k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back