Trades Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def's are largely garbage from my perspective, so im looking to restructure with Howe.

Howe>Bont in the mids or Gibbons (Luko back)
Zerrett i cant decide whether to hold or trader to Danger who has to be at his lowest point
Brown>Serong is the obvious trade of the week.

Trading Cumming for one of Corr V Young V Butler....

Corr or young would slot onto my field and bump brander out. Or if I grabbed butler i'd continue to field brander.

Which one does everyone think? I can't make a decision to split them at the moment.
If butler is named he's tempting just for the cash grab. But also risky to be dropped even if he survives this week.

Corr - 2x good scores but how? why? I couldnt pick him out of a lineup.
Young - Great performance last week, I like him as a player but is he too expensive now as a rooke to jump on at $310k?

Feels very sidewaysish no matter what I do. Ideally whomever I grab will become a reasonable D6 for a while longer.

Trading Cumming for one of Corr V Young V Butler....

Corr or young would slot onto my field and bump brander out. Or if I grabbed butler i'd continue to field brander.

Which one does everyone think? I can't make a decision to split them at the moment.
If butler is named he's tempting just for the cash grab. But also risky to be dropped even if he survives this week.

Corr - 2x good scores but how? why? I couldnt pick him out of a lineup.
Young - Great performance last week, I like him as a player but is he too expensive now as a rooke to jump on at $310k?

Feels very sidewaysish no matter what I do. Ideally whomever I grab will become a reasonable D6 for a while longer.
I'm in an almost identical scenario except I'm trading down from Howe. If I go the first two then it bumps Brander to the bench as well.

Corr has looked real good (DT wise) the last fortnight, taking kick-ins and getting involved in almost every switch play and making leads for them +6s. I would get him in for sure if his name wasn't Corr.

Young definitely had a breakout game on the weekend and was stiff not to get the rising star nom IMO. He took a few great pack marks and played an excellent game, although I think Corr has the better fantasy game based on current form.

Butler also looked pretty decent and think he should average around 40. I think if you've got Rivers already you can afford to get Butler and have him at D8. I got Hamill last week, so Butler would have to be my backup at D7 if I got him for Howe.

Honestly tempted to take the punt on Corr as I guarantee almost every fantasy coach will overlook him just because of his diabolical past averages.

I'm in an almost identical scenario except I'm trading down from Howe. If I go the first two then it bumps Brander to the bench as well.

Corr has looked real good (DT wise) the last fortnight, taking kick-ins and getting involved in almost every switch play and making leads for them +6s. I would get him in for sure if his name wasn't Corr.

Young definitely had a breakout game on the weekend and was stiff not to get the rising star nom IMO. He took a few great pack marks and played an excellent game, although I think Corr has the better fantasy game based on current form.

Butler also looked pretty decent and think he should average around 40. I think if you've got Rivers already you can afford to get Butler and have him at D8. I got Hamill last week, so Butler would have to be my backup at D7 if I got him for Howe.

Honestly tempted to take the punt on Corr as I guarantee almost every fantasy coach will overlook him just because of his diabolical past averages.

I'm leaning the same way and hoping he can be a guy that holds his spot in my side for 4-6weeks at D6.
I've currently got Starc at D5 and Brander D6 (Rivers, Cumming bench).

Cummings -> Corr is where I sit at the moment in the hopes he's a +10-20pt improvement on Brander on average. I'll likely have to miss the Young boat as he's too similar priced to Brander anyway (and will score about the same too).

I guess even if he he's a flop (lets be honest thats highly likely), he'll still make ~ $100k over the next few weeks at which point I can probably get him up to a premo keeper.

Carlton fans - Gibbons named at FF instead of HF, which is where he's been scoring big the last couple of weeks. Risky to bring him in this week?

The risk with Parfitt is he has a poor injury record. And with Geelongs decent mid depth there's always the chance he could get thrown forward as he's a great forward. High risk high reward type
This is the pickle I'm in too. Looking to trade Rozee to Wingard/Parfitt.

I'm more confident in Wingard's role than Parfitt's fitness (he's already missed 2 of 4 games this year, apparently with an interrupted preseason due to the back issue that kept him out 4 games last year). Wingard has been getting it done, even with a full strength Hawks midfield. But... that extra $70k makes it much easier for me to do a Greenwood to Whitfield trade next week, possibly (lol "plans").

I even briefly flirted with the idea of Gibbons. The sweet breakeven and decent chance of a 70+ is a good deal, but I doubt he's a keeper so not keen to waste the extra trade

The risk with Parfitt is he has a poor injury record. And with Geelongs decent mid depth there's always the chance he could get thrown forward as he's a great forward. High risk high reward type
Is it really that poor? He has played 18 and 17 games in the last 2 years.

Currently looking at:

Howe - Young
Naismith - Ridley
Rozee - Parfitt

This is my "please stay fit Parfitt, please don't suck again Cogs" strategy/hope. And I still have Cumming to trade out next week.

I've never seen Ridley play, so just following the crowd really. What are people expecting from him, and does Conor McKenna coming in affect his scoring?

Alternatively... Would it be too crazy to run with a 4-rookie defence (Doch, Houston, Brander, Starc, Young, Rivers) and go with something like Wingard+Bennell instead of Ridley+Parfitt? First option would add an extra $200k to sort something out with defence next week

Alright guys, if anyone has any alternate thoughts or suggestions let me know, currently considering the following.

Pre-trade team looks like this, with 246k in the bank.

First trade is Naismith to Pittonet

Pittonet to me still presents value, and has plenty of cash to make. Besides Cameron has the best $/point ratio.

Second trade needs to be used fixing up rookies. I'm still hopeful that Cavarra may get a run in the near future or even this week, so I may hold. Will look to fix Bennell/Pickett depending on who is named this week. At the current moment I see more potential in Bennell's scoring, but he also poses the injury risk. Hopefully one of the two are named so that my decision is a little easier. I am currently torn out of who to chase between Serong and Young. I like Young's JS.

Pickett/Bennell to Young/Serong

I would be left with 125 - 168k depending on who I trade. Next week I would like to target Whitfield so will need to ensure I have the funds ready to make that move. I am looking to downgrade someone to L.Butler (is that too late?) to free up funds, but will look to use my last trade to ensure that I am ready. My final trade is the one that I am having most trouble on. I am stuck whether to use it fixing up the bench or to chase Serong/Young/Butler or to chase value and points in other positions. For the now I am holding Brayshaw for another week, he has an achievable BE and I'd like to see how he goes this week without Fyfe. Smith, Sicily and Houston haven't been as good as I like, but have seen slight improvements. Daicos and Florent were speculative mid-price picks over the last two weeks, they'll be held for a couple more weeks to at least squeeze the cash out of. Merrett is out suspended this week and I feel like that opens up the opportunity to chase some value and make some money. Originally Parfitt stood out as the most obvious option to make some money on an underpriced player, but then i remembered his mate Danger who is huge value and as underpriced as hell be all season.

Merrett to Dangerfield

Taking the most expensive for my second trade in Pickett > Young would leave me with a total of 188k after these three trades for next week. Will comfortably be able to go straight from Brayshaw to Whitfield next week with that money, but if Brayshaw comes out and lights it up I'll need a downgrade to get there. Provided Brander and L.Butler maintain a similar difference in price I'll be able to add an additional 150k~ to take Starcevich to Whitfield. Alternate options would be to upgrade the poorest performer out of Daicos/Florent, both have netted me some coin, and will act as a nice stepping stone.
pre round 5.jpg

Attachments

• pre round 5.jpg
    pre round 5.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 19
Flavour of the week,

Parfitt v Ridley?

For me it's:

Parfitt & Butler/Williamson

Or

Ridley & Green

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sorry, can't help you with the Ridley/Parfitt choice - I'd love some more info myself too. But in terms of option A, I'm not a fan of either Butler or Williamson. If you can't afford Young instead of them, then go option B. Green seems like he's won himself a chunk of weeks of 50s scoring and good price rises

Alright guys, if anyone has any alternate thoughts or suggestions let me know, currently considering the following.

Pre-trade team looks like this, with 246k in the bank.

First trade is Naismith to Pittonet

Pittonet to me still presents value, and has plenty of cash to make. Besides Cameron has the best $/point ratio.

Second trade needs to be used fixing up rookies. I'm still hopeful that Cavarra may get a run in the near future or even this week, so I may hold. Will look to fix Bennell/Pickett depending on who is named this week. At the current moment I see more potential in Bennell's scoring, but he also poses the injury risk. Hopefully one of the two are named so that my decision is a little easier. I am currently torn out of who to chase between Serong and Young. I like Young's JS.

Pickett/Bennell to Young/Serong

I would be left with 125 - 168k depending on who I trade. Next week I would like to target Whitfield so will need to ensure I have the funds ready to make that move. I am looking to downgrade someone to L.Butler (is that too late?) to free up funds, but will look to use my last trade to ensure that I am ready. My final trade is the one that I am having most trouble on. I am stuck whether to use it fixing up the bench or to chase Serong/Young/Butler or to chase value and points in other positions. For the now I am holding Brayshaw for another week, he has an achievable BE and I'd like to see how he goes this week without Fyfe. Smith, Sicily and Houston haven't been as good as I like, but have seen slight improvements. Daicos and Florent were speculative mid-price picks over the last two weeks, they'll be held for a couple more weeks to at least squeeze the cash out of. Merrett is out suspended this week and I feel like that opens up the opportunity to chase some value and make some money. Originally Parfitt stood out as the most obvious option to make some money on an underpriced player, but then i remembered his mate Danger who is huge value and as underpriced as hell be all season.

Merrett to Dangerfield

Taking the most expensive for my second trade in Pickett > Young would leave me with a total of 188k after these three trades for next week. Will comfortably be able to go straight from Brayshaw to Whitfield next week with that money, but if Brayshaw comes out and lights it up I'll need a downgrade to get there. Provided Brander and L.Butler maintain a similar difference in price I'll be able to add an additional 150k~ to take Starcevich to Whitfield. Alternate options would be to upgrade the poorest performer out of Daicos/Florent, both have netted me some coin, and will act as a nice stepping stone.
View attachment 904188
Naismith to Pittonet is a no brainer. Take Young over Serong. Hold Merrett. Hold Bennell and Pickett, they might both get recalled this week or next. Ditch two of Brayshaw, Daicos and Florent.

How about: Naismith, Florent, Brayshaw - Pittonet, Young, anyone (eg Gaff+85, Wingard+276, Lloyd+200). I'd go Gaff, especially with the move back to Perth coming up.

Then do Daicos to Whitfield next week for approx 130k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe to Simpkin (via Brander to DEF)
and
Non-playing rookie to Serong

Nothing in the bank, but my rookies still have money to make. Think Serong will play and score well

If you had to play three rookies on field in the mids, who would be the top 3 choices?

Rowell is obviously one.

Indeed,have about 830 for a mid in that scenario so its either Kelly or Dangerfield and change.
This includes going down from Laird though so at least in option 1 (Ridley, Parfitt) I am getting net +1 rookie off the ground.

Interesting. Not sure Ridley and Parfitt are +1 premium though.

From Pickett/T.Brown at least one of them is

Its Out: Pickett and Laird

Haha fair enough then. Have a strange feeling Houston, BSmith, Laird etc. will turn it around. Maybe I'm crazy!
My thinking this week is to hold onto Houston and BSmith due to a decent score last week, lowish BE, could go up in price.
Laird could turn it around against us this week.

Haha fair enough then. Have a strange feeling Houston, BSmith, Laird etc. will turn it around. Maybe I'm crazy!
My thinking this week is to hold onto Houston and BSmith due to a decent score last week, lowish BE, could go up in price.
Laird could turn it around against us this week.
He could, but right now I have Pickett/T.Brown/Bennell and McInerney filling 2 on-field spots, so the priority is to address that.
Laird and Coniglio are the only premiums i'm able to cull to get the money required to turn one of those rookies into someone decent.

Macrae or Whitfield?

For me I'm thinking:
1. Naismith -> Xerri
2. Pickett or Brown (if out) -> McHenry or Serong - leaning McHenry as Adelaide board seem bullish on him and saves some money
That leaves me with 554k in the bank for an upgrade and it's the last chance to make 3 trades so might as well take advantage.
3. Georgiades -> Macrae or Whitfield; or Bedford to Whitfield

He could, but right now I have Pickett/T.Brown/Bennell and McInerney filling 2 on-field spots, so the priority is to address that.
Laird and Coniglio are the only premiums i'm able to cull to get the money required to turn one of those rookies into someone decent.

Do it. Back your gut! :)

What do you think of Macrae or Whitfield this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back