Trades Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys Ive got 26 trades left.

Traded Danger to Dusty
Traded Dow to Impey before he rose like a God.
Traded Cox out for CJ
Traded out Rowe for Waterman.

Id say those trades are okay without being great. Couldve been worse, could've been better. Would rather have kept Rowe. Couldnt trust Cox at the time as a D6. Only way to get in CJ was through Cox.

So now I feel like I'm somewhat behind the pack.

Would be trading Jones to Chapman Via Laird DPP
Then going early on Jones through Kosi to avoid a donut?

Doing this would leave me with 24 trades and 1500 in the bank. Always finish top 1% feel like this season I wont be.

Last edited:
Speaking of Helmet and Brayshaw taking huge dumps on their unfortunate owners, you need to venture into no mans land (mids priced in the $300K's) to discover the chairman of the turds.....the gun that is James Worpel.
The weapon once known as the worpedo has posted scores of 45, 54, 40, 56 so far.
Already lost over $100K in just the 2 weeks, from a bubble price of $475K. Sweet Geeeebus :eek:

$372,300, BE 122

This bloke has $200K's stamped on his forehead.

Yeah i don't care if he's "tagging", that is true shitness.

Worpel has been hugely disappointing since winning the B&F back in 2019. Mitchell back in has certainly changed his game as he now isn't the number one ball hunter in the team. He tagged Brayshaw well for the first three quarters last week, but I'm not sure he tagged in rounds 1-3. His disposal has been horrific this year too, and he is averaging only 18 possessions a game as opposed to 26.5 in 2019 where he averaged 97SC.

Personally I'm tearing my hair out after selecting Lukosius instead of Bowes to start the year. Was ok with the choice after two rounds and two 100's by Luko, but back to back 59 & 44 really has dampened my chol.

Also have Helmet, but after originally wanting to trade his arse, I'm leaning to holding.

Considering going Fullarton (Suspect he gets dropped with McStay due back) to Aquaman and Luko to Bowes or Short.

I may yet ride the Luko train a little longer and just do the Aquaman trade yet though. $119,300 in the kitty, thoughts?

1618375885512.png

1618377565369.png
Kinda stuck this week, think i just drop whichever rookie isn't playing to Waterboy and maybe Kosi to Jones if he doesn't play. Could go Jelly to Ridley but i'm patient and thick skinned, unlike Judd_Magic

Worpel has been hugely disappointing since winning the B&F back in 2019. Mitchell back in has certainly changed his game as he now isn't the number one ball hunter in the team. He tagged Brayshaw well for the first three quarters last week, but I'm not sure he tagged in rounds 1-3. His disposal has been horrific this year too, and he is averaging only 18 possessions a game as opposed to 26.5 in 2019 where he averaged 97SC.

Personally I'm tearing my hair out after selecting Lukosius instead of Bowes to start the year. Was ok with the choice after two rounds and two 100's by Luko, but back to back 59 & 44 really has dampened my chol.

Also have Helmet, but after originally wanting to trade his arse, I'm leaning to holding.

Considering going Fullarton (Suspect he gets dropped with McStay due back) to Aquaman and Luko to Bowes or Short.

I may yet ride the Luko train a little longer and just do the Aquaman trade yet though. $119,300 in the kitty, thoughts?

View attachment 1102380

Phillips and Lukosius stand out as mid-pricers going nowhere - and possibly down.

I'd be leaning to

Phillips > Waterman (probably going to lose you 10-30 points a round but gain you serious cash)
Lukosius > Ridley [or other premo you prefer] (probably going to gain you 30 points a round, maybe more like 70-80 the way Luk has been scoring)

If you wanted to go gutsy and not bring in a rookie forward, you could still afford

Phillips > Stringer
Lukosius > Ridley etc.

Stringer is a risk, obviously, but he has a breakeven of -40 so he'll at least make some cash for you and in a season with everybody's forward line full of question marks, he may turn out as decent a gamble as any of the mid-pricers. He might turn out an upgrade on Philips if he stays on the park.

Unless you think Phillips or Lukosius are going to turn things around, those seem the obvious options. :thumbsu:

Tough decisions this week - my team is a train wreck.

Butters has to go. Am thinking either Tex or Dunkley.

Helmet really sh*t the bed last week and I want him gone but may be forced to look at ruck options if Flynn and Meek not named.

Would prefer to bring Lochlan Jones in this week and then upgrade Meek to Gawn next week.

With helmet out I'm facing a donut if I don't trade. If Meek and Flynn are out I'm facing a donut.

So

1. Tex vs Dunkley

2. L Jones vs Hickey

Any suggestions apart from drinking heavily?
7fd468f1ba15d4f334cb79dd34d58772.jpg
Butters to waterman
Kossie/sharp to Jones

use the money to trade meek to Gawn next week with another downgrade
He is a must have

Phillips and Lukosius stand out as mid-pricers going nowhere - and possibly down.

I'd be leaning to

Phillips > Waterman (probably going to lose you 10-30 points a round but gain you serious cash)
Lukosius > Ridley [or other premo you prefer] (probably going to gain you 30 points a round, maybe more like 70-80 the way Luk has been scoring)

If you wanted to go gutsy and not bring in a rookie forward, you could still afford

Phillips > Stringer
Lukosius > Ridley etc.

Stringer is a risk, obviously, but he has a breakeven of -40 so he'll at least make some cash for you and in a season with everybody's forward line full of question marks, he may turn out as decent a gamble as any of the mid-pricers. He might turn out an upgrade on Philips if he stays on the park.

Unless you think Phillips or Lukosius are going to turn things around, those seem the obvious options. :thumbsu:

I like your first idea, also leaves me with more cash for next upgrades ($215k). Will also then have the double seagulls in Lloyd/Ridley.

Don't think I can do the Stringer option. Just can't stand the bloke.

I was hoping Lukosius would be scoring more like his first two rounds, and average 95+ and be a decnt D6. Phillips is finding the footy but we are playing awful footy atm. Think I'd trust him to turn it up a notch moreso than Luko?

I like your first idea, also leaves me with more cash for next upgrades ($215k). Will also then have the double seagulls in Lloyd/Ridley.

I was hoping Lukosius would be scoring more like his first two rounds, and average 95+ and be a decnt D6. Phillips is finding the footy but we are playing awful footy atm. Think I'd trust him to turn it up a notch moreso than Luko?

I'm not a Stringer fan either, but I'm carrying a couple of forwards already in the 'difficult to like' category and they're scoring well, which is what counts. ;)

I started Phillips and not Impey, so that was an easy sideways and the main reason I did it is that yes, he's getting enough ball, but his kicking has been consistently awful and doesn't look likely to improve, IMO at least. If it did - and he was getting a bit more midfield time which doesn't seem likely either - he'd be the 100+ player we were all hoping for. I see him either stuck at the scores he's getting, or even dropping considering he's picked up a couple of cheap goals to pad his current average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A220851E-682B-4E3C-B79B-07666F19B88A.png
cant stand the bloke? No idea why.

Someone talk me down from Phillips>Stringer. get a cool 110k, take in a -45 BE for an equally inconsistent player. I missed Tex and Impey, and Stringer just seems so good when he goes in the middle.

Not sure what more I can do to talk you down from stringer other than remind you to channel some common sense

Someone talk me down from Phillips>Stringer. get a cool 110k, take in a -45 BE for an equally inconsistent player. I missed Tex and Impey, and Stringer just seems so good when he goes in the middle.
My POV ....this is a great trade ....from one Iffy player to another Iffy ...I mean what could go wrong

This game is about backing you instincts ....and having the guts to follow those instincts

I for one stand and applaud your convictions and self belief.....may the SC Gods back you

funeral Simpsons.gif

The package.

Can't believe he's a option to trade in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back