Trades Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's never a wasted trade to rookie correct and make 150k.

It's not like Oea is going to come back like another rookie and score points and generate cash, he's a perma 102k player.

I value trades at around 150k, Waterman should make that with ease.

You don't want to be in a situation where you miss out on 150k from Highmore or worse have to trade him back in.

Hewago, Hewago, Hewago might not be the spud we thought he was. This from a VFL praccy match 2 weeks ago.

"One of the highlights of the first half saw Hewago Paul Oea with a gut busting effort from inside his own half before an exchange with Jy Farrar saw him through on goal and slotting it on the run from 30m out."

"Jarrod Harbrow, Jy Farrar, Hewago Paul Oea and Chris Burgess all impressed throughout the game."

Question for the tacticians here. Struggling with who to trade out for Waterman this week. Even my spuddy rookies will make a bit more money so seems a waste to trade them yet.

I have O'ea as a loop, but the Suns are playing early over the next few rounds, so I'm wondering about trading him to Waterman. This could work as I have Highmore who is not looking like playing, but works as a captains loop for rounds 6 and 7. He has such a high BE it seems a shame to trade him cause he might get more games.

Is it a wasted trade to sideways a 102K player?
Go for the money man! I reckon Highmore is going to be the most kept but not played rookie this year ( yes I own him). Trade the Sleeper and become the AWAKEN!

Sorted trades.

Butters - > Waterman locked in

Once teams are named at 6.20 on Friday - if Flynn isn't named, I'll go Meek to Grundy. Not ideal but anticipating Meek dropped. If he is named, I'll hold the 2nd trade I think, cop Kosi's score this week (expect he'll be back in), and do Highmore to Jones next week. If Kosi isn't, I'll just bring in Jones this week on Saturday once those teams are named.

Sorted trades.

Butters - > Waterman locked in

Once teams are named at 6.20 on Friday - if Flynn isn't named, I'll go Meek to Grundy. Not ideal but anticipating Meek dropped. If he is named, I'll hold the 2nd trade I think, cop Kosi's score this week (expect he'll be back in), and do Highmore to Jones next week. If Kosi isn't, I'll just bring in Jones this week on Saturday once those teams are named.
Like this plan quite a bit.

I have a Helmet dilema!

I'm $5k short of doing a straight trade to Short.

So I'll need to downgrade elsewhere, e.g Brockman/Jordon or Kosi -> Waterman to find the extra $.

Alternatively, I could just go Helmet -> Stewart and save myself a trade..

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why's Waterman not a must have?
If I were to trade Timmy I'd go Ridley over Steele and I don't really want to trade Taranto as he's doing ok. I'm trying to avoid unforced sideways trades and this trade might only net me 10-15 points better a week. I'd rather generate some more bank and then go a rookie to Oliver or somebody.
I've watched enough of Taranto now. He's extremely overrated IMO and he butchers it. If I could see his scoring improving I would hold but unfortunately I can't.

team kjfdskjdhfj.JPG

I got bloody dramas - probably similar to others in here. Butters has to go and im looking at a donut in defence due to Daniel and rookies not getting a gig. I would prefer to hold daniel, but i might not be able to.

Butters to waterman and Sharp to Bowes/Stewert/Doch doesn't make me very happy.

Anyone got some suggestions? its all hurting my damn head!

EDIT: This looks like an option? Next week move Highmore to Jones with the cash left over
1618397915708.png

View attachment 1102702

I got bloody dramas - probably similar to others in here. Butters has to go and im looking at a donut in defence due to Daniel and rookies not getting a gig. I would prefer to hold daniel, but i might not be able to.

Butters to waterman and Sharp to Bowes/Stewert/Doch doesn't make me very happy.

Anyone got some suggestions? its all hurting my damn head!

EDIT: This looks like an option? Next week move Highmore to Jones with the cash left over
View attachment 1102719
I'd trade in Bowes (via Sharp) and Waterman; does that save you from a donut as well?

I'd trade in Bowes (via Sharp) and Waterman; does that save you from a donut as well?
yeah it does - im not totally convinced by Bowes tbh but thats because I havnt watched a gold coast game this year haha can he maintain this scoring with his role?

I have a Helmet dilema!

So I'll need to downgrade elsewhere, e.g Brockman/Jordon or Kosi -> Waterman to find the extra $.

What do you guys think?
I'll take Short.

I have a Helmet dilema!

What do you guys think?
Save the trade I reckon (edit: and hold the Helmet if you possibly can).

Last edited:
yeah it does - im not totally convinced by Bowes tbh but thats because I havnt watched a gold coast game this year haha can he maintain this scoring with his role?
I'm surprised to see how well he scores, but he takes lots of kick ins too - so unless they have a change there, he'll keep scoring

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back