Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
If no more backline carnage (holding Daniel and Highmore so need Clark and Kosi to play), I'll likely trade Butters to Oliver and maaaaaybe one of Scott or Brockman to Waterman. If Clark or Kosi get dropped then I'll go early on Jones.

Even, as I type, I realise that these trade plans are fraught, as Scott will play before the Sunday teams are announced. It is well covered ground but the rolling team naming make planning for this game impossible. And it rewards luck more than good planning. For a number of weeks I've held over a trade I would have otherwise named in the fear that I'll cop a donut in my incredibly thin backline. Really frustrating.

Yeah thats it. Me and my large chol start with rookie rucks and a 6 premo backline with Hurn averaging 100+ at D6 then the SC Gods * me and its not the rucks that have killed me its Hurn and Daniel in the same week and more importantly not grabing rookie Backs or Jiath as I just didn't have a need for them.
In one week I've gone from Laird at M6 and 5 premo backs with Chapman at D6.
To Daniel on the bench and 25 points from him and Hurn for my troubles. Plus Butters. Relying on Kozi to play or being forced to trade Daniel :drunk:
This alone will cost me 3-5 backline trades when I was set to use none.

Its an interesting one. The whole limit on trades thingy. I think if you could use all 30 trades when ever you liked heaps would Judd_Magic their trades and loose interest but then theres the regular players (like me) who get smashed with injuries and then go on a beer drinking, Roughie maneouvring rampage the likes most have never seen.

People with sh*t teams often get waaaay to involved with other people’s strategies

That said... I’d upgrade Jelly to Dow
thanks for your help :heart:

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
ImissFrosty you’re making a strange case as to Leon Cameron having a brain as a football coach. You have to understand mate that he has NFI.

Firstly, he drops Phil Davis as co captain to make Cogs sole captained which from all reports hurt Davis immensely going into 2020.
Cogs then as the captain of his football club was dropped by Leon himself despite them going into a do or die game which they lost and ended their year. At the time he wasn’t even close to their worst contributor.
Secondly, he refuses to play Tom Green, arguably their best young up and coming midfielder in the guts.
Thirdly, he plays Cal Ward on a HBF/HFF when he’s an average ball user and should never have left the guts. He’s their barometer and is still a very good player, ala Travis Boak.
Fourthly, he is playing Jelly on a HFF with zero CBA’s and is giving Brent ******* Daniels 12 attendances a game when he’s a little midget who is paid to kick goals.
Fifthly, he says ideally Mummy should play 6 or 7 games because they want to ‘develop’ Flynn and Briggs as rucks yet Mummy is a ruck coach and has said himself he’s there purely as back up so why give Mummy 6/7 pointless games whilst Flynn is fit to play?

I’m not sure about you but Leon has the keys to the Ferrari but every game I watch them they play a different brand of footy and the players look clueless. They really have no excuse, their talent is still incredibly high.

TLDR I’m not sure Leon has the brains to put Jelly back in the guts. He’s kicked 4 goals in the last two matches and had 20+ both games so to him it’s a win, but for the Giants to be a gun side Jelly needs it arguably 35 times because he is magic every time he gets the ball.
The best thing for the Giants is for Leon to walk imo
homer funny cos true.gif

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is a Public Announcement for all SCers alike.

Mitch Lewis has copped a one match suspension. Hawthorn have no tall forwards in their side from last week. Kosi will make it into this weeks team to produce another sh*te score.

I repeat. Kosi will make it into this weeks team to produce another sh*te score.
I have a sneaky feeling the Nash or Jeka may get a run in that role. Kozi to play at Box Hill where he relearn what a football looks like.

I have a sneaky feeling the Nash or Jeka may get a run in that role. Kozi to play at Box Hill where he relearn what a football looks like.
Vampire Kosi scared of the sun.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I need convincing to keep Jelly mate.

What makes you think he will be fine for?

My M4 Cripps is averaging exactly the same as your M4 Jelly is (94.5) and the thought of trading him out hasn't even crossed my mind since it momentarily did in Rd3. Since then he's scored only marginally better than Jelly. But what if he averages 94.5 all year??? you might be thinking. Yes, that could happen and I end up upgrading him as my final mid upgrade (trades permitting) or he ends up my M8 if I cop an unlucky injury run and trades don't allow...is that so bad though? I just don't see how you end up with a complete team playing GnR by sideways trading uninjured premo's when we have bench rookies making either very little or no $ at all at the moment. It's not like he's been averaging 81 like Neale. Jelly's role isn't ideal at the moment, but he is a gun and guns find ways of pumping out a big score sooner or later regardless of role. Kick a couple of timely goals, a few goal assists and Jelly's scored a 120+ from 19 possies.

Oct 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
fu**. fu**ity fu**.

If SPFlynn is not back then I am literally $100 short of going Butters and Flynn to Grundy and Waterman. Gutting.

Is there another ruck option worth going as a keeper R2, or do I just look for a stopgap like Hickey?

I was feeling bloody confident on Flawn over Gawndy a couple of weeks back but it's all falling to sh*t now.

ROB Roy McGregor

My M4 Cripps is averaging exactly the same as your M4 Jelly is (94.5) and the thought of trading him out hasn't even crossed my mind since it momentarily did in Rd3. Since then he's scored only marginally better than Jelly. But what if he averages 94.5 all year??? you might be thinking. Yes, that could happen and I end up upgrading him as my final mid upgrade (trades permitting) or he ends up my M8 if I cop an unlucky injury run and trades don't allow...is that so bad? I just don't see how you end up with a complete team playing GnR by sideways trading uninjured premo's when we have bench rookies making either very little or no $ at all at the moment. It's not like he's been averaging 81 like Neale. Jelly's role isn't ideal at the moment, but he is a gun and guns find ways of pumping out a big score sooner or later regardless of role. Kick a couple of timely goals, a few goal assists and Jelly's scored a 120+ from 19 possies.
Pfffff - that playing it safe. Judd_Magic is beyond that :D - he has already been planning to Roughie Jelly back in
But, that's the fun of SC - there more than one way to play it!

As for me, I'm being conservative with my trades and have only burnt 6 trades so far (not including this week as yet) :p
I'm still gunning for the best % improvement on overall rank - yeah, I know I have an unfair advantage over your team due to my current overall ranking!

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
And yeah agreed with Andrew Birch can’t go sideways trading premiums, especially if they’re scoring just enough to warrant keeping which Jelly is.

You’ll end up copping mass injuries like Here2tellyouwhy and myself and regret it straightaway. We legitimately have to burn trades to get us out of a whole and to try and keep up with the top teams which will hurt us in the long run.

Trades are Gold.

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My M4 Cripps is averaging exactly the same as your M4 Jelly is (94.5) and the thought of trading him out hasn't even crossed my mind since it momentarily did in Rd3. Since then he's scored only marginally better than Jelly. But what if he averages 94.5 all year??? you might be thinking. Yes, that could happen and I end up upgrading him as my final mid upgrade (trades permitting) or he ends up my M8 if I cop an unlucky injury run and trades don't allow...is that so bad though? I just don't see how you end up with a complete team playing GnR by sideways trading uninjured premo's when we have bench rookies making either very little or no $ at all at the moment. It's not like he's been averaging 81 like Neale. Jelly's role isn't ideal at the moment, but he is a gun and guns find ways of pumping out a big score sooner or later regardless of role. Kick a couple of timely goals, a few goal assists and Jelly's scored a 120+ from 19 possies.
This is a fair point especially the last line. Unlike a Tmitch or other ball pigs, Jelly only needs 20 to ton up and has a huge ceiling.
Glad I dont have him atm, but he will be mighty tempting if he ends up in the low 500k range after his bye.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
This is a fair point especially the last line. Unlike a Tmitch or other ball pigs, Jelly only needs 20 to ton up and has a huge ceiling.
Glad I dont have him atm, but he will be mighty tempting if he ends up in the low 500k range after his bye.

He won't. He bottoms out near 500k this week and that's about as cheap as he gets give or take a week.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

I'll be picking him up in Rd13 if he's around that price for sure. Not a lot of mids capable of going on a 140+ 6-7 game streak.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Pfffff - that playing it safe. Judd_Magic is beyond that :D - he has already been planning to Roughie Jelly back in
But, that's the fun of SC - there more than one way to play it!

As for me, I'm being conservative with my trades and have only burnt 6 trades so far (not including this week as yet) :p
I'm still gunning for the best % improvement on overall rank - yeah, I know I have an unfair advantage over your team due to my current overall ranking!
And yeah agreed with Andrew Birch can’t go sideways trading premiums, especially if they’re scoring just enough to warrant keeping which Jelly is.

You’ll end up copping mass injuries like Here2tellyouwhy and myself and regret it straightaway. We legitimately have to burn trades to get us out of a whole and to try and keep up with the top teams which will hurt us in the long run.

Trades are Gold.

Hmmm.

Maybe I'll just trade Brockman > Waterman then and give that campaigner Jelly another bloody go. 😭

It might be wise to keep a trade up my sleeve in case Scott drops Clark so I can af least then bail myself out of trouble and go Clark > L.Jones.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah thats it. Me and my large chol start with rookie rucks and a 6 premo backline with Hurn averaging 100+ at D6 then the SC Gods fu** me and its not the rucks that have killed me its Hurn and Daniel in the same week and more importantly not grabing rookie Backs or Jiath as I just didn't have a need for them.
In one week I've gone from Laird at M6 and 5 premo backs with Chapman at D6.
To Daniel on the bench and 25 points from him and Hurn for my troubles. Plus Butters. Relying on Kozi to play or being forced to trade Daniel :drunk:
This alone will cost me 3-5 backline trades when I was set to use none.

Its an interesting one. The whole limit on trades thingy. I think if you could use all 30 trades when ever you liked heaps would Judd_Magic their trades and loose interest but then theres the regular players (like me) who get smashed with injuries and then go on a beer drinking, Roughie maneouvring rampage the likes most have never seen.
I still think we should be given 1 wild card each season to use whenever we please.
Change your whole team for its current value.
They do it in EPL fantasy and it adds epic strategy to the game.
It would totally stop peeps quitting. At least for a week.
Imagine being able to swap your team out after the first bye......

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Reckon I'll still go as planned:

Butters > Waterman
Kosi > Jiath

Not really fussed if Kosi plays, don't like his JS and obviously Highmore has already *not* played.

Gives me about $270 in the kitty to get Mitchell the week after, and pending some more rookie downgrades J. Kelly the week after that.

Despite coach Ferrari bending Jelly sideways, his floor is 90. That’s ptretty good considering. Imagine when he starts getting some decent CBA numbers. Definitely a hold for me.

I still can’t wrap my head around Daniels getting TWICE the amount of CBAs > Jelly. Someone needs to give Leon a concussion test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back