Trades Round 5 Trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern with holding Cripps is it means playing one of those bottom-scoring rookies on the field, who are capable of pushing out 20's/30's, as opposed to a rookie whose floor might be, say, a 50.
A trade to Pendles in anticipation of DP seems attractive, but with Crisp already back there and Daicos potentially to end there also, that's three Pies players in the backline which is more than what I'm comfortable with.
That said, there'd be little chance of me moving them both to defense until the midfield could be stabalised with more consistent rookies anyhow, as I'd trust McCartin/Gibcus more than Ward/McDonald/Rachele at the moment.

I'm probably going to hold Cripps and Hinge.

Bowey > Brodie.

Stephens > NOD.

NOD will cover Cripps this week. If McCartin is out along with Hinge, I'll end up with SDK at D6 which isn't ideal, but it's only a week.

Hayes or Dixon will cover Preuss.

Can foresee next week being the first week my rank doesn't go up, but it's a long season. Don't think getting desperate to try to maintain a high ranking is the right move

View attachment 1368965

Here’s my team. Ranked 120 overall. No idea what way to go this week. Any help greatly appreciated. Thinking maybe Worner > NOD & Cripps > a M/F for DPP purposes. Concerns with Rowell & Duncan too. Want to swing Brodie to the mids to remove the stain that is Ward from the field (hence the DPP for the Cripps trade) and Hinge under an injury cloud also. Team has hit some carnage I feel…
Stephens (or mid rook) to O'Driscoll

This allows you to move O'Driscoll to defence
McCartin/DeKoning forward
And Brodie to mids

This will give you a mid/fwd link & fwd/def link with one trade 👍

Refer to post #20 in Jiska 's Mod notice at top of thread page to see how to move your dpp players through their lines (sorry not sure how to post link)

Last edited:

And Brodie to mids

Thanks for the reply mate, appreciate it. Like your thinking, hadn’t thought of that!

And Brodie to mids

Thanks for this mate, gives me much better scoring potential on field and I hadn’t thought of moving things around this way

Really not sure what to do this week.

Preuss gets a rest on the pine - Hopefully Hayes back in and Dixon still playing.

These players all ready to be culled or close to it - not sure which though order is from DEFs to FWDs

Hinge $266,700 BE 29
DGB $248,300 BE 30
Rowell $401,600 BE 68
Ward BE 29
Macdonald BE 27

Who should go and who should come in? Current team below. team 11.4.22.png

Strongly considering this
R5 trades.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early thoughts before all the injury reports.

-Cripps to English (via DPP)

$67k banked, 32 trades left

Next week at least 1 downgrade, hopefully 2. Week after that I can grab a couple of fallen premos

Willie Rioli looks like one everyone has missed. Will make 150k in his sleep.

Don't think I've played a season like it where every cash cow is basically 180k+
Don't tempt me to smash that boost button
cat button GIF

View attachment 1368965

Here’s my team. Ranked 120 overall. No idea what way to go this week. Any help greatly appreciated. Thinking maybe Worner > NOD & Cripps > a M/F for DPP purposes. Concerns with Rowell & Duncan too. Want to swing Brodie to the mids to remove the stain that is Ward from the field (hence the DPP for the Cripps trade) and Hinge under an injury cloud also. Team has hit some carnage I feel…
Hinge-NOD
Cripps-Steele

View attachment 1368931
I can pretty much afford any mid.
Who would you guys go?
Titch or Green for value?
Touk or keays for higher scores?
I guess I am asking who is next best.
I am waiting on Oliver a few weeks.

Touk easily. He has the potential to be the #1 SC scorer for the season!

Touk will be my first upgrade...

Cripps-Jackson
Ward-Brodie/NOD

Could Brodie actually be a keeper? Could make another 150k easily.

Cant have any of these sub 40ppg spuds Ward/Hough/Stephens/MacDonald on field any longer. Ranked 45k and these guys are killing me. Or play the long game and grab O'Driscoll?
Has potential to be I reckon. 37 disposals from only 73% game time. Thought his time on bench would be a problem and almost didn’t start him, but very glad I did. Looks the goods so far

Does anyone know the severity of the Hinge injury? Not getting a whole heap of mooing from some of these rooks :((

Probably bringing in Docherty for me. Premo mids that I’m personally looking at; Brayshaw (two 90’s In a row) Steele (Plays GWS in 2 weeks) and Oliver (dropped 68 last week and faces GWS this week) aren’t all quite ready to bring in. Thought about maybe Jack Sinclair but concerned about a possible de Boer tag as Ash will probably go to a midfield (Steele), whilst also having an unproven track record as a premo whereas Docherty has

Cripps - Tom Green
Hinge - NOD
or
Cripps - NOD
Hinge - Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back