Preview Round 5 v Melbourne Demons @MCG, 7:45 PM Saturday April 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh fu**

XOH to come in to replace Cumming.

A HC whose objective was to win a flag would play Briggs or Aleer.

A HC hoping to survive the weekend reverts back to the player he dropped 5 minutes earlier.

A massive missed opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or is he there to play VFL?

It’s just crazy to have him sit around the ‘G while the Demon’s twin Rucks wreak havoc.

given the vfl team is playing collingwood in melbourne tomorrow at 2, I assume everyone is travelling with the team

Yeah you're right, can't believe that didn't even cross my mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Ash go to Tracc do you think or cover for Cumming in the backline?
Good question.

No idea of the answer.

Leon's musings sort of indicated he wasn't leaning towards using Ash as a tagger before Cumming went out. But with XOH coming back in and Callaghan available, either Kennedy or Ash could cover Cumming's role in the backline.

So, no idea. If it's a SC/AF question, not sure whether the answer helps or hinders anyway.

A HC whose objective was to win a flag would play Briggs or Aleer.

A HC hoping to survive the weekend reverts back to the player he dropped 5 minutes earlier.

A massive missed opportunity.

Look I get that your posts are often sensational and you are trying to convince others of your point of view….

But to suggest a coach trying to win a flag turns his eyes to young and unproven key position talent needs to be called out as utterly ridiculous

Criticize LC all you want. But let’s keep it in the realm of reality too

It doesn't quite fit the description of a No.4 draft pick, and it’s certainly not how he thought he’d deployed in the typically critical third season of AFL development, but it might just be the making of him: Lachie Ash, the tagger. It’s a role he insists is only temporary, but one being fulfilled with aplomb right now. And there is confidence that it will act as a steep learning curve for when the 20-year-old is entrusted with winning the ball for the GIANTS himself, sometime soon.

The implementation of Ash against the Premiers on Saturday night will be a matter of intrigue. Leon Cameron was coy during the week as to whether he’ll ask him to do a hard tagging role for the third week in a row, with Melbourne’s litany of midfield threats providing the main quandry. “Yeh, you’re right, unfortunately we can’t tag eight players. Not sure as of yet. Obviously a couple stand out in Petracca and Oliver but you could throw a blanket over seven or eight blokes,” Ash said. “They’re the best team in it there’s no hiding away from that fact. We’re looking forward to the challenge. We have a good record in big games and moments, we beat them last year and you take confidence from that. We’ve got that ‘why not’ sort of attitude.”

Look I get that your posts are often sensational and you are trying to convince others of your point of view….

But to suggest a coach trying to win a flag turns his eyes to young and unproven key position talent needs to be called out as utterly ridiculous

Criticize LC all you want. But let’s keep it in the realm of reality too

You’re welcome to make the case for Riccardi as second ruck over Briggs.

Or to make the case for the dropped XO as a late backline replacement for IC over Aleer.

However, based on the AFL and VFL performance evidence of season 2022, to assert it’s “utterly ridiculous” is not persuasive.

You’re welcome to make the case for Riccardi as second ruck over Briggs.

Or to make the case for the dropped XO as a late backline replacement for IC over Aleer.

However, based on the AFL and VFL performance evidence of season 2022, to assert it’s “utterly ridiculous” is not persuasive.

I didn’t make those arguments

I just said that a flag winning coach wouldn’t look to unproven key position players as the answer

Leek had 7 touches today as an intercepting defender. Might be great in time, but clearly not ready

Remove this Banner Ad

Back