Remove this Banner Ad

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
First trip to the G for the year.

It comes at an interesting time. Some of the younger players didn't cope with the Freo pressure or the back-to-back six day breaks, so may warrant a rest. But this is a golden opportunity for a morale and confidence building win on the ground premierships are won on.

In the gun: Cripps, Newnes, Polo, Blake.

Wilkes, Ray & Gram were named in the best players for Sandringham this week. Wilkes, Peake, Ledger, Archer and Siposs were in the goals.

Melbourne are in a massive hole, and the result should not be in doubt. But with a brutal month following, a confidence and percentage building win is a must.

Oops should have refreshed before posting the other thread!! Thats 2nd week in row we've posted same thread within minute of each other!! Maybe one the mods can delete other one.. Here is what i wrote..

Alright lets not beat around the bush, if we cant beat Melbourne then we are in some serious trouble this year
ranger.gif

But seriously we should win this game as Melbourne are in all sorts of trouble, but in saying that its this type game we are likely to lose!

Newnes has been pretty good for first year player and for someone that we didnt expect to play but i think he needs a rest. Jamie Cripps probably also needs a full game, so they need to start him or let him play at Sandy this week. Id rather us play him for full match in AFL as thats only way he'll get used to the pressure. We also need to find one position for him, either play him off back line or up forward.

Jason Gram, Farren Ray & Beau Wilkes were probably only guys who put their hand up for senior selection this week. Unfortunately for Wilkes our forward line is currently functioning quite well so he might have to wait a little longer.

James Gwilt had solid performance in his return in VFL but dont expect him to play AFL for couple weeks and Adam Schneider is still at least another week away.

OUT: Jack Newnes
IN: Jason Gram

Saints by 66 points
Saints_flag_waver.gif

Roo was hurt late Friday, and Kosi may come under some MRP scrutiny. Wilkes may get his chance.

Always a good idea to play Gram on the bigger grounds.

Roo was hurt late Friday, and Kosi may come under some MRP scrutiny. Wilkes may get his chance.

Ah yea i forgot about that incident. Be interestign if anything comes of it or not.

Roo will be fine, i have faith :thumbsu:

Do we rest Roo considering the opposition and the month after that?

Or do we back Riewoldt in against a team he has his best goalkicking record against (38 goals in 11 games)?

Do we rest Roo considering the opposition and the month after that?

Or do we back Riewoldt in against a team he has his best goalkicking record against (38 goals in 11 games)?

We still need to work on our offensive spacing and entries. Given this is our first trip to the G and we play the Hawks there the following week, it's a full dress rehearsal for mine.

A quick confidence boost by thrashing Melbourne is what the young players need, especially at their first game at the 'G.

Roo couldn't possibly have been hurt.
Footy players dont just get hurt for no reason, and if there was any unfair contact surely the umpires would have seen it. All in the imagination. :rolleyes:

Geary has really stolen Gram's spot on the side at the moment.
Gwilt will soon be ready to come back in, but its hard to find someone to make room for these guys. So not sure whats going on here.

I think I'd rest Cripps and Newnes and bring in Ray and Ledger for a few.

Milera could probably use a rest too, but with Schnieder still out and Siposs not showing a great deal, he might get a bit longer.

Unless Riewoldt is really struggling then he should play, we should win this game comfortably even without him but could you imagine the furore if Melbourne beat us and we had rested Riewoldt for the Hawks game. Also as L2M4G said we need to use this game as MCG match practice for the following week and Riewoldt is an important part of our game plan.

Still it is a good opportunity to try a few other players against Melbourne. Surely Ledger has to get a game sooner rather than later, likewise Siposs, both are good users of the football which is one area we need to improve.

Wouldn't mind seeing Wilkes get a game up forward to see what he can do but that would probably mean leaving out either Kosi, Stanley or Riewoldt otherwise we will be too tall and none of them deserve to be dropped.

Talk of Sylvia coming in for the Demons this week, I'd still be surprised if they play Clark on the back of his near serious injury, but I guess they will plan for him anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if opposition coaches have taken note of the Fisher/Dal factor, the players will have to work even harder for these two....to debunk this theory as being the way to beat St Kilda.

I think Milera may thrive in the space of the G?

Milne as well may be able to enjoy a bit of space after some close attention at Etihad.

I'd like to see Gram sub when he returns, to help build fitness, and to backup Scotts own sentiments that no spots are givens anymore.

If he plays well, then into the 22 he goes (I still think he is easily best 22, but if Scott is trying to build a culture, it needs to be more than words)

Not expecting a big crowd for this one.

Talk of Sylvia coming in for the Demons this week, I'd still be surprised if they play Clark on the back of his near serious injury, but I guess they will plan for him anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if opposition coaches have taken note of the Fisher/Dal factor, the players will have to work even harder for these two....to debunk this theory as being the way to beat St Kilda.

I think Milera may thrive in the space of the G?

Milne as well may be able to enjoy a bit of space after some close attention at Etihad.

I'd like to see Gram sub when he returns, to help build fitness, and to backup Scotts own sentiments that no spots are givens anymore.

If he plays well, then into the 22 he goes (I still think he is easily best 22, but if Scott is trying to build a culture, it needs to be more than words)

Not expecting a big crowd for this one.

Sylvia might be fun for a bit of Dempstering.

Hear Rooey has a splitting headache from some unknown impact to his face, nothing some asprin, a slegehammer and an address won't fix.

You'd think Sylvia would be a tad underdone if he came in this week, so suitably should get the run around & rotated off if he does play to blow him up. Either way this is probably the game where we see if the three tall scenario actually can work or if as soon as the mark isn't taken it's as good as gone and we need to drop / rotate one of them to structure up better up forward.

So far this year I've been pleased with the balance the selection committee has had in deciding about how much to play new developing kids vs the old guard. Round 1, the old guard were played.... and with a loss, Ray and Peake were dropped... I don't want a retrograde step and these guys to be picked again (unless on the back of stellar and I mean stellar VFL form)... the issues over the next 5-10 games IMO are....

- when Gwilty is ready, does he come in as a straight swap for the Blake, or say a Newnes, and play him as a more attacking defensive player, so that we then have more options than just Sam Fisher, or BJ dropping back

- Gram.... whilst he has his knockers, is a decent AFL standard player and should come back in to the team when fit

- rotate more youngsters through.... for mine, on the back of the NAB Cup, Ledger and Siposs were certainly the equal of Newnes and Cripps.... so I'd like to see them play... we seriously need to develop some kids with composure under pressure and who are good kicks of the ball.... Siposs fits this category and should come in for one of the poor kicks in the team... for mine this means either Jones or Polo... I was impressed by the effort of both, but we need polish with the ball in hand.... neither of these guys have it...

- when Schneider comes back in, and if Milne's form does not pick, then IMO the bullet needs to be bitten and Milne dropped.... otherwise he's taking the place of a developing player like Milera or Siposs

This week....

OUT: Cripps, Newnes, Polo
IN: Siposs, Gram, Ledger

Next few weeks
OUT: Blake, Milne
IN: Gwilt, Schneider

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Koschitzke, St Kilda, has been charged with a Level two striking offence against Zac Dawson, Fremantle, during the first quarter of the round Four match between St Kilda and Fremantle, played at Etihad Stadium on Friday April 20, 2012.

In summary, due to his previous poor record, his one-match sanction must remain at one game, even with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Fremantle Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and one-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of six matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 50 per cent to 187.50 points. He also has 53.13 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 240.63 points and a two-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 180.47 points and a one-match sanction.

I missed it, was it truly bad...or just a bit of theatre?

Did Freo seriously give a bad medical report for it? :eek:

Anyways. Will be interesting who comes in for him, and will say a bit about what Scott feels about things moving forward.

Does he go with Wilkes or Siposs?

Does he go with Wilkes or Siposs?

If Siposs gets a game before Wilkes then there is something terribly wrong with our selection panel. Siposs is not playing as a forward in VFL, Beau Wilkes is and has kicked 10 goals in 3 matches (about 15 goals in 4 if you include practice matches!)

He is the inform & quite possibly one best forwards currently in VFL.

If Siposs gets a game before Wilkes then there is something terribly wrong with our selection panel. Siposs is not playing as a forward in VFL, Beau Wilkes is and has kicked 10 goals in 3 matches (about 15 goals in 4 if you include practice matches!)

He is the inform & quite possibly one best forwards currently in VFL.

Not following how it makes the selection panel wrong?

They may want to try two talls and a medium, they may want to give another kid an opportunity given Beau is 26....

Wilkes may very well come in, but why would it be wrong if it was Siposs, or even Ledger with Gilbert going forward?

Lots of scenarios, and I reckon it gives a bit of insight into Scotts development strategy.

Really?

Is that normal for something like that, or did Freo impact the result with a negative response?

Yep every case they investigate the club must provide a medical report.

Not following how it makes the selection panel wrong?

They may want to try two talls and a medium, they may want to give another kid an opportunity given Beau is 26....

Wilkes may very well come in, but why would it be wrong if it was Siposs, or even Ledger with Gilbert going forward?

Lots of scenarios, and I reckon it gives a bit of insight into Scotts development strategy.

Because Scott has said on numerous times he will reward good form and Wilkes is the only one who has been in great form all year in VFL (apart from Curren who cant play yet)

Just saying if we dont reward good form how is it any different to under Ross Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back