Unofficial Preview Round 5 v Richmond - The Greatest Streak of All - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Ron Barassi is responsible for everything that has gone wrong with Melbourne - and the whole competition for that matter - since he turncoated to Carlton.
Nice bloke, Ron, but he's to blame for everything.
Seriously, what makes you say that?

Yep fair call, im glad you see that as a win because i surely wouldn't.

What is a win for you?

Winning the flag? Or do you just arbitrarily set an oddly placed line to suit your argument?

We have the burden of 37 years since our last flag, but I bear up to it knowing we've won 5 in my lifetime...

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Seriously, what makes you say that?
Basically because I'm a s**t-stirring bantering campaigner at heart but, really, if you were around in those days, it was like an atomic bomb.
S'pose it's all commonplace now.
Your team hero today is your deadly enemy tomorrow.
Still, everything's different when it comes to players getting paid and club-player loyalty.
No disrespect to Ron. Somebody was going to do it sooner or later. Just a blow that it was him.

Basically because I'm a s**t-stirring bantering campaigner at heart but, really, if you were around in those days, it was like an atomic bomb.
S'pose it's all commonplace now.
Your team hero today is your deadly enemy tomorrow.
Still, everything's different when it comes to players getting paid and club-player loyalty.
No disrespect to Ron. Somebody was going to do it sooner or later. Just a blow that it was him.
It's nice to know that even in his 80s RDB is still a Demon at least.

Meanwhile, your mob fires your club legends as coach and thus have them refuse to support you for 15 years...

This thread reeks of the new neighbours next door trying to impress us society types with their brand new, fully-loaded commodore.
I dare say we should take the Range Rovers up country for a nice drive to a winery for the weekend, and then arrive for our beer in a glass in the MCC on Monday night.

This thread reeks of the new neighbours next door trying to impress us society types with their brand new, fully-loaded commodore.

Trouble is, you're the ones who had to move out to Pakenham, while we're still at our traditional home.

Trouble is, you're the ones who had to move out to Pakenham, while we're still at our traditional home.

Dear boy, it's merely a profit sharing arrangement with a landed gent in the country for half the weej. Good bit o' business... plus it shaves 45 minutes off the trip to Baw Baw.

Oh and by the way, it's Crimebourne, not Pakenham.

Dear boy, it's merely a profit sharing arrangement with a landed gent in the country for half the weej. Good bit o' business... plus it shaves 45 minutes off the trip to Baw Baw.

Oh and by the way, it's Crimebourne, not Pakenham.

You're telling me you've sunk so far you now go to Baw Baw? For shame!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
What is a win for you?

Winning the flag? Or do you just arbitrarily set an oddly placed line to suit your argument?

We have the burden of 37 years since our last flag, but I bear up to it knowing we've won 5 in my lifetime...

I think most people would consider a premiership as a win.

I was actually agreeing with you, you were better than us....everyone was better than us in 2013. I just find it funny you think that simply making the finals was a great result because there were 10 teams worse off than you.

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
It's nice to know that even in his 80s RDB is still a Demon at least.

Meanwhile, your mob fires your club legends as coach and thus have them refuse to support you for 15 years...
I don't like him any more than you do. Just a shock jock now, as far as I'm concerned. He took that scandal monger's side against Dusty.

TheGateKeeper

Debutant
May 24, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I await the second coming of the real messiah in Richard Tambling! forget hayzues and his three day hide and seek bender! When will you return Richard...your acolytes await you and your dodgy upper lip hair!

I think most people would consider a premiership as a win.

I was actually agreeing with you, you were better than us....everyone was better than us in 2013. I just find it funny you think that simply making the finals was a great result because there were 10 teams worse off than you.

Where did I say it was a great result?

I'm just not embarrassed about having been knocked out of finals in the elim, when that still puts us ahead of the 10 teams that didn't make it.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Where did I say it was a great result?

I'm just not embarrassed about having been knocked out of finals in the elim, when that still puts us ahead of the 10 teams that didn't make it.

Getting knocked out in the the Elimination final isn't anything to be embarrassed about, more so the fact that the team that couldn't make finals on their own merit knocked you out.

Anyway I think we are going to have a seriously good game on our hands come Monday night.

Getting knocked out in the the Elimination final isn't anything to be embarrassed about, more so the fact that the team that couldn't make finals on their own merit knocked you out.

Anyway I think we are going to have a seriously good game on our hands come Monday night.

They were the 8th best legal team...They made it on merit. That you win an Olympic Gold medal because the 'original' medalist was on drugs doesn't mean you didn't win.

But yeah, should be a good game, but the pub I'll be watching from has a Melbourne supporting friend/publican, so I hope you'll excuse me if I'm hoping a little more than usual for a Richmond win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back