Captains Round 5 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty new to all this but wanted to try the captain's loophole. For example, VC on Grundy tonight and have Flynn who didn't get back in for GWS and they play before Gawn & Melbourne. Would I put the C on Flynn and move him to the field and put Gawn on the bench with the E?

Leave if Grundy goes huge or move Gawn back on field with the C before GWS plays...does that sound about right?

Pretty new to all this but wanted to try the captain's loophole. For example, VC on Grundy tonight and have Flynn who didn't get back in for GWS and they play before Gawn & Melbourne. Would I put the C on Flynn and move him to the field and put Gawn on the bench with the E?

Leave if Grundy goes huge or move Gawn back on field with the C before GWS plays...does that sound about right?

Be aware Flynn is an emergency. It’s unlikely but possible he could be the medical sub.

Can't decide between Macrae and Gawn as capitano

Macrae vs Suns =
1618565096525.png

Gawn vs Hawks =
1618565078936.png

I suppose I can't really go wrong lol

Macrae slightly safer it seems, both score history and durability

I really need Sharpie not to play this week otherwise I won't have a way to loop Macrae's VC score.
Parks out injured just gave me the loop for Macrae (VC) into Gawn (C) ......thankfully

GC Fyfe played too early to help me this week

Can't decide between Macrae and Gawn as capitano

Macrae vs Suns =
View attachment 1104112

Gawn vs Hawks =
View attachment 1104111

I suppose I can't really go wrong lol

Macrae slightly safer it seems, both score history and durability
Reckon they both go big. Probably won't be much in it. Would love to see a Dog's mid go huge to show it can be done with your boy Treloar there.

If I don't get a loop I'll be putting the C on Gawn though.

VC Macrae
C Gawn
Sharp in mids as loophole C

The only problem with this is relying on your Sunday rookies (e.g. Berry) to be picked, as by looping you are sacrificing your bench cover.

Don't really want to put McNeil or Scott on field ahead of Berry, but they have been selected to play and will be locked by the time the Sunday teams are announced.

Obviously will not alter my best 22 on field just to loop (defeats the purpose of trying to eek out a few extra captain points), but really have to think sometimes whether looping is worth it in some situations when you weigh up the rise of a potential donut.

Hmmmmm.............

Edit - other option is put E on Scott / McNeil, VC Macrae, then get to have a look at VC loop and bench loop scores before deciding whether to field Sharp (to get Macrae's score) or Berry (to get rid of Scott / McNeil's score)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be aware Flynn is an emergency. It’s unlikely but possible he could be the medical sub.
Why would anyone have a ruck as the med emg?

Leon Cameron, my bad, carry on!

How the * did the AFL in all their interfering, not interfere in the re-appointment of this useless campaigner!!!!

Why would anyone have a ruck as the med emg?

Leon Cameron, my bad, carry on!

How the fu** did the AFL in all their interfering, not interfere in the re-appointment of this useless campaigner!!!!
This. Or ....

Is it less unlikely, and more possible that Flynn might be a late in this afternoon?
Naming a ruck as an emergency is a weird choice. Unless you're worried the Mummy won't get out of bed. Or you're Leon Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back