U18 Champs Round 5 - Vic Metro vs Allies

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's Hugh Dixon going to go? 30-50?

He's been great the 2 games I've seen him play in

Needs to continue form back in Tasmania with Kingborough but potentially a 35-55 pick, more in the 40's.
Hasn't put a foot wrong. Just under 10 goals for the Champs, as well. Presents super well, kicking action is fluent and he can take a mark.
A lot to like, but needs to continue it. Be interested to see some testing results from him too, such as 20m and 2km TT, even agility wise.

Havent heard heaps about Zach Bailey.

Where is he likely to feature?

Can see him going from 30 onwards. His schoolboy stuff, here in SA, is much like his performance today. A real accumulator of the ball. Composure is fantastic when ball is in hand. He is around 180cm. Real midfielder, I would like to see him go forward and slots some goals for the back half of the season at both SANFL and Schoolboys football though. Will be watching him for sure.

My face that whole game:

giphy.gif

Hutchy Jnr

Where do you see Higgins going. Size could hold him back, but talent wise do you think his a top 10

That last quarter then was Higgins calling. Could argue best quarter of a player in the champs outside maybe a Rayner.
Ability is a top 10, Work rate is a top 10, Skills a top 10.
I currently have him off the back of that game in my top 10 rankings wise, obviously rankings are different to draft night though.
The height will hold him back i believe. Can see him going 12-20 though come November, although I could be wrong and if he carries form into the TAC Cup, can't see why he can't go top 10 but it would late (8,9,10)

That last quarter then was Higgins calling. Could argue best quarter of a player in the champs outside maybe a Rayner.
Ability is a top 10, Work rate is a top 10, Skills a top 10.
I currently have him off the back of that game in my top 10 rankings wise, obviously rankings are different to draft night though.
The height will hold him back i believe. Can see him going 12-20 though come November, although I could be wrong and if he carries form into the TAC Cup, can't see why he can't go top 10 but it would late (8,9,10)

Thanks Hutch. Basically told me what I expected.

So long as he slides to WC's first pick I'll be content

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to continue form back in Tasmania with Kingborough but potentially a 35-55 pick, more in the 40's.
Hasn't put a foot wrong. Just under 10 goals for the Champs, as well. Presents super well, kicking action is fluent and he can take a mark.
A lot to like, but needs to continue it. Be interested to see some testing results from him too, such as 20m and 2km TT, even agility wise.

How was the disposal into him ? Saw him live vs WA worked really hard took 1 big pack but was burnt by his teammates for the most of the game . The kicking in that game by both teams but the allies in particular was horrible

How was the disposal into him ? Saw him live vs WA worked really hard took 1 big pack but was burnt by his teammates for the most of the game . The kicking in that game by both teams but the allies in particular was horrible

He didn't get fantastic service for the whole championship, which in fact was probably good because he had to work to get his own ball. This showed off his pack marking ability and effort within the 50.
Imagine him with good service? Potentially just gets more shots on goal, and he rarely misses.
He got some okay service today through in Bailey at times and others.

The kicking this year in the champs efficiency wise was probably one of the worst we've had in a while. I could be wrong by saying that, but just a thought. The top % were great but the bottom % were worse. You could say the average was well below whats its been.
Kicking test at the combine shall be interesting

He didn't get fantastic service for the whole championship, which in fact was probably good because he had to work to get his own ball. This showed off his pack marking ability and effort within the 50.
Imagine him with good service? Potentially just gets more shots on goal, and he rarely misses.
He got some okay service today through in Bailey at times and others.

The kicking this year in the champs efficiency wise was probably one of the worst we've had in a while. I could be wrong by saying that, but just a thought. The top % were great but the bottom % were worse. You could say the average was well below whats its been.
Kicking test at the combine shall be interesting
Yeah thought the second half against SA the disposal was really poor and then again against WA. What I did like about him was the way he marshalled the fellow forwards and skills at ground level were good

slow
can only move in straight lines
can barely jump
undersized when in ruck
that would be bishops answer i am guessing- its mine
He showed some nice agility in some early games I watched. Not sure if the games I've seen him in he has just played out of his skin but as a key forward I havnt seen that many better at TAC level this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back