U18 Champs Round 5 - Vic Metro vs SA

Krex

Draftee
Jul 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Have to laugh at that muppet Mick Ablett trying to talk down Rankine. Saying height is more important like 182cm isn't fine for a 17 year old, and that his attitude is worse than other players, right before giving a perfectly humble post-match interview.

Rankine is pick #1 atm.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Have to laugh at that muppet Mick Ablett trying to talk down Rankine. Saying height is more important like 182cm isn't fine for a 17 year old, and that his attitude is worse than other players, right before giving a perfectly humble post-match interview.

Rankine is pick #1 atm.

Hard to see a club taking him ahead of Lukosius…..But yes, he's always been Top 3 in this draft.

Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pretty obvious he was chatted to after his last interview about saying where he wanted to play.

It did seem that way. The interviewer pressing on in it with, "Be honest" didn't help. I still would back myself to keep him if I had a top 5 pick and he was available. If Crows want him and/or Lukosious it's going to cost them.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It did seem that way. The interviewer pressing on in it with, "Be honest" didn't help. I still would back myself to keep him if I had a top 5 pick and he was available. If Crows want him and/or Lukosious it's going to cost them.
Yeah every team has to pick him where they rate him. He is the best talent to come through the draft in many years (doesnt mean he reaches his potential), so any club that passes over him for him then to turn out to be another Andrew McCloud will never live it down with their supporters or club boards.

Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah every team has to pick him where they rate him. He is the best talent to come through the draft in many years (doesnt mean he reaches his potential), so any club that passes over him for him then to turn out to be another Andrew McCloud will never live it down with their supporters or club boards.

Unless Crows have traded up there I don't see many teams willing to let them go. Probably not much point debating until the trade period because the go home threat can only carry so far and at the end of the day clubs will take the player they envision improving their club.
If I'm not mistaken at this point last year Cam Rayner was a bonafide Essendon supporter who would go back to Melbounre instantly so who really knows with people once they've been drafted to a club?

Back