MVP Round 5 Votes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Allen: star. Hands just so clean, kicked goals, chased and worked his backside off.
4. Gov. Patrolled really well. Needed him at his best, and he stood up as captain tonight. We missed Hurns leadership down back last week IMO but he took over.
3. Darling. Super man second quarter. But good all night, actually. Set up for 60 this year at this rate.
2. Reddo (congrats on 100 games for this great club).
1. Duggan. On another night he probably gets higher on the votes but his best game this year.

HM: Witho, Nic, Waterman (3 goal assists) Sheeds minute madness

Can anyone think of a player debuting for the eagles getting as many votes as Witherden?

Probably Sam Mitchell.... can't think of any others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Darling - thought he presented and had an impact all night, and that 4 goal quarter!
4 Nelson - can’t believe the lack of love for his performance on pendels and Sidebottom throughout the night. Blunted their impact, which went a long way to our win, reckon Simmo would have rated his game highly. Guthrie next week?
3 Allen - the heir apparent.We hopefully get to see this young man strut his stuff for us for 10+ years
2 Witherden - Takes the kicks others won’t, hope he continues to do this, even when it doesn’t come off. Defensive pressure was good as well, so has hopefully bought into the system.
1 Duggan - unfair to give 1 vote, but thought the others impact was more then duggans touches.

5. Oscar Allen
4. Jack Darling
3. Jack Redden
2. Jeremy McGovern
1. Jackson Nelson

No love for Rotham? I have not watched the replay, but I was surprised to see his stats - 15 marks IIRC - that's a big game.

No love for Rotham? I have not watched the replay, but I was surprised to see his stats - 15 marks IIRC - that's a big game.
He had a good game but so did other guys across the back. Duggan, Witherden, Gov were good. Even the others like Shep and Barrass were solid.

A lot of Rothams marks were the middle man in the move the ball across from side to side system.

Honestly, the 10th best in this match was more deserving of votes than the #1 from the week before. Just an anomaly in the system.

5. Nathan Vardy
4. Jack Darling
3. Oscar Allen
2. Liam Duggan
1. Jack Redden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back