Review Round 5 vs Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium (17.04.21 - 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Goldcoast-vs-Bulldogs.png

2021 AFL Season
Round 5
Gold Coast FC vs Western Bulldogs
Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
April 17th 2021 - 4:35pm Australian Eastern Standard Time

just talk​

Last edited:

I think we'll actually play ok at Marvel.

In saying that, I saw Tim English dominated the Lions today. Will be tough to match him and Steph...

Can't be worse than tonight.

Will watch again.

Will be interesting to see how Dee responds to tonight.

Running the same team back with minimal changes and expecting a better performance isn’t going to cut it anymore. It’s clear that how we are playing at the moment isn’t going to get us anywhere and a number of players in the 22 just aren’t up to it.

If we go with 1-2 ins/outs and no meaningful change, even I’m going to start asking questions.

Just watched the presser, Dew was blaming it on our butchering of the ball and our inability to hit easy targets under pressure which is definitely an issue, you would think Darcy goes out this week because that is all he seemed to do last night.

Thought Flanders was ok, and would like to see him get that spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the presser, Dew was blaming it on our butchering of the ball and our inability to hit easy targets under pressure which is definitely an issue, you would think Darcy goes out this week because that is all he seemed to do last night.

Thought Flanders was ok, and would like to see him get that spot.
It also is because of this stupid kick and wait system that the team is now playing? What’s wrong with fast, running ‘sexy’ football?

It also is because of this stupid kick and wait system that the team is now playing? What’s wrong with fast, running ‘sexy’ football?
absolutely right. we are 10 times more damaging playing a fast game style and only about twice as likely to make skill errors. I'm no mathematician but it seems as though the odds of scoring more goals then we cough up is higher.

Calling all Victorians!! You have no excuse to not be at the game next week making noise for the boys! Hope to see all of you there and some new faces behind the goals as well!
Yes I’ll be there! As a Victorian Sun member not sure if I can get access behind the goals though. Does anyone know? I know Away Sunscreamer could but not sure about the Vic Sun membership.

Yes I’ll be there! As a Victorian Sun member not sure if I can get access behind the goals though. Does anyone know? I know Away Sunscreamer could but not sure about the Vic Sun membership.

You used to be able to just sit behind the cheer squad because it was a GA area pre covid but unsure how it works now but with crowds suspected to goto 100% capacity this week after the recommendations from national cabinet on Friday things will change again.. may have to contact Ticketmaster and ask how to get tickets in that bay

Nothing to lose in this one and no one expects us to even get close. Might be a good opportunity to rest some guys and/or blood some younger kids. Wouldn't be totally opposed to playing Alex Davies and Joel Jeffrey in this game.

I’m a Victorian sun as well and just used to scan my membership in and then go sit behind the goals, I’m not sure how we secure tickets behind the goals this year, I’m going to call the club tomorrow to find out how to go about it.

I’m a Victorian sun as well and just used to scan my membership in and then go sit behind the goals, I’m not sure how we secure tickets behind the goals this year, I’m going to call the club tomorrow to find out how to go about it.
Same. That is exactly what I've done when I've been a Victorian Sun. Let me know what the club says.

Not sure how the reserves went on the weekend but feel like atkins will come in. His foot skills are what we desperately need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back