Review Round 5 vs Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium (17.04.21 - 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Darcy surely has to go. Just not outputting enough offensively.

Very happy with Corbett and Farrar. Question marks on why it's taken so long for us to play Corbett but now he's in.

Luko looked back to his old self coming off half back and slicing through them. Should stay down there.

Lemmens and Ballard in next week for Harbrow and Darcy.

Dogs are no joke. Even when we pressured them they just had guys there to support. They're a really good side. Our mids don't usually get hammered like that but they just have so many elite midfielders. Weight of numbers got us there. We have Touk, Ellis and Hugh that can compete in there. Swallow, Weller and the rest just aren't at that level.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As expected, we got absolutely obliterated in midfield. I can't remember one team to have close to double clearances. WB were also better in contest for the most of the game. Their had-balling is not human. I wish Sweet was our back up ruckman. At the moment, WB look primed for GF but it's still a long season to go.

It looks like people are warming up to Corbett :)

How about Farrar. A pleasant surprise. Especially his cool under pressure, kick, speed, hard at contest.

Luko made some unbelievable kicks. Back to his better performances.

With Ballard and Lemmens back, can we beat Swans? I will be there cheering (with probably 4-5K SUNS fans if we are lucky).

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ainsworth continuing to miss every single shot to the right - always slicing off his foot - yet his kicking style where he swings his leg across it instead of everything in a straight line like King does has never changed.

Coaching got to be somewhat accountable for this.

Yes.. I spent 10 minutes doing this.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 7.57.36 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 8.11.38 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 8.01.21 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 8.01.21 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 8.01.21 pm.png
    157 KB · Views: 35

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Obviously we're all very disappointed but I don't think people are giving the Bulldogs' quality enough credit. They legitimately look like they're heading towards the flag this season and we dominated them in the third quarter. We need to find a way to play the way we did in the third quarter for more than just a quarter or a half. That's what is really holding us back right now. Too inconsistent to close out a win against bottom 12 teams or give ourselves a chance against top 4 teams.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We need charlie Dixon forward Steven may down back 🤣

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
Hey gents,

You probably don't want to hear from me but here it is:

I honestly wish you guys the best and hope you even have battle for the top 8. Really had me worried in the 3rd qtr.

Just watched Dew's press conference and this guy is nothing but class. You guys should be happy to have an honest, realistic, and humble coach.

GCS are becoming my favourite second team real quick. Hopefully you can score the other King brother in the trade season and step it up next season too

Best of luck for the rest of the season

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey gents,

You probably don't want to hear from me but here it is:

I honestly wish you guys the best and hope you even have battle for the top 8. Really had me worried in the 3rd qtr.

Just watched Dew's press conference and this guy is nothing but class. You guys should be happy to have an honest, realistic, and humble coach.

GCS are becoming my favourite second team real quick. Hopefully you can score the other King brother in the trade season and step it up next season too

Best of luck for the rest of the season
Can we have Sweet? He had a great debut.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Of their first 11 goals 7 were kicked by their midfielders.

We don't have a single midfielder (bar Rowell and Anderson on potential) that are as good as any one of Bontempelli, Dunkley, Macrae, Treloar Liberatore or even Hunter. Bailey Smith is their worst mid and with us he'd be 2nd or 3rd best.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below

Me coming home after being out all day.

The first half sounded shithouse
The second half sounded way better.
Only a 10 goal loss, Better than what some were predicting
Doggy's contenders, We're crippled.
Hopefully, injury-free and reload for next week.

Anyone care to dispute?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back