Autopsy Round 5 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't agree more Macca. I mean, I thought Gray and Wines were better, but if Ebert had won Sportsbet would've turned my $5 into $90, so couldn't agree more.

Yep, had Ollie for the medal but the real story was the double burn I got from Robbie. Like to put a few small speculative bets on and had $10 on Casboult most goals at $36. At the 27 min mark of the last I was already counting my $360 when Robbie soccers one through to pull even. Still $180 is ok I thought. Then 2 mins later he slots through a beautiful set shot RIFOM to finish the match. He may as well have reached over the fence and taken the money from my wallet.

loved Sammy grays game last night. his physicality was great. couple times the smallest guy on the field put guys bigger than him on there arse.

his kicking was much better too.

loved the awareness to hand pass while still on the ground to TJ in the 3rd that end in a quick entry into fwd 50 and a goal.

just needs to work on making this happen weekly not monthly

Last edited:
Either that , or he's sad over his girlfriend , change of Club might do him good ?.

Yes , credit where its due , now just gotta wait for our skipper to do the same , but after last nights effort , infact the last 2 seasons , I reckon its past him.
Boak was in our best players last week...

Sam gray either plays in the middle or gets dropped. if we can't fit him into the mid for 90% of the game we bring a forward in.

has broady ever been tried on the HFF?
Broady is best utilised running from behind the ball IMO.

Third quarter, Hinkley finally plays Trengove up forward and rolls with the smaller defensive setup (why he didn't do this at the start is beyond me) and we dominate.

cf17d3adc2988439140a1b1139e279d8.jpg

Hamish and Hinkley combined to cost me. Sack em both.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fans slam AFL’s decision to fixture Carlton on Friday night after blowout against Port Adelaide
THE AFL’s fixturing for Friday night matches has been slammed by fans after a blowout at Adelaide Oval that saw Port Adelaide thump Carlton.
The Blues were a major disappointment as they fielded a young team that was no match for the Power, with the game effectively over five minutes into the third term.
More..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...e/news-story/6a5a4259d8a390a26cd95228185cf57c

Cant please them all :D
We got the 4 points

Ive been guilty of this in the past thanks mostly to Shimond being s**t for 4 years and being on friday night every second week last year.

but what to do they expect? a fixture is fixed. Fixed in October. When Carlton looked to be on the up and up and us nowhere.
on paper in October last year this looked like a decent match up. 6 months later and i genuinely think we are a contender for top 4 and they might be adding more cutlery to the cupboard at Ikon Park.

s**t happens suck it up. vic wingers. you have GWS v dogs from Canberra next week+ plus Tuesday footy this week leaving only 2 days with out footy.

The same. He also wore long sleeves in the most recent showdown on a balmy night, a gesture myself and those around me interpreted as some kind of "agh, it's only Port. I won't need to work too hard tonight to get the job done" troll.
I've always seen that as a way to stand out from the others. A hey look at me gesture. Like my s**t doesn't stink coz i'm s**t hot.
I pay VERY little attention to them and outside Betts Walker and Talia I couldn't even tell their other players. I don't even want to know Atkins
number coz deep down I ****en hate the little campaigner.

a few of Carltons last quarter goals were horrible turnovers while they had the flood going. Wingard cost us one with a centreing pass that went straight to a Carlton player he clearly didnt see.

Yes , credit where its due , now just gotta wait for our skipper to do the same , but after last nights effort , infact the last 2 seasons , I reckon its past him.
Well aren't you a wet blanket.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gray a few better set shots and a umpiring fingering away from literally kicking 10.
Ebert 14 tackles > Murphy 0.
Like JT in the forward 50. Not only contests the air but a beast at ground level.
Chad looking good with more midfield time.

The thing still quirks me. When they full press and flood up to our defensive 50. Instead of having 1 on 1's through the middle of the ground, can't we just park RGray in the goal square. He's going to drag someone with him. Guy is a menace in any 1v1 yet alone at the mouth to goal.

The other thing that is evident is the benefit of a reserves team. Guys like Houston, Clurey, Amon, DBJ , Johnson who have played together at the Magpies know how each other plays and where they run. So they come into the team and fit seamlessly.

And I have smiled a couple of times in recent weeks when one of them has been in a bit of push and shove the first one in has been a sanfl team mate. Oh and SPP who just wants to fight ******* everybody :D

With Amon, Polec, Broady and now AJ delivering it inside 50, we're really starting to get some class ball users playing very well.
Something i think we've all been screaming for over the last 2 years, and man is it pleasing to watch.

Carlton scored more points in the last quarter (26) than they did for the previous three (21).

That last quarter was the disappointment for mine. But I guess we shut down since we only had 84 interchanges plus Boak on the bench for half the game. We literally played at 75%.

Carlton threw the game book away and just ran ahead of the ball and hoped for the best. It came off a few times but is unsustainable football. And we still piled on 6 even with the disadvantaged R Gray playing forward (#nonecknoback).

It reminded me of playing Ross Lyon coached teams in our dark ages - a few twitches before life was extinguished. Except we also have attacking flair. ;)

Fans slam AFL’s decision to fixture Carlton on Friday night after blowout against Port Adelaide
THE AFL’s fixturing for Friday night matches has been slammed by fans after a blowout at Adelaide Oval that saw Port Adelaide thump Carlton.
The Blues were a major disappointment as they fielded a young team that was no match for the Power, with the game effectively over five minutes into the third term.
More..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...e/news-story/6a5a4259d8a390a26cd95228185cf57c

Cant please them all :D
We got the 4 points
Oh right, but perennial underachievers like Collingwood deserve unlimited Friday night games. Ummm, OK......

4 of the 5 so called `red hot ' crers supporters I know, have never been to a game, and never been a member, but they love the tingles coz their South Australian. :rolleyes:
Come on '54: it's a big year for the 19th man. They're celebrating 19 years since they last played in a grand final - join in the celebrations.

The first half, bar the opening 10-15 mins of the game, was very, very average. Strong second half though despite the poor conversion in the third quarter.

Really like Wingard playing more in the midfield and Trengove up forward to provide another tall target. Ollie and Ebert were fantastic in the middle and Impey was electrifying in the second half (still needs to improve his kicking though).

Also, loving the look of how our defence is shaping up... Hombsch (hope he's back for the WC game in R7), Clurey, Jonas, Pittard, Hartlett, Houston and DBJ. Austin waiting in the wings too.

Very happy with the performance. We did what we had to do and that was win and win big. We put the foot on the throat early, responded to their minor challenge and then steamrolled them in the second half to win by close to a triple figure margin.

Thought we had winners pretty much everywhere.

Wines was a monster again. He's a top 10 midfielder in this competition at the moment.

Ebert continued his good start to the season.

Polec was exceptional. He's more or less back to his 2014 form now. Such a key player for us.

Wingard had some great moments in the midfield.

Houston and DBJ, such a tough and composed half back pairing. We are going to get 200 games out of both of these guys and they will form a really strong foundation for our back line moving forward.

Thought Amon was outstanding. Played just about the perfect wingman's game. His challenge now is to replicate that performance under greater pressure from better teams.

R.Gray obviously superb albeit wasteful.

Thought Young had some really good moments too. His hands under pressure and ability to evade an opponent are second to none, as is his finishing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back