My development squad after the bye would be:

Williams McKay Crocker
Pittard Tarrant Murphy
Polec Cunnington Scott
Taylor Larkey Higgins
Ziebell Brown Thomas

Goldstein LDU Anderson

Dumont Walker Zuuhaar Watson

We will cop some almighty beltings, but you need to go backwards to go forward and we need to see if some of these guys can cut it in the big time?

How does the ******* captain go into hiding and registers the worst stats, meanwhile Jed goes in and tally's 10 tackles?

What the absolute ****?

I think Ziebells time as captain is also quickly coming to a close.

I'd honestly put Jed in as captain ahead of him at this rate.

Developing kids is sometimes throwing them in the deep end to see if they can swim.

As I say that Pruess has just kicked a great goal outside of 50. The same guy Brad didn’t deem worthy of game time even when Goldy was struggling.

Playing them in our current VFL structure isn’t going to develop them, it looks as big a shambles as the AFL team.

They don’t all have to play at once, but after the bye there should be a real focus on removing the plodders we have and giving game time to these kids.

My development squad after the bye would be:

Williams McKay Crocker
Pittard Tarrant Murphy
Polec Cunnington Scott
Taylor Larkey Higgins
Ziebell Brown Thomas

Goldstein LDU Anderson

Dumont Walker Zuuhaar Watson

We will cop some almighty beltings, but you need to go backwards to go forward and we need to see if some of these guys can cut it in the big time?

Hall?

Before we capitulated in the last, the backline was doing a sensational job blocking attack after relentless attack until the likes of Tipungwuti and co eventually got away from a very tired Ats, Scooter, Tarrant etc. They got absolutely slaughtered by the numbers coming in.

It pains me to see so few individuals get into their opponents in the middle in comparison to the fallen soldiers at the back. Pittard and Ats double teamed Tippa, Daniher was being pushed around by Scooter and Taz before all hell broke loose. The backline held their ground remarkably well from what I could recall.

The issue I have is midfielders not building a wall or organising a 1v1 or contested structure to stop overlapping play to develop. *Essendon wanted fast pace to avoid the contests we love, but in order to do that, they have to give and play on. Where was the pressure to clog the rebounds? Where was the perceived pressure? We never had control of the game. It was hope for *Essendon to miss and hope we score type s**t.

That's not the North I grew up watching. No heart, no accountability and no desire to win.

The season is probably out of reach to even consider salvaging. With so many issues still being exposed and ignored, it will be a long year for those that still have faith. My belief has been stretched far too long.

There are zero positives to take out of that game. Besides the individuals that turned up and did their best, there was no spirit and no confidence from player to player.

Interesting to see JZ first to the middle to comfort the young one, did he get his boys pumped for the contest before heading over? Were the players confident before the first bounce?

I really want answers from the team. They need to speak up, it's their football career on the line.

Who is next is line?

Taz?

Wouldnt he only be captain for like 2 years at best? Hard to say how much longer Robbie can go on and also be the player that lifts the team on game day during crucial moments which requires a certain level of physicality and skill.

I would keep him in the leadership team, but honestly I'd go with a captain that will embody the next team going forward after the Scott era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnt he only be captain for like 2 years at best? Hard to say how much longer Robbie can go on and also be the player that lifts the team on game day during crucial moments which requires a certain level of physicality and skill.

I would keep him in the leadership team, but honestly I'd go with a captain that will embody the next team going forward after the Scott era.
Give it to Anderson. When he witnessed lack of pressure from his teammates, he gave them some serious stern looks. There was one play on the wing where Jed tackled (their ruckman?) and when he got up he just shrugged off any support from his teammates. When Anderson, someone that has just come back, knows there are issues with other players not giving their all and ok with it. That's what really gets me upset.

There was also another play where Cunners was on the wing, the ball came towards him, he let his opponent get front position and mark with little contest. I let him know about it, and the next thing you know he works hard to get one his way in the middle. Why do our players do lazy s**t in crucial areas? If I had not yelled at Cunners' weak effort, had he have redeemed himself to go into the middle to help out?

I care about this club so much it kills to see complacency and lack of responsibility.

Developing kids is sometimes throwing them in the deep end to see if they can swim.

As I say that Pruess has just kicked a great goal outside of 50. The same guy Brad didn’t deem worthy of game time even when Goldy was struggling.

Playing them in our current VFL structure isn’t going to develop them, it looks as big a shambles as the AFL team.

They don’t all have to play at once, but after the bye there should be a real focus on removing the plodders we have and giving game time to these kids.

I dont know if he could ruck enough for us not to carry a second ruck, which leave he and Goldie playing meaning 1 has to play significant forward minutes. Which leads us to Brown, its far from ideal have 2 players that cant (as much as they may try) greatly impact the forward pressure. Id bet if we didnt have Brown then Pruess wouldve played plenty.

I'd love to see the GPS stats of our midfielders and compare meters ran when we have the ball compared with when the opposition has it. Lot of blokes jogging and not putting in to get the ball back. We are a midfield of downhill skiiers.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Each time I read that stat re 12 players laying 1 tackle it just blows my mind. Absolutely appalling. No excuse for that. It’s an absolute joke.

Our players do not believe in Scott's game plan.

We need to play like we are an 80-100 tackle per game team instead of a 43 tackle team, we perform better from stoppages around the ground, it is our major source of scoring when we play well so we want stoppages. We want to stop the opposition taking uncontested marks so the kicker is under pressure when he kicks, makes it harder for him to hit a target with a kick we can't pressure the receiver. Everything hinges on that intent to pressure and tackle. That is instinctual with someone like Anderson, he only played 66% ToG but laid 10 effective tackles, without Anderson we would have had a Fremantle-esque 30ish tackle game. You can't give someone an Anderson, Archer or Pickett type of instinct, but you can get everyone to focus on that instead of ball watch, to run aggressively instead of waddle between the arcs.

Despite the evidence of last year where we pressured contenders and beat them quite comfortably, we refuse to be prepared to do the hard work because we never hold players accountable for slacking off so we now end up with team-wide efforts and you can't drop almost everyone. We have no on-field leadership and we don't have a good match day coach and based on the evidence a mediocre development and strategic coach.

This just isn't a winning formula. He should put a video up of the West Coast or the other good games from last year side by side with our pathetic efforts this year and he should ask the players who were here for both games why they aren't prepared to do what they did in those games.

Something has to give, either the players have to stick their hand up and say we need to shape up or ship out or else if they can't or wont perform for the coach he has to fall on his sword and say he can't get the players to execute the game plan. If nothing happens we will just fade into mediocrity like Carlton did when they let their players call the show.

I can understand the frustration of the fans, but that isn't the way to get change in a positive way. Everyone who wants something to change should just write to the board and say if nothing changes then we will have to make change at board level first as we can't go on as a club being this dysfunctional.

I can understand the frustration of the fans, but that isn't the way to get change in a positive way. Everyone who wants something to change should just write to the board and say if nothing changes then we will have to make change at board level first as we can't go on as a club being this dysfunctional.
While I don’t agree with the method, it did attract media attention.

The more attention the issue gets can only be seen as a good thing, because to date Brad has had the luxury of us having a low media profile.

If you look at them walking off the ground after the defeats, they look shell shocked.

They don't understand why everything is breaking down.

Most of them are busting their guts, but it's not even close to paying off.
View attachment 658696
Saw this on reddit... not what I would like to see.

A bloke showing up with a few flyers would not have rattled them, it's the comments emanating from here that would have done that, and rightly so! Don't believe for a minute that comments aren't read, and the tone of the members isn't gauged from here. They might not all read what's posted here, but they do discuss it.

The players would know that most of the criticism is not levelled against them or their efforts, but there is the mood of murderous intent emanating towards the administration and football department.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back