Review Round 5 2020 vs Hawthorn @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

How much time does Green have when he’s got the ball? It’s amazing, especially for a first year player. Time stops when he’s got the ball in his hands.

Ash has made a lot of mistakes but honestly, he is going to be an absolute jet. I’m sue of it.

Awesome games from Himmelberg (much needed), and Finlayson. Whitfield sloppy at times but what an engine, just keeps going.

Defence stood tall, Corr, Haynes, even Shaw excellent. Perryman’s good year continues. Kelly’s best game of the season too.

Some excellent games across the park. As noted above, HH & TOJ played really well - not only kicking goals, but around the ground as well. Jezza playing quite well around the ground, not really playing that great as a goalkicker, but not nearly as badly as some would say. Cogs & Kelly were much better today. Perryman continued his stellar year, and Haynes was magnificent. Others had solid games. Keeffe was solid - but I'm not that much of a fan and prefer Sam Taylor (even though Sam is a bit down on form this year). Not sure why Sheridan got a game - he certainly didn't do anything and we should have included Caldwell instead of Tommy. If Cal Ward is back next week, it will be interesting whether he replaces Dan Lloyd (who was solid) or Sheridan. Good game, also nice to see were weren't pummeled by the umps. Maybe CLarkson's comments backfired on him?

That was a great watch. I was nervous leading into the fourth but we didn't put the cue in the racks early for a change.

Ash was touted as being clean by foot. 3 kicks, 3 clangers. Despite that, I do like the look of him. I’d like to seen him persisted with.

I love his ability to take on the defence with his speed and agility. Definitely can break it open a bit.

Perryman sure knows how to get the ball. I really like how far he has come into his own this season

I was shocked to get home and see 28 possessions to him. Didn't even notice him out there but he obviously just kept getting it.

Daniels earned at least a couple of goals by sheer force of will forcing the ball forward from midfield. I love that kid.

Cogs was better, using in close handballing instead of constant kicking.

We looked so much better when we drew the man and gave a short handball to someone running past, it allowed us to kick far enough to clear the zone. Most of our goals came from these little set plays.

The defensive chipping in the back 50 was frequently a disaster waiting to happen.

The umps definitely hurt Hawthorn more than us. They were awful in general, but we got a few more lucky non-HTB calls (for example) than would usually be the case.

Some excellent games across the park. As noted above, HH & TOJ played really well - not only kicking goals, but around the ground as well. Jezza playing quite well around the ground, not really playing that great as a goalkicker, but not nearly as badly as some would say. Cogs & Kelly were much better today. Perryman continued his stellar year, and Haynes was magnificent. Others had solid games. Keeffe was solid - but I'm not that much of a fan and prefer Sam Taylor (even though Sam is a bit down on form this year). Not sure why Sheridan got a game - he certainly didn't do anything and we should have included Caldwell instead of Tommy. If Cal Ward is back next week, it will be interesting whether he replaces Dan Lloyd (who was solid) or Sheridan. Good game, also nice to see were weren't pummeled by the umps. Maybe CLarkson's comments backfired on him?
Sheridan's role was a bit puzzling. He spent considerable time in the midfield and had little to no impact on the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheridan's role was a bit puzzling. He spent considerable time in the midfield and had little to no impact on the game.
In duck hunting they call his role the decoy, maybe they thought it would work for Hawks also??

That was a great watch. I was nervous leading into the fourth but we didn't put the cue in the racks early for a change.

I love his ability to take on the defence with his speed and agility. Definitely can break it open a bit.

I was shocked to get home and see 28 possessions to him. Didn't even notice him out there but he obviously just kept getting it.
A lot of very important touches too. Terrific performance.

Strange selection..he wasn't terrible, but didn't offer much

How good was it to be back at the Footy!!!

Highlight was the crowd when Toby got his free kick - absolutely went off. Good to see.

Enjoyed that. Good to be back.

100% now that there is some type of crowd there was a little bit of a buzz about it

Agree when both Toby got a free and Mummy kicked the goal was fantastic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back