Autopsy Round 5 vs St Kilda, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 16th April, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints are good and we're playing them at home, and we haven't been embarrassed.

We're getting there.
This was the best we could hope for today I reckon
You wouldn't say it was close though
They've had our measure all day
We're still at the stage where if we don't bring white hot intensity we're likely to fail

Happy to draft a pure forward next year we are missing a few of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he works harder than just about anyone on the ground when you're there live
It's possible he works too hard off the ball though and is blown when he actually needs his jets when the ball's in our forward line

Maybe works hard in bursts but after half time his impact not impressive.. compared to someone like a McCarthy or Bailey from lions very inconsistent

This loss is a little bit flattering for us as the Saint out worked us for most of the day. unfortunately that also means that the Dew defenders will come out to say oh it’s not that bad.

It may not be a popular topic but I think a decision needs to be made we have been treading water for five years now.

For those of you that defend our progress, you are entitled to your opinion I would just point to the Melbourne Demons which were as bad as us not that long ago now there is an absolute chasm between us and them in terms of results, player development and game plan.

Hollands should get a crack. Probably swap with Davies.

Burgess (6 goals in the VFL) could come in for Chol, who was taken off injured. Day also an option.
This loss is a little bit flattering for us as the Saint out worked us for most of the day. unfortunately that also means that the Dew defenders will come out to say oh it’s not that bad.

It may not be a popular topic but I think a decision needs to be made we have been treading water for five years now.

For those of you that defend our progress, you are entitled to your opinion I would just point to the Melbourne Demons which were as bad as us not that long ago now there is an absolute chasm between us and them in terms of results, player development and game plan.
Their recruitment of key players certainly helped. Same with Calrton. We haven’t been able to get the big fish big Melbourne clubs get, even when they suck.

Disappointing performance, but to be expected from this team.

Once again no plan B in the middle once we start losing the clearances. If Holland isn’t in next week I will be shocked. Desperately need a point of difference as Fioirini and Dave is just more of the same and Davies is probably due a spell.

Worst performance I think I have seen from the forward group (outside Rosas who tried). Genuinely disgusting.

Defensive group alright all things considered, but Lemmens letting Higgins kick 5 on you, cmon :$

Our inability to execute simple skills once again our down fall, but can’t say it’s a surprise at this point.

Not defending Dew but Melbourne have a much older and experienced playing group compared to us.
Their best players are in that 26-30 bracket. Premiership teams are always like that. We need the Rowells, Andersons, Kings to get to the 100 game mark.

Midfield absolutely hammered today out of the middle. It's so hard to know what we're going to get. Up one week, down the next, then up, then down. Just need to start driving some consistency. I guess that's what happens when you have Anderson & Rowell as two of your starting mids - both have potential but both so young. Fiorini should really be spending more time in this setup as he's proven in that role, rather than the wing role he's in now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back