Autopsy Round 5 vs West Coast - what did you learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

We dominated the game after the 1st quarter, kick straighter and we would've belted them by even more. Pretenders away from home the wiggles.

We are better than last year

Ted is still great playing 3rd tall or loose defence

Mcglynns gap between best and worst is big and you can see both extremes in one day

Papley has heart

Stark difference in playing wet football compared to Dogs last year. Hit it long, go to contests, get it forward at every opportunity. I was worried that our defence would struggle when our midfield weren't giving us enough midfield movement, but Richards and Grundy in particular were absolutely dominant. Sort of helps when they kept bombing it in.

I'd really like to see Jones come in for McGlynn. As much as he tries, I think that we can't have him, Papley and Hewitt in the same team.

Great game and well played across the board. Tippet beat Nik Nat in the end and that's something.

Lloyd, robbo and hewett deserve their places, all had solid games. Clearly better options than Towers.

Heeney could be better utilised but meh, he is special and has time

Ted still has life left

Papley is fun to watch and a keeper

We can beat top 8 teams and beat them well

Stark difference in playing wet football compared to Dogs last year. Hit it long, go to contests, get it forward at every opportunity. I was worried that our defence would struggle when our midfield weren't giving us enough midfield movement, but Richards and Grundy in particular were absolutely dominant. Sort of helps when they kept bombing it in.

I'd really like to see Jones come in for McGlynn. As much as he tries, I think that we can't have him, Papley and Hewitt in the same team.

Great game and well played across the board. Tippet beat Nik Nat in the end and that's something.
I like to bash fatanui as much as the next guy, but he well and truly beat tippo today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 : Stood up when counted

2 : Lloyd needs to clean up his disposal if he wants to play that outside/winger role , also needs to get involed more

3: Papley just kept going and didn't drop his head after a few miss kicks , great going

4 : Grundy gave Kennedy a bath

5 : Hanners rarely has a bad game , super cconsistant

lloyd and robinson had their cameos when the game was won. hewett made a difference when the game was on the line in that he completely turned the tables on mgovern.

buddy is a great player but he is not the best decision maker when trying to set up others.

papley was really good again. as were hanners and jpk.

some of sinclairs efforts were pathetic.

Great team effort guys. A thrashing in those conditions. Should have been at least a 10 goal win, Grundy and Ted outstanding but the game was won at the clearances with our very quick hands to a player in a better position. Hewett received a football lesson in the first half but stuck to his guns and the better of his opponent in the 2nd half. Kicked an important goal too. Hannebury BOG for mine, followed closely by Kennedy IMHO. Very soft charity free kick and goal to NicNat in the second quarterr, otherwise umps generally did a good job. Interesting that we were really at our most dominant in the 2nd quarter when it rained heavily. Like I said in the3 preview, we will be a much better side in wet conditions this year, particularly with Papley and mcGlynn buzzing around up forward.

Last edited:
Fantastic game today. A good opponent that I respect. No howlers of blunders from the Umps (not like last night). A win with some players surprising me & standing up.

1. Teddy & Grundy were HUUUUGE today. Teddy provided the highlights & both put lots of work in off the ball. Grundy is at his peak. Has a huge impact but you barely notice him, perfect compliment for a solid defender I reckon.

2. I really really like the combo of Tip/Sinkers/Buddy combined with Paps/Benny/Heeney. Paps & Benny in particular are an awesome addition & improve our fwd structure compared to last year IMO.

3. Hanners, Mitchell & JPK. F'n guns. Hanners was so hard at it today & JPK/Titch are combining very well thus far.

Super stoked. Super win.

Our fitness must really be up cause we always around the 80 mark, even this week with Laidler going down. Mind you if scores closer and it was constant line up for goals players might've felt fatigued.
Papley is what we've been missing for years and hope he stays there all year.
Mitchell foot disposal definitely improving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teddy showed that there's life left in his old legs.
Defence starting to click into gear and dealt with west coasts forward line superbly
Macca showed his class, reminding us of how important he is.
Sinkers showed us we got the better of the trade.
2015 was a down year, we've improved this year and are genuine top 4 contenders and a threat for the flag
Bring on hawthorn. We will absolutely crush them!
Papley kept working after a poor start and was rewarded, will take a lot out of this game imo
Benny showed that hes still a key part of the team.
Heeney looks lively and will eventually take mark of the year.
Parker, kennedy & hanners keep driving us forward. Kizza n mitchell contributing.
Lloys stepping into jettas role well, and is a great contributer.

Last edited:
1. Pappley personifies the bloods. You could tell he was playing for his spot and refused to give it up. Would love to see that from all our fringe players.

2. Jones has to come in.

3. Ted seems better this year. An awesome player.

4. The swans midfielder strategy is paying off. Thank you AFL for the rule changes that were designed to stuff as up, but have really let us soar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back