Unofficial Preview round 5 we have to play again sorry this time against richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s only R5 for these new players, surely we can at least give them a season before tearing them to shreds? s**t, we even gave Paul Chambers a dozen games!

I’m not as patient with recruits as I am with draftees.

And I’m still pissed off we let go of Towers and Robbo. Both honest battlers and hard runners. So maybe they were 27 and 28 on our playing list. So far, their replacements aren’t top 25.

Isn’t Jorse a better moniker
I’ve asked before and got no reply so I’ll try again.

I get the impression this nickname has something to do with someone from the world of soccer, a sport that I know nothing about other than that it is the diametric opposite of all that is great and good about the wonderful sport of Aussie Rules, and consequently of no interest to me whatsoever.

So can someone please explain the nickname to me?

And I’m still pissed off we let go of Towers and Robbo. Both honest battlers and hard runners. So maybe they were 27 and 28 on our playing list. So far, their replacements aren’t top 25.

I was not Admittedly both were never allowed to settle in a role. The ruck change rule would prolly have marked Deanos card anyway. Robbo was unable to transfer his NEAFL creativity to 1sts.

I’ve asked before and got no reply so I’ll try again.

I get the impression this nickname has something to do with someone from the world of soccer, a sport that I know nothing about other than that it is the diametric opposite of all that is great and good about the wonderful sport of Aussie Rules, and consequently of no interest to me whatsoever.

So can someone please explain the nickname to me?

Jose Mourinho who has coached soccer teams just about everywhere was famed for stacking his defence once they were 1-0 up. Horse stacks our D50 when we get a four goal lead. Hence the Jose nickname.

I’ve not seen a worst bunch of supporters in my life. I don’t often comment on here and usually love the insight, but the regulars on here seem to have lost there ability to support their team. Thank god none of you were in afghan with me when the chips were down. Pathetic!!
What do you want us to do? Hold hands and sing Abide With Me?

If you were in Afghanistan you’d understand that successfully emerging from a trying situation demands always taking a hard unflinching look at the realities of it. “Pip pip chaps, what ho! Once more unto the breach and all that rot” wasn’t going to cut it, was it?

We are in an awful rut and many posters have made a solid case that our coach’s game plan has for quite some time failed to evolve and adapt to a changing competition.

Sitting here typing “come on you Swannies, you can do it!” instead of realistically assessing our options and putting forward theories on how we can fix things isn’t going to help very much.

Just go to the game, you won’t have to listen to Jack s**t!
If only that were true.

Between Sweet Caroline, the moronic booming drivel through every second of every break from the “personalities” tasked with whipping up some “atmosphere” (thanks, but the game itself provides all the atmosphere I could ever want), and those infernal cardboard concertina clackers that just about destroy my hearing, there’s so much unnecessary s**t I have to listen to at the games these days that I’ve pretty much given up going, and BT’s inane ramblings are like the murmurs of a mountain stream by comparison.

Thanks AFL, Sydney Swans and the SCG Trust for pretty much destroying one of the abiding joys of my life.

Well good for you. You’re also not good at settling bets so maybe that’s sums up the type of person you are?

If only that were true.

Between Sweet Caroline, the moronic booming drivel through every second of every break from the “personalities” tasked with whipping up some “atmosphere” (thanks, but the game itself provides all the atmosphere I could ever want), and those infernal cardboard concertina clackers that just about destroy my hearing, there’s so much unnecessary s**t I have to listen to at the games these days that I’ve pretty much given up going, and BT’s inane ramblings are like the murmurs of a mountain stream by comparison.

Thanks AFL, Sydney Swans and the SCG Trust for pretty much destroying one of the abiding joys of my life.
We play at Marvel this week SBD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has won 47% of defensive one on one contested this year. Ranked 2nd out of the top 15 players that have defended a contest.
(Footy Live app)

So probably Aliir will need to do the job.
They have 1 key forward, play McCartin on Lynch and Aliir as a loose defender. Rampe can play on Martin when he rests down forward. We have the defence capable of shutting down their forwards

I’m aware of that. I can only speak for my local, the SCG, where the game day experience is being steadily ruined by misguided Americanisation.

Similar here. Marvel offers a less than marvelous experience, except when we win. Unfortunately I can't go to see us win v the Tigers. I'm feeling confident. Will watch on the tv with the sound off

Similar here. Marvel offers a less than marvelous experience, except when we win. Unfortunately I can't go to see us win v the Tigers. I'm feeling confident. Will watch on the tv with the sound off

The game day experience is really awful. And it's all contrived bullshit. Fair enough present the individual players at the Grand Final but at a H&A?

And that bloke with the mic.......FFS I feel like an umpire the way he yells at me constantly.

They have 1 key forward, play McCartin on Lynch and Aliir as a loose defender. Rampe can play on Martin when he rests down forward. We have the defence capable of shutting down their forwards

Possibly right.

At very least it gives us a little flexibility to mix it up (McCartin going forward) if it isn’t working.

Would love to see Rowbottom really contribute in the midfield (if played there) and show us what he can do. I know he’s only playing game #1 so our expectations can’t be too high and that’s fair, but it would be great for him to really be involved.
Influence would be too strong a word, I would just like to see him be part of it, come off the ground and know that he made a difference, even in a small way, and that had some presence, he’s not just being carried in the team.

That being said, even if he doesn’t get near it, his effort in his first year to debut so early is excellent, but I’d love after the game to look at his performance and know that we’ve got something to be excited about in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back