Unofficial Preview round 5 we have to play again sorry this time against richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Dusty roar back into form against us.
If Rampe takes Lynch, he'll give away 5 goals from free kicks alone.

Will Sinkers be fit?

In Mellican and Cor
Out McInerney and Thurlow

Mills to mid field.
McCartin forward.
Reid second ruck / swing man.

Let’s play to win.

In Mellican and Cor
Out McInerney and Thurlow

Mills to mid field.
McCartin forward.
Reid second ruck / swing man.

Let’s play to win.

I really hope we don't go back to Melican. Thought he stunk it up yesterday in the ressies. Needs a 6 week block there to rediscover how to play footy imho.

I'd keep McInerney in but instruct him and the team to use him better. I would ask why he was not given the ball when in the clear.

I would be happy to bring COR back instead of Thurlow. I would also give Blakey a rest for a couple of weeks and let him find some footy in the 2s. Rowyaboat must be close to selection.

I'd be pumped to see this side play on Saturday night:

McCartin - Rampe - Thurlow
Florent - Aliir - Cunningham
Jones - Parker - Lloyd
Heeney - Franklin - Hewett
Papley - Sinclair - Blakey
Cameron - Kennedy - Mills

Dawson - Rowbottom - Rose - O'Riordan

Not because I thought we were certainties to win (we'd be almost the exact opposite) but at least this side would tell me we have a direction as a club and we're not going to continue to labour under the premise that we're still good enough to be one of the best handful of sides in the comp or battle our way to an 8th place on the ladder finish for no real purpose.

And I'd tell Rose, O'Riordan and Cameron that they have 3-4 weeks without fear of being dropped. They have the security of around a month to fight for their permanent place in the side.

Last edited:
Hi all, I come in peace!

I didn't realise Sinclair could be an out for you, that would be a big loss I reckon. He has troubled us in recent times.

our banter thread is up for this weeks game, so if you feel like having a laugh and taunting us a bit you're more than welcome to head over :)

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/lloyd-from-45-to-win-the-game-hes-got-it.1215984/

best of luck for this week!
Us taunt you?? No no no... You watched us this year at all?? :straining::poo::$

(Cheers mate)

I'd be pumped to see this side play on Saturday night:

McCartin - Rampe - Thurlow
Florent - Aliir - Cunningham
Jones - Parker - Lloyd
Heeney - Franklin - Hewett
Papley - Sinclair - Blakey
Cameron - Kennedy - Mills

Dawson - Rowbottom - Rose - O'Riordan

Not because I thought we were certainties to win (we'd be almost the exact opposite) but at least this side would tell me we have a direction as a club and we're not going to continue to labour under the premise that we're still good enough to be one of the best handful of sides in the comp or battle our way to an 8th place on the ladder finish for no real purpose.

And I'd tell Rose, O'Riordan and Cameron that they have 3-4 weeks without fear of being dropped. They have the security of around a month to fight for their permanent place in the side.
Completely agree with this. I think the club and coaches know exactly where we are at but are keen on not tarnishing their record too much by playing the older/half injured players in order to not bottom out completely. I feel like these first 4 rounds has changed the perspective of the coaches and fans as well. Our focus needs to change to our younger batch of players to see who is capable of making that next step rather than focusing on winning so much.

Rose has to show us what he's got. Thurlow must stay in, not just because melican has been insipid, but he has done some good things and deserves a few games to prove he is at the standard. Blakey needs to head back to NEAFL tho and replaced by Mccartin because it's honestly pissed me off that he's been put in defence.

No point in bringing rowbottom in yet. Absolutely no benefit to playing him as a forward. And can't put an 18 year old out into the middle he'll get absolutely rinsed. He's not Walsh and we're not Carlton so no point. His time will come.

This year is make or break for dawson, rose, COR, melican, thurlow. If they don't show high quality AFL standard footy for a consistent period of time then goodbye, delist all at end of year. With the state of our list we have to be proactive and turnover any player who's not up to it. Can't afford to keep half arsed players or players who have shown 'potential' but struggle to tap into it.

Cameron in for Sinclair if injured.
Rowbottom in for Ronke.
COR in for McInerny.
Thurlow will be given another chance but if not they'll go for Melican who is our best big defender option.
I think though that Rampe will take Lynch.

We'll win this.
I'm very confident. Last week we suffered from a 5 day break after an interstate game.
Hewitt will take Dusty to the cleaners after a poor second half last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to watch this game with so much negativity, that way, whatever happens, can confirm my confirmation biases and I can have a massive entitled whinge on the internet.

To me footy is not about enjoyment, it's about proving to everyone else how much of a disenfranchised supporter I am.

Completely agree with this. I think the club and coaches know exactly where we are at but are keen on not tarnishing their record too much by playing the older/half injured players in order to not bottom out completely. I feel like these first 4 rounds has changed the perspective of the coaches and fans as well. Our focus needs to change to our younger batch of players to see who is capable of making that next step rather than focusing on winning so much.

Rose has to show us what he's got. Thurlow must stay in, not just because melican has been insipid, but he has done some good things and deserves a few games to prove he is at the standard. Blakey needs to head back to NEAFL tho and replaced by Mccartin because it's honestly pissed me off that he's been put in defence.

No point in bringing rowbottom in yet. Absolutely no benefit to playing him as a forward. And can't put an 18 year old out into the middle he'll get absolutely rinsed. He's not Walsh and we're not Carlton so no point. His time will come.

This year is make or break for dawson, rose, COR, melican, thurlow. If they don't show high quality AFL standard footy for a consistent period of time then goodbye, delist all at end of year. With the state of our list we have to be proactive and turnover any player who's not up to it. Can't afford to keep half arsed players or players who have shown 'potential' but struggle to tap into it.

I disagree with the bolded (everything else I pretty much agree with). I think Rowbottom can be as good as Worpel was last year for Hawthorn if given the opportunity to play meaningful midfield time.

I'm going to watch this game with so much negativity, that way, whatever happens, can confirm my confirmation biases and I can have a massive entitled whinge on the internet.

To me footy is not about enjoyment, it's about proving to everyone else how much of a disenfranchised supporter I am.

is it hard to remember to swtich log ins

It is weird but I did enjoy the Tigers' Premiership. Maybe it was because their Club had been shat on by other Melbourne Clubs and media for ages.

I am old enough to have loathed how Bartlett played. I blame him above all for the stuffing around with the rules every year (tho he is no longer on the rules of the game crew). For many years this influenced how I felt about the Tiges.

I do not believe he ever got over the then VFL changing the holding the ball rules that had advantaged him and had been avenging himself ever since.

Still at games I do not find the Tiger fans to be offensive. Maybe I'm just lucky and always find amusing Tiger chatterboxers.

It is weird but I did enjoy the Tigers' Premiership. Maybe it was because their Club had been shat on by other Melbourne Clubs and media for ages.

I am old enough to have loathed how Bartlett played. I blame him above all for the stuffing around with the rules every year (tho he is no longer on the rules of the game crew). For many years this influenced how I felt about the Tiges.

I do not believe he ever got over the then VFL changing the holding the ball rules that had advantaged him and had been avenging himself ever since.

Still at games I do not find the Tiger fans to be offensive. Maybe I'm just lucky and always find amusing Tiger chatterboxers.
Yeah well out of all the vic clubs Richmond is certainly at the bottom of the list when it comes to hate from Swans fans I would’ve thought.

I disagree with the bolded (everything else I pretty much agree with). I think Rowbottom can be as good as Worpel was last year for Hawthorn if given the opportunity to play meaningful midfield time.
Fair point, i definitely won't be disappointed if we pick him, i just don't think he'll be played in his actual position.

Fair point, i definitely won't be disappointed if we pick him, i just don't think he'll be played in his actual position.

That is an important insight. It would not have have been one that came easily. Kudos!!

i'd go:
cameron in for mcartin
o riordan in for thurlow

rampe - allir - mills
lloyd - o riordan - jones
florent - hewitt - cunningham
dawson - franklin - heeney
parker - reid - ronke
sinclair - kennedy - papley

IC: blakey - cameron - jack - mcinerney

with jones and heeney to rotate through the midfield
and sinclair to rotate through forward line if fit