Unofficial Preview round 5 we have to play again sorry this time against richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this one might be a bit of an ugly game to watch. Both sides either have quality missing or underdone players, and neither are in good form despite the Tigers winning last week.

Our skills have been atrocious we just were great in the contest, meanwhile Swans dont look threatening in attack, a little one dimensional with Buddy not at his best.

It just adds up to being a low scoring ugly game to watch and I think it could go either way depending on which team capitalised on their minimal clear chances.

Cat A Rookies can player senior football without needing to be promoted to the senior list
Cat B Rookies need to be promoted to the senior list via a player going on to the Long Term Injury List

We have two Cat B rookies in James Bell and Sam Wicks

We have Maibaum long term injured so there’s a spot. Is Tippett still eligible for LTI list?

He plays better at CHB not fullback. Due to Melican not being match ready he is having to take the big full forwards. Had Maibaum been fit he probably would have stepped into that role. But what it is doing is keeping AA from playing his best footy. He plays that as the big mark intercept player across half back. You cannot do that at FB

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

So true. However having 2A and often Lloyd and Rampe on the last line is self defeating

We have Maibaum long term injured so there’s a spot. Is Tippett still eligible for LTI list?

I think McLean replaced Maibaum.

Tippett should still be an option to be put down as a non active player which would allow us to replace him. Not sure if that has been done or not.

Tippett should still be an option to be put down as a non active player which would allow us to replace him. Not sure if that has been done or not.

Nice to get some value from Kurt Moneyball.

There are so many areas we could make changes for this game its hard to really get a fix on them. I dont know who, McLean or Cameron, but one needs to come in to help Sinclair. This might be the game Reid starts as a backman and McCartin can go forward, the calls for Rowbottom make most sense given how badly we are being beaten around the ball.

Maybe Thurlow, Hewitt out
McLean, Rowbottom in

However as mentioned by others there are a number of changes we could make, history tells me we wont go crazy with the changes. If McLean is the Mummy type of Ruck he could very much provide something for us. I feel like Cameron deserves the opportunity more though, however McLean may advantage the team more? Question would be what if Sinclair is out, do you then bring both in?

McCartin is surely our best bet against Lynch. He's got the size/strength and competitiveness to stick with him leaving AA to cheat a bit and take intercept marks.

Would love to see Stoddart in for Thurlow. Rowbottom for Ronke. Perhaps Menzel ready for Blakey...

Would almost be a given Hewett plays on Martin - he's staying in.

On the injury update vid it showed Ling with some nice footskills, I had to do a double take as I am not used to seeing the Swans jersey doing what Ling did by foot.

Ling had close to if not the best footskills in his draft year.

I really hope he can get fit as he could be a huge asset to the team.

stoddard has been awesome of the h/b in the last two neafl games. He has a very bright future if he can be allowed to play that position.

I agree with this but you are adding some chilli to try and make your point :p He only played one of the last two NEAFL games, which may work against him. But in the week he missed, he was our travelling emergency, which may work for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that I think about it there are three very obvious changes that I really hope happen.

OUT - Ronke (needs to find confidence in the reserves)
IN - Rowbottom (outstanding few games as a half forward with pressure)

OUT - Blakey (needs a rest)
IN - Cameron (can play tall forward in lieu of Blakey but also support Sinclair)

OUT - McInerney (not ready)
IN - Stoddart (can basically do anything McInerney can but just more ready)

Reckon Heeney and maybe Parker are a huge chance to miss this week. Heeney's opponent took his chance to drive him into the ground and twist. I think his hip will need another week. Still amazed that no free was paid for that tackle.

I've seen the two Neafl games and a number of the practice matches. Stoddard is a very good half back. Intercepts very well and has tremendous drive off the half back.
Would you say he’s markedly improved since his last game in first for us Ralphy?

I have noticed this happening a lot in the games I have seen this year. Opponents tackle, bend a leg at an awkward angle and drive the opponent down with their body weight. Result: a knee? ankle or hip injury...sometimes season ending. Are coaches telling players to do this to take opponents out of the game?

Maibaum was replaced by McLean so don't think he can be placed on the LTIL to allow a Cat B rookie to be promoted as that would be double dipping.

Tippett is a Cat A rookie and thus a Cat B rookie can't be promoted for him. We would however have a spot available in the mid season draft as a result.

Maibaum was replaced by McLean so don't think he can be placed on the LTIL to allow a Cat B rookie to be promoted as that would be double dipping.

Tippett is a Cat A rookie and thus a Cat B rookie can't be promoted for him. We would however have a spot available in the mid season draft as a result.

Yeah he can’t that was my point, he has already been replaced.

Good point on Tippett, didn’t forget he was a rookie but did forget your can’t upgrade a Cat B rookie in place of a Cat A rookie!

Do we still have a spare list spot (ie. did we start the year with 39 senior players?)? If so we might be able to upgrade one anyway, but we’d have to be sure as I am not convinced they could be pushed back once they’ve been upgraded (if not in place of a LTIL player).

Would you say he’s markedly improved since his last game in first for us Ralphy?
He is playing taller, more intercept marking. A bit more like a jake lever type, positioning himself across half back and leaving his man to intercept. He is also attacking off half back, gaining plenty of metres running with the ball and then delivering well into the forward line. At NEAFL level stoddart, fox, cor, melican and pink actually make for a very good backline. They work well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back