Review Round 5 = West Coast 103-76 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I expected a 7 goal loss. So we did ok considering the loss of Degoey and Howe.

positives def M&M’s.
Moore forward was ok for the first game back. He wouldn’t have changed a lot down back if ask me.
Sier improved as game went on.

negatives
Cameron- goodbye
C brown: goodbye

Injuries hitting us again...

Biggest issue with the outs is passengers will get games

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Game had a little bit of everything. Demonstrated the best and worst traits of the team.

First quarter looked good, and I think going forward Grundy needs to spend more time up forward. Clearly has a positive role to play there if utilised properly.

Second and third quarter was abysmal especially once JDG and Howe went down. It demonstrated our lack of pressure and the mids were destroyed through the middle all too often. Our midfield is the weakest aspect of our team. Until we can properly address it, we won’t make serious strides.

McCreery and Macrae are positives. Both have been good finds of last year’s draft. McCreery has a dash of speed and looks confident going for goal. Macrae mimics his brother which is a good sign.

Big talking point will be whether Moore is suited as a forward or defender. I think once Howe went down, Moore should have been sent down back, because Keane wasn’t up to it against Darling.

I’m going to avoid the Buckley talk. My view on him hasn’t changed after tonight.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I didn't have any expectations before the game whatsoever, but given the way we played in the first quarter it was clear that this game was there for the taking. And then the carnage began, and we went into self-preservation mode, and the Eagles stepped to to the plate. In the end a very, very disappointing performance.

As a positive, Macrae looks a beauty.

chop_me

Club Legend
May 8, 2007
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Collingwood
I expected a 7 goal loss. So we did ok considering the loss of Degoey and Howe.

positives def M&M’s.
Moore forward was ok for the first game back. He wouldn’t have changed a lot down back if ask me.
Sier improved as game went on.

negatives
Cameron- goodbye
C brown: goodbye

Injuries hitting us again...

Biggest issue with the outs is passengers will get games

I think Moore not going back in Q2 to stop the bleeding (even for 5-10mins) killed any small small chance we had to steal this game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gallant effort in the end. Losing JDG and Howe early on really hurt.

This is just where we are at, a transition period.

Luckily we got Roughead for not much because our stocks outside of Moore are project Irish players. Before that it was Dunn for not much - when Dunn/Moore were injured we went into a GF with Goldsack our KPD.
Hine has drafted KPF, KPD for a decade +. He needs to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Autopsy' really does seem like a far more appropriate tag for this thread.

Watching Collingwood in the 1990s, I really became quite skilled in extracting positive elements from weekly horror. The lessons of that strange decade are coming in quite handy.

Really positive signs from our two newest players.

Relieved to lose by less than 5 goals.

Sadly with De Goey and Howe done by Half Time stopped us having any Chance of a Win.

Kids in Macrae and Mccreery looked very Promsing. Macrae looks like Class.

Moore Kicking 3 Goals where Good.

Our Midfield just not good Enough as keep losing. Showing our Lack of Depth in Midfield

Crisp was Disgusting Turned it over so much and created Eagles Goals from his Shockers

Soaring Magpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Frustrating, so many negatives through the middle quarters and it cost us this game.
The game plan in those quarters was horrible!

So many negatives from this game so let’s try and find some positives....

1. McRae looks ok

2. Moore looked ok up forward when the ball enters the 50 decently

3. The injuries will force the stubborn Bucks to make changes

There is an autopsy thread. Why create a new thread?

chop_me

Club Legend
May 8, 2007
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think we might as well keep Moore forward this year. He looked somewhat dangerous on the rare occasions we allowed him to lead.

anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united
Better than last week,but still not good.So many players just not up to it,and still they get picked!It’s so frustrating.

hellfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Hine has drafted KPF, KPD for a decade +. He needs to go.

Other than last year, he hasn’t drafted a best 22 midfielder either, has he? Just a bunch of flankers. The list feels really weak.

Overall I’ll certainly take a 27 point loss given the casualties. There were some impressive passages and periods, and then there were some abysmal passages.

Maynard was outstanding when he moved onto Darling. He was our best, I felt.

Great signs from both Macrae and McCreery.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fought it out well. Don’t think moving Moore back would have made much difference. Beaten by a better side.

Moore down back would’ve made a massive difference in the 2nd qtr. The ball was non stop in their forward line, he would’ve taken a couple intercept marks and halted some of their momentum.

We had 1 more shot on goal and 8 more inside 50s, yet we didn’t get near winning. Bizarre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back