Round 5: West Coast vs Port: Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Teams that finished 2nd and 3rd at the end of the regular season last year, now find themselves with a combined 1-7 coming into this match with their seasons on the line already.

Thoughts on the outcome?

(Currently I am thinking Port will come out on top by about a 3 goal margin, although am hoping otherwise - and am praying for rain, and lots of it)

Port will win they are at least competitive in 3 out of 4 matches a win isn't far away for them, as for us on the other hand we have to get competitive to put us in a position to win

Port by 27pts.:thumbsdown:

after tonights performance i reckon we'll win simply the fact port choked at home against brisbane.

Just hope it doesn't have the effect of firing them up and recreating what happened against them in Round 15 last year...

Whom is going to match up on the Cornes and Burgoyne brothers?

If we play like we have been playing the past 3 weeks, then Port by 10 goals.
If our seniors can stand up and passengers like Hansen & Braun get dropped, we're a chance to sneak over the line.

What concerns me is that Port have traditionally been a very hard at it side. Big mature bodies, lots of experience, well drilled. We on the other hand have got a bunch of inexperienced kids surrounded by undisciplined seniors who either f__k up the game plan or refuse to follow it.

Haven't played them at Subi since 2005 we won that game by 117 points.

If the human rebounding machine: Hansen plays well we might as well just give them the points. Cones and Kennedy in, hopefully wirra fit too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port by 17 points.

They are not a bad team.

Smash us when we were good - what will they do now we are a joke?

Our team was hardly good when we played them, didn't we only have something like 27 players to choose from?

as said previously, mckinley to kick a bag but as usual i feel no one will be there to help out in the forward line. port will porbably kick 12-14 goals, I can only see us kicking about 9-11 goals.

should be an improvement on our last 3 but I think Port will do what they always do to us.

Oh how I miss one, Phil Matera

Nil-all draw looks a safe bet at the minute.

LOL!

both teams will kick a few goals, scrappy close game with no real skill involved, in the last quarter port blow the eagles apart.

Sorry that I don't have much optimism at the minute.

What concerns me is that Port have traditionally been a very hard at it side. Big mature bodies, lots of experience, well drilled. We on the other hand have got a bunch of inexperienced kids surrounded by undisciplined seniors who either f__k up the game plan or refuse to follow it.

Haven't seen much of Port lately I take it? :eek:

West Coast by 119 goals.

Port have forgotten how to win at the moment and they lack grunt. All vanilla in their mids and little contested ball. You guys are the opposite.

Actually, combine your teams and you've got the flag in the bag :p

Eagles by 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back