Preview Round 6 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Friday 28th April, 7.50pm, Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. Just wow.

If i ever need to be cheered up will re-read that lol

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I think move on, we didn't play well and banked the 4 points. Missed the cream of a percentage boost but the points are what really matters. More pleasant times ahead I think.

I won't be

Can't believe the lines!!!!
Yeah fair point
I was prepared bought food and drink when I arrived. and dont generally drink at games so toilet queues dont hurt me. I like the Manuka crowd and had only one not very committed Buĺldogs supporter anywhere near. He was being managed by his friends so no problem as far as the ground went.

Thank your side for winning. Thought your defence which is sort of always underrated from your side was immense. Had Haynes and Kennedy close to best on.

Taranto looks an absolute beauty. Didn't get it a lot but knew what to do with it. Great selection.

Well played GWS
:cool:I keep saying you guys can relax this year, we have it.

Strange that the Sydney derby seems to have plenty of feeling between the teams but not so much supporters. The Bulldogs is the opposite. Their not our rivals though, you're welcome to them if you want them.

I made the trip down for the game. I'm glad I did. But won't be doing it again any time soon. Only positive was they still sell tinnies (what a throwback) and they are full strength
Unfortunately, the facilities are a factor is me not making the trip. At least the ground is at capacity most games now. If we were struggling, I'd make the effort.

Spoke to a few of the boys at the Canberra fan day this morning. Only about 16 or so players made it there - no Mummy, Haynes, Corr or Reid, so take from that what you will (I didn't ask specifically about them). Everyone pretty much reported being sore after the game, probably Nathan Wilson seemed a touch more than just matter of fact. Everyone seemed upbeat but not overconfident from the win - pretty much 'yeah it was close', 'great to get the win', 'wasn't the best game for us' etc, so while they've thankfully banked the win, they certainly weren't getting carried away by it - which is good.

As usual, Jezza being king of the kids - didn't sit down at the table to sign autographs but headed straight over the where the kids were kicking. Just gotta love him. :thumbsu:

Unfortunately, the facilities are a factor is me not making the trip. At least the ground is at capacity most games now. If we were struggling, I'd make the effort.

Thanks but I'll pass. Today has been bad enough without having the Dogs as our rivals lol

If we can't win it I hope you guys do

828k I think, (600k 7 & 228k fox)

Sydney v GWS was on a Saturday night and only free to air into NSW and the ACT. Other states got a different game.

The Friday night ratings for GWS v Western Bulldogs were excellent, although the Sydney audience was bigger for Sydney v GWS as you'd expect.

Sydney v GWS had 73k on FTA in Sydney plus another 45k on Fox (as well as 35k at the SCG).

GWS v Western Bulldogs had 42k on FTA in Sydney and another 24k on Fox.

This is pretty good in Sydney for a game not involving the Swans (relatively speaking).

There is more free-to-air competition on Friday night, especially from NRL (the Eels in this case).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney v GWS was on a Saturday night and only free to air into NSW and the ACT. Other states got a different game.

The Friday night ratings for GWS v Western Bulldogs were excellent, although the Sydney audience was bigger for Sydney v GWS as you'd expect.

Sydney v GWS had 73k on FTA in Sydney plus another 45k on Fox (as well as 35k at the SCG).

GWS v Western Bulldogs had 42k on FTA in Sydney and another 24k on Fox.

This is pretty good in Sydney for a game not involving the Swans (relatively speaking).

There is more free-to-air competition on Friday night, especially from NRL (the Eels in this case).

These are the numbers I was looking at, I cocked up the 600k though as that is all Sat night, which would include the Freo vs North game?
Sat TV #AFL Seven/7mate Night 600k: Seven 473k (Syd 73k Mel 258k Ade 142k) 7mate Per 127k

Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLSwansGiants 228k: Metro 193k (Syd 45k Mel 89k Bri 16k Ade 26k Per 17k)
Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLSunsCrows 219k: Metro 183k (Syd 10k Mel 96k Bri 10k Ade 41k Per 26k)
Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLDogsLions 208k: Metro 167k (Syd 8k Mel 91k Bri 21k Ade 16k Per 31k)
Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLFreoNorth 126k: Metro103k (Syd 3k Mel 54k Bri 5k Ade 7k Per 34k)

These are the numbers I was looking at, I cocked up the 600k though as that is all Sat night, which would include the Freo vs North game?
Sat TV #AFL Seven/7mate Night 600k: Seven 473k (Syd 73k Mel 258k Ade 142k) 7mate Per 127k

Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLSwansGiants 228k: Metro 193k (Syd 45k Mel 89k Bri 16k Ade 26k Per 17k)
Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLSunsCrows 219k: Metro 183k (Syd 10k Mel 96k Bri 10k Ade 41k Per 26k)
Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLDogsLions 208k: Metro 167k (Syd 8k Mel 91k Bri 21k Ade 16k Per 31k)
Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLFreoNorth 126k: Metro103k (Syd 3k Mel 54k Bri 5k Ade 7k Per 34k)

Yes, you actually had the correct "Saturday Night" free-to-air figure of 600k.

It's just that that number is spread over three games: Sydney v GWS (73k in Sydney), Freo v North (385k comprising 258k in Melbourne and 127k in Perth) and the twilight game between Gold Coast and Adelaide which was apparently coded as nighttime (142k in Adelaide).

I don't think the_Wookie or anybody else ever uncovered the missing Brisbane number for the Gold Coast game, but I could be wrong.

It is a bit of a nightmare trying to keep track of the ratings with all the overlapping games, different games in different states and Seven's coding of games between 7 and 7mate.

Last edited:
Over the last week, in general, the media gave Bulldogs more credit for losing the game than credit given to the Giants for winning!?!

Over the last week, in general, the media gave Bulldogs more credit for losing the game than credit given to the Giants for winning!?!

Well they did have a lot of players out - like their captain and vice captain and a couple of other 200 gamers... oh wait, no, that was us.

But they did finish with an injured player on their bench - wait.... no, that was us too.

And they got hammered by the umpires... sorry, no, that wasn't them.

Ahhh - got it now. They were "brave"

Kinda works for us I think. History says ot will be a looooong time before they win another one. They're being set up for a fall.
Daniel came back well though, when their club gets folded, as it should, maybe we can pick him up with Bontempelli

Daniel came back well though, when their club gets folded, as it should, maybe we can pick him up with Bontempelli
Lol awaits mutt trolls. Lol
0f108ce30d9ff2d5e66c8cd6b898f55a.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back