Preview Round 6 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday 27th April 2019, SCG, 7.25pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
To: John Longmire
Subject: What’s happening with the Swans?

G’day John, how’s it going?

Just wondering why you’re losing so many games at the SCG lately?

To: Leon Cameron
Subject: Re: What’s happening with the Swans?

G’day Leon, what are you asking that for?

Subject: Re: re: What’s happening with the Swans?

Mate, we’re playing you there on Saturday night.

Subject: Re: re: re: What’s happening with the Swans?

Are you?

Jesus.

Subject: Re: re: re: re: What’s happening with the Swans?

Jesus?

Wasn’t he this weekend mate?

Subject: Re: re: re: re: re: What’s happening with the Swans?

He was, but there was no resurrection for us against the Tigers. Would have been a bigger miracle than rabbits laying chocolate eggs if you ask me.

But I reckon we need another miracle to knock you guys off.

Subject: Re: re: re: re: re: re: What’s happening with the Swans?

Well if the SCG's no good for you mate, we can play at ANZ Stadium if you want.

Subject: Re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What’s happening with the Swans?

ANZ Stadium? I’d rather tick off Izzy Folau’s shopping list than go back there.

No mate, I dunno what’s going on at the SCG. Supposed to be a fortress, but the gates are like swinging doors.

Hanners goes to the Saints and they start winning. Rohan goes to the Cats and they start winning (although he was pretty bloody useless last week). Buddy’s playing all over the shop. So is the midfield, whoever we’ve got in there. Ditto the backline. I don’t even know who’s in the box with me anymore.

Still, divine intervention might be on our side. If we lose to you guys it would be five losses on the trot at home and that hasn’t happened since the Dark Ages.

Bit like you winning all the time in Canberra, mate. You had to drop one sooner or later, we’ve got to win one sooner or later.

Subject: Re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What’s happening with the Swans?

Hmmm. You might be on to something there.

But we've got other worries mate. Footy Phil did his ankle against the Shockers, so I don’t think he’ll be giving Buddy a hard time on Saturday, whether he plays or not. And Toby won't be putting the boot in anymore, even if he does play.

Anyway, we’re looking forward to it mate.

Subject: Re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What’s happening with the Swans?

Mate, just be kind to us this time. I’m still getting over that bloody final last year.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
My SCG plans as usual.
Get there early enough to have a meal.
Park in the entertainment quarter car park.
Buy dinner at one of the places (I like PJ Gallagher’sbecause it Has all the screens filled with sport) and get your parking ticket validated.
Off to the game and on your return you get a reduced price from the $25 flat rate.
If you grab a coffee after the game and stay too long you may not get a discount.
Go Giants!!!

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
After the loss to Freo I am not as confident on this game as I would be if Saturday was a win but I will back the players to respond but it will be a tough game and if the Dockers showed other teams a way to get over the top of the Giants.
I am confident Davis will be OK for Saturday night but maybe more defensive cover is needed but with Buntine in the side he could move back at stages of the game if needed. I can see Mumford and Kelly having big games and with the inexperienced defensive stocks of the Swans I can see the tall forwards kicking most of the goals again this week

Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Taylor Kennedy
Whitfield Taranto Kelly
MDB Cameron Greene
Daniels HH TOJ
Mumford Coniglio Hopper
Tomlinson Hately Reid Buntine/Lloyd

Others close could be Corr, Bonar and Shipley but I feel they all need another couple of weeks in the NEAFL

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
In all honesty we should belt them this weekend

They have been poor

Last week we were too but I’m putting that down to an inexperienced midfield. We rely so much on taranto and hopper but forget they are so young and will inevitably struggle to put together a whole month of footy

I think we will bounce back here and come away with a 50 point win

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Seeing quite a few teams getting done in games that they should win.
I’ve always wondered whether teams collectively relax because they’re up against a side they thought would be easy.
They relax and in a quarter of footy, they’re 3 or 4 goals down. By then, mentally they try to get the goals back, struggle, and eventually get rolled.
I always recoil a bit when I hear “this should be an easy game” “we’re playing them at home and they have to travel” “they got thumped last week”. That sort of thing.
I hope our boys go in with Freo in their thoughts and know that they’ve got to take the Swans on to win.
Love to see what you all think of these thoughts.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Seeing quite a few teams getting done in games that they should win.
I’ve always wondered whether teams collectively relax because they’re up against a side they thought would be easy.
They relax and in a quarter of footy, they’re 3 or 4 goals down. By then, mentally they try to get the goals back, struggle, and eventually get rolled.
I always recoil a bit when I hear “this should be an easy game” “we’re playing them at home and they have to travel” “they got thumped last week”. That sort of thing.
I hope our boys go in with Freo in their thoughts and know that they’ve got to take the Swans on to win.
Love to see what you all think of these thoughts.
I dont like to be overconfident and would like to see the boys let their action do the talking. I know what the boys can do at their best is good enough, but if we have a day off, we can also easily be beaten.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I dont like to be overconfident and would like to see the boys let their action do the talking. I know what the boys can do at their best is good enough, but if we have a day off, we can also easily be beaten.
Hopefully that’s out of their system after last week :)

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Ok my confidence has grown significantly. Davis stays and Greene added.

Giants by 20
Screenshot_20190425-183033_GWS%20Giants.jpeg

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I think it is possible that Davis is a late withdrawl despite the noise from the club, I hope he plays but only if he is fit enough to play on Buddy and there is no risk of more damage
Corr was needed to come in after the loss to the Dockers and all the marks the talls took

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back