Preview Round 6 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday 27th April 2019, SCG, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hately dropped ahead of Lloyd and Reid???

Is Hately being managed/injured? There would have to be something we aren’t aware of here.. he was in Giants best 5 players last week and there are more like for like players such as Lloyd or Daniel for Greene who were worse.

Does anyone know why Hately is out?

Hately dropped ahead of Lloyd and Reid???

Is Hately being managed/injured? There would have to be something we aren’t aware of here.. he was in Giants best 5 players last week and there are more like for like players such as Lloyd or Daniel for Greene who were worse.

Does anyone know why Hately is out?

Plenty of thoughts
After the Dockers loss a need for extra height in defence
Need for speed
Defensive pressure
Reid has turned into a solid contributor and although not a star he is flexible to play in all thirds of the ground and he must be a favourite of Leon

Hately will be back in soon all things going well for him

Some talk of turning this fixture into an ANZAC day game.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I’d be going to the game either way.
Watching the bombers on this day is a long standing tradition in my house, though.
It would attract more people I think, as the AFL would love to promote a northern event.
Gee, most of the other clubs hate us already. This will give them another reason to pile it on to us and the Swans.

I see Davis' inclusion as the club giving him every chance to play given his known importance on Buddy. However, feel that Hately/Cumming will be the late inclusion if needed.

Hately dropped, Reid stays in.

Yep...
Can't say I'm a fan of keeping Reid in at all but Reid has been playing as a small defender, Hately doesn't have that string to his bow yet.

I see Davis' inclusion as the club giving him every chance to play given his known importance on Buddy. However, feel that Hately/Cumming will be the late inclusion if needed.
Heard him on the Footy Phil podcast and he said he was confident. A ploy, perhaps?
He does do well against Buddy.

Looking forward to using my favourite chant against the Swans supporters.
They chant, Sydney clap clap clap, and I yell out, Greater Western, in between.
It does annoy some. It’s a little selfish, but I enjoy it.

From the Swans board:

"Swans need to relocate away from the Eastern Suburbs, too many off season lattes and not enough skills training. The only pride they seem to have these days is walking down Oxford St - it certainly isn't making our home ground a fortress."

What next, expect them to fly Jetstar?

We might have to make the poster an honourary westie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I'm from WA. I have learnt over the years that funny things happen in local Derbys

Teams tend to lift a notch. I think you can expect a closer one than you think
Doesn't matter who you name, we are that poor that you will account for us comfortably

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2019-04-26/davis-not-in-the-clear-yet

By the sounds of it he will be given right up until the warm up and I think if he plays that is good but I think more importantly to win the mids need to dominate the clearances and around the ball and they should be able to get enough inside 50s for the forwards to kick a winning score, Hately likely to come back in if Davis does miss
I still want to see Kelly back to or at least near his best which he did show signs last week but I think he has another 10% to add

Mate I'm from WA. I have learnt over the years that funny things happen in local Derbys

Teams tend to lift a notch. I think you can expect a closer one than you think

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Totally agree. There is another side to this as well

Jones and buddy would be thinking it’s a decent stage to promote their value prior to their end of season trade requests.... ;)

Totally agree. There is another side to this as well

Jones and buddy would be thinking it’s a decent stage to promote their value prior to their end of season trade requests.... ;)
Then it’s likely Jones will go to jail for thuggery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back